I've noticed this a couple of times that seemingly at random, the MicroSD will eject and then remount, causing the notification to appear again. Maybe once a day or less?

Has your S7 or S7 Edge done this? I'm using a 32gb Sandisk Ultra.
    03-16-2016 12:07 PM
    No problems here
    03-16-2016 12:37 PM
    never happened to me, activated last Tuesday
    03-16-2016 12:47 PM
    This started happening to me today. almost have had it a week
    03-16-2016 12:50 PM
    Noticed it once or twice... wasn't sure if I just wasn't swiping the notification away. Haven't noticed it since really paying attention to it, i.e. no SD Card notification.
    03-16-2016 12:58 PM
    I wonder if this has to do with all the fake micro sd cards being sold out there. Even Amazon was hit by a rash of fake cards. A samsung rep was actually posting on Amazon about their cards. If it says it was made in Taiwan on the packaging, it's fake. The fakes are so good, they fool the phone and even computer software into thinking the cards are actually, 32 gb, 64 gb, etc, when actually all they are is 8 GB at most. So your phone writes to it thinking the capacity is what is listed, then files start getting corrupt, videos start messing up, etc.
    03-16-2016 01:06 PM
    I've never had this happen.
    03-16-2016 01:07 PM
    This has been happening to me since I got the phone. Happens maybe once or twice a day. Hopefully it doesn't stop recognizing the card altogether.
    03-16-2016 01:20 PM
    I've never had this happen.
    What kind of sd card are you using?
    03-16-2016 01:21 PM
    hasn't happened to me either. the sim/sd tray was a really tight fit going back into the phone, which i'm guessing is due to the gaskets for waterproofing.

maybe it's a case of some phones have a QC issue with the rubber seals not being as thick thus causing the tray to move around and unseat the card?
    03-16-2016 01:26 PM
    What kind of sd card are you using?
    I have a PNY in one S7 Edge and a Kingston in the other. I have not gotten the message in either phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    03-16-2016 01:28 PM
    I have the notification pop up every few minutes SD card... For transfer of media files etc etc...Explore or Eject how do I turn it off
    03-16-2016 03:21 PM
    hrmmmm, should only come on once after booting up, shouldn't see it again, what card you using?
    03-16-2016 04:40 PM
    I get the notification 2 times a day. See my original post here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...g-up-help.html
    03-16-2016 05:00 PM
    San disk 32gb Extreme UHS-1.... Haven't got the notification on the last 2 hours since I rebooted after inserting the card for the first time. That was it... Needed me to reboot.
    03-16-2016 05:07 PM
    I had a similar experience with a Lexar 32gb card right before it completely failed. I would suggest backing up your data and moving to a new cards.

128GB SanDisk Ultra card here. Part of the original pre-order batch. Only saw the message once after booting up with the card. Haven't seen it sense.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 05:14 PM
    Not yet, maybe take out the SD card and place it into the slot again maybe it's how you put it on
    03-17-2016 02:05 AM
    I have the exact problem. When it happens all my SD saved app icons are see through and but I can still access them

Galaxy S7 Edge: Silver Titanium
    Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2016 10:32 PM
    Using a Samsung EVO PRO, 64 GB, no problems or notifications.
    jjaammzz likes this.
    03-18-2016 02:22 AM
    I wonder if this has to do with all the fake micro sd cards being sold out there. Even Amazon was hit by a rash of fake cards. A samsung rep was actually posting on Amazon about their cards. If it says it was made in Taiwan on the packaging, it's fake. The fakes are so good, they fool the phone and even computer software into thinking the cards are actually, 32 gb, 64 gb, etc, when actually all they are is 8 GB at most. So your phone writes to it thinking the capacity is what is listed, then files start getting corrupt, videos start messing up, etc.
    That makes sense. We have 3 edge 7's in my house and all are using sd cards varying in size from 32-200 and they only show notification upon boot. They are for sure all genuine sandisk cards.
    03-18-2016 03:14 AM
    It is not just a S7 Edge issue. It also happens to S7. You can go for days without it and suddenly 2-3 times per day.
    1) It is totally normal on re-boot;
    2) Everytime you swipe it away, if it comes back, this means that you SD card was ejected and re-connected;
    3) it happens most of the time if you listen to music and watch pictures at the same time from the SD;
    4) it does not happen to a lot of devices, but those ones are faulty hardware;
    5) it could be a) bad tray, b) bad pressure connection inside the device where the SD sits (hardware issue) c) it could be an issue with the internal connector of your devices. It CANNOT be a software-related issue.
    6) I have a Sandish 64gb (which has always worked properly in my S5). I bought a Samsung Evo 64gb, thinking that the SD could have been the issue. But they both do the same exact behaviour.
    7) All my cards read well in my PC. I have formatted 1) from the PC (both SD, multiple times) and 2) within the S7 device option format: Everytime the issue came back.
    8) if you google the issue around the Web, you will see that this issue is somewhat frequent. Some folks have exchanged 3 times with the same issue in all devices. But on millions of devices produced, it is normal that some defect occurs like in any chain of production.
    9) Some people said to put a tape on the SD to make it fit tighter in the tray once it is inserted and sit in. For approximately half of them, it did resolve the issue. For the other half, it did not. I have not tried this yet.
    10) As the device will age, I really believe that the issue will be worse and for those who don't yet see this issue, in my own opinion, I believe that the issue will arose at one point or another in time.
    11) Samsung is fully aware of the issue. Of course wont admit it publicly. However, I am sure that they are working with this specific issue on the new batches to be produced.
    12) This means: Do not scratch or break you glass (very week device for this) in anyway. Wait a few months and ask for this issue to be repaired. In the end Samsung WILL have to send back a bran new device to you because to fix this, they would have to totally open the device and this would be to expensive for them to do (specifically because the device needs to remain IP67 "water and dust resistant".
    13) This will also means that you will need to send back your device and loose it for at least 4-6 weeks so I would strongly advise you to keep your "Old" android with you because you will need another device in the meantime.

I have done all the possible steps (managers, reviews of my file, pushing, etc.) with Samsung so that they ship me a new device and would ship back the one I have and they WILL NOT, in anyway do this. I am a lawyer, I know how to negotiate and trust me, this was probably the hardest negotiation I had to do in 17 years of practice and I lost (lol). So I now have to send them my device for repair loosing it for 6 weeks.
    04-08-2016 12:29 PM
    I sent my S7 to a Samsung repair center at the demand of Samsung "executive" department for the same issue: OFFICIALLY, the motherboard needs to be replacement. This is officially an hardware defect.
    04-20-2016 03:25 PM