Anybody come from Moto Droid Turbo or Droid Turbo 2? Or Moto X or Moto X Pure?

If so, how about some comparisons. Pros/cons. I'm especially interested in battery life between the two devices and TouchWiz vs. nearly stock Android.
    03-16-2016 01:07 PM
    The turbo 2 kicked apps out of memory very frequently compared to my s7 edge.

Battery life for me is probably close... But the s7 edge seems better.

Camera is better on the S7.

I don't mind touchwiz as it is in the S7. But honestly I am not a stock Android guy.
    03-16-2016 01:30 PM
    Came from Turbo. Getting pretty much the same battery life so far, if not slightly better as I've had it for almost a week now.

I've done as much as possible to un-TouchWiz this thing though. Applied the Material Dark theme to get it to look normal, using Nova Prime as my launcher - makes me feel like I was using my Turbo in the first place. Have disabled a whole bunch of stuff with Package Disabler Pro. Here is a list of what I have disabled:

Access Cloud
    AllShare FileShare Serivce
    Amazon
    Amazon Kindle
    Amazon Music
    ANT + DUT
    ANT HAL Service
    ANT Radio Service
    ANT+ Plugins Service
    Assistant Menu
    Basic Daydreams
    BBCAgent
    BeaconManager
    Bluetooth MIDI Service
    Briefing
    Briefing feed
    Calendar
    Caller Name ID
    Camera test
    CarmodeStub
    ChocoEUKor
    ClipboardSaveService
    CLipboardUIService
    Cloud
    Color adjustment
    com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
    com.android.sharedstoragebackup
    com.android.wallpapercropper
    com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub
    com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations
    com.sec.android.app.minimode.res
    com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker
    Control TV
    CoolEUKor
    DeviceTest
    Dictionary
    Drive
    Email
    Foundation
    Galaxy Apps
    Galaxy Essentials Widget
    Gear VR Service
    Gear VR SetupWizardStub
    Gear VR Shell
    go90
    Hancom Office 2014
    Health Service
    Help
    Highlight Video Player
    IMS Settings
    Keis Application BnR
    KNOX
    KnoxAppsUpdateAgent
    Live wallpaper picker
    LLKAgent
    Magnifier
    MDMApp
    Memo
    Message+
    My InfoZone
    My interest
    My Places
    My Verizon MObile
    Nearby devices
    Nearby Service
    NFL Mobile
    Personal Data Management
    Photo Screensavers
    Photos
    Private Mode Service
    Quick Connect
    RoseEUKor
    S Finder
    S Health
    S Voice App
    Safety Information
    Samsung ApexService
    Samsung Content Agent
    Samsung Galaxy
    Samsung Gear
    Samsung Keyboard
    Samsung Location SDK
    SAmsung Milk Music
    Samsung MirrorLink 1.1
    Samsung Push Service
    Samsung text-to-speech engine
    SamsungDLPSerivce
    SapaMOnitor
    Screen MIrrioring
    SecurityLogAgent
    Settings Receiver
    Slacker Radio
    Smart Switch
    Smart Switch Agent
    Spanish Language Pack
    Support & Protection
    TalkBack
    TouchWiz easy home
    Verizon Location Agent
    Verizon Login
    Verizon Store Demo Mode
    Virtual Tour
    Voice Assistant
    Voice Service
    Voice wake-up
    VPN Client
    VpnDialogs
    VZ Navigator
    vzw_api
    VZW_Multicast_MW
    VZWAPN
    withTV

Hell of a list!
    grumpton likes this.
    03-16-2016 02:05 PM
    I have the moto x pure, and s7e,
    I love my moto x pure still, the battery life on s7e is way better at least for me.

Also it depends what your looking for both devices are way different. Ones close stock Android and ones highly overlayed Android.

I still love my moto x pure for these reasons.
    Because it's bigger,
    It feels better in my hands,
    Brighter screen,
    Features like moto display is way better that always on display,
    Front facing amazing speakers.
    Plus close Stock Android and gets updates faster.

I like the s7e for these reasons.
    Style Looks good,
    Amazing camera,
    Better battery,
    And faster processor.

That's about it, I basically got the s7e because the LG g5 disappointed me and I haven't had a Samsung since s3.
    If moto surprises me with another great phone this year I'll definitely buy it
    03-17-2016 04:44 AM
    Coming from Droid Turbo 2. Battery life slightly better on S7 edge. Screen on S7 is much nicer. It is closer to the surface. The feel of the phone is fantastic. It is light, thin and smooth. I still have a really soft spot for my Droid Turbo 2. I'll probably keep it as a spare phone. I haven't modded it to Material Design yet. TouchWiz seems acceptable.
    03-17-2016 05:14 AM
    I had the turbo, and I love the edge so much. the battery is at least as good (a little better I think). Game launcher is great because it really cuts down on battery use during a game. The screen is way nicer on the edge.
    03-17-2016 07:24 AM
    I made a quick pit stop to the Turbo 2 from the Nexus 6P while I waited for the S7 Edge Preorders to start. The Droid Turbo 2 is a good phone. Battery life on the S7 Edge is much better IMO. Overall it was a great phone for two weeks but I am where I want to be now after flip flopping numerous phones in the past few months. Much happier with the S7 Edge.. Especially the Silver....
    03-17-2016 07:48 AM
    I had a Moto X Style (Pure) for a few days. Hated it. Too bulky, and plain ugly in my opinion. Yes the speakers were good but the front of the device was way too big

Moto Actions were horrible. The vibration feedback when double twisting to switch the camera on was ridiculous and I found that the LED torch had switched on a couple of ntimes in my pocket (enough walking to activate the double chop I guess).

Yes it was near stock Android but Moto are not THAT quick with updates and it was missing the Google Dialer which is one of the best things about stock IMO.

The Samsung S7 Edge is better in many ways including, build, design (including comfort to use), screen, power, battery. I've been a long time Nexus user and have even managed to start enjoying Touchwiz using themes, icon switcher and the Google Now Launcher.
    03-17-2016 07:56 AM
    I came from the Droid Turbo (1st Gen). I think the battery life for the S7 Edge is slightly worse. With my Turbo, I would have about 20-30% at the end of the day and with the S7 Edge, I would have less than 10%. With that being said, I've only had it about a week and I've been playing with the phone more than I probably usually do.

I miss Moto Display the most and after a week, I prefer near-stock Android compared to TouchWiz. I'm still getting used to the slightly larger screen (I think the Droid Turbo was perfect for my hand size) and more-sensitive touch screen. But I love the better camera and the fingerprint sensor. So there are things I miss but overall I think most of my issues are things I'll eventually get used to.
    03-17-2016 10:04 AM
    I came from the Droid Turbo (1st Gen). I think the battery life for the S7 Edge is slightly worse. With my Turbo, I would have about 20-30% at the end of the day and with the S7 Edge, I would have less than 10%. With that being said, I've only had it about a week and I've been playing with the phone more than I probably usually do.

I miss Moto Display the most and after a week, I prefer near-stock Android compared to TouchWiz. I'm still getting used to the slightly larger screen (I think the Droid Turbo was perfect for my hand size) and more-sensitive touch screen. But I love the better camera and the fingerprint sensor. So there are things I miss but overall I think most of my issues are things I'll eventually get used to.
    Try using AcDisplay or Dynamic Notifications - they're not exact clones of Moto Display, but they do fill the void.
    03-17-2016 10:34 AM