03-23-2016 04:50 AM
83 1234
tools
    Brett1024, THANK YOU! Needless to say, that worked!!
    Crisis averted. Great to hear!
    Aquila and OceanView like this.
    03-16-2016 02:27 PM
    Very glad the fix was easy. Thanks Brett!
    Aquila likes this.
    03-16-2016 02:28 PM
    No problem, do that if your screen freezes too or something crazy like that. Glad i can help. This is a known problem with the s7s.
    03-16-2016 02:28 PM
    As a fellow Iowan rural also I'm glad you could fix it. I hate having to drive to the city for it. Unfortunately I have to stick with vzw since it's the only thing available here

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 02:51 PM
    You've got to remember though there are people.on this forum that still have not even got their first president ordered silver from vzw.

03-16-2016 02:52 PM
    I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.
    They can't offer you a replacement on a phone they don't have. Nothing you can do here. Go to apple and it won't be any different. I don't expect apple to provide you with a loaner phone either.

But speaking from personal experience with Apple customer service over the phone and in store, I would say it was pretty lackluster. In some cases even worse than Verizon store. Of course I have had bad experiences with Verizon store too,but I have never actually received what I would consider good customer service from Apple.

With regards to number of lines... I had over 10 lines with Verizon at one point... They don't care. Now if you had 100,000 lines.... Then that's a different story.
    03-16-2016 03:03 PM
    Let us know your experience after days/weeks of using your nice silver titanium adamantium s7 edge
    03-16-2016 03:05 PM
    As a fellow Iowan rural also I'm glad you could fix it. I hate having to drive to the city for it. Unfortunately I have to stick with vzw since it's the only thing available here

I'm not in rural Iowa, I'm in the Cedar Valley - but other than in Des Moines, all carriers seem to suck in this state. I've been with Verizon for years and have considered switching, but no one can come close to giving me unlimited data for as cheap with service that actually works everywhere.
    03-16-2016 03:11 PM
    Awesome awesome awesome. Love it when the solution is a super easy fix. What a relief!
    Aquila, VDub2174, Almeuit and 2 others like this.
    03-16-2016 03:14 PM
    They have a silver one at BB in rockingham mall Salem NH. supposedly was returned for a different color.
    03-16-2016 03:15 PM
    You've got to remember though there are people.on this forum that still have not even got their first president ordered silver from vzw.

Mine just shipped today. I put the tracking in fedex thought no it says not found. How long till tis gets updated
    03-16-2016 03:24 PM
    Mine just shipped today. I put the tracking in fedex thought no it says not found. How long till tis gets updated
    If it shipped today, then the shipper will be transmitting the shipping information to FedEx probably later on today, and then FedEx will start updating their system as soon as the physical box hits a FedEx facility, which will probably be later on tonight depending on the volume your seller processes.
    03-16-2016 03:45 PM
    Did you try holding down the power button and top volume rocker. Not sure if that will work but someone else had a problem and they did the reboot that way and it worked.
    I thought you hold down the power button and bottom volume rocker, not the top.
    03-16-2016 03:59 PM
    Holy crap. Now I feel like a jerk. Partially for what I said, and partially for not trying to troubleshoot.
    03-16-2016 04:39 PM
    I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.
    Verizon customer service just sucks.
    03-16-2016 04:41 PM
    I'm not in rural Iowa, I'm in the Cedar Valley - but other than in Des Moines, all carriers seem to suck in this state. I've been with Verizon for years and have considered switching, but no one can come close to giving me unlimited data for as cheap with service that actually works everywhere.
    I'm closers to the Omaha/council bluffs border but that's still an hr away!

03-16-2016 08:38 PM
    Holy crap. Now I feel like a jerk. Partially for what I said, and partially for not trying to troubleshoot.
    You suck at teh fones.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    03-16-2016 08:59 PM
    You suck at teh fones.
    Harshes - 🌮🍻
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
    03-16-2016 09:35 PM
    Harshes - ������������
    I miss his troublemaking and trollish behavior. Now I wanna give him a hug.

May. Santa Clara. I will find you OQuinn. There will be love in the air.

(You can have your thread back happy people of the Internet )
    Aquila, sangs and badcat like this.
    03-16-2016 10:41 PM
    A couple things:

1. Apple will obviously only be able to exchange a phone if they have it in stock too. I have ran into issues not being able to exchange because of this when the iPhone 6+ came out.
    2. Nope, VZW doesn't care one bit about how much you spend with them monthly.
    3. Even if they did, they can't exchange your phone if they literally have none in stock. Not sure how your monthly expenditure with them would affect the inventory levels of a phone.
    Apple always keeps reserve stock for defective replacements during new product launch. I've had issues in the past where the iPhone 6+ was backordered at launch and had mine swapped from their reserve service stock.

So far the 7E has worked flawless but the lack of manufacturer support definitely crossed my mind when considering the switch.
    rbiowa likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:47 PM
    Apple always keeps reserve stock for defective replacements during new product launch. I've had issues in the past where the iPhone 6+ was backordered at launch and had mine swapped from their reserve service stock.

So far the 7E has worked flawless but the lack of manufacturer support definitely crossed my mind when considering the switch.
    Maybe that's region dependent. I sure couldn't get one swapped when the 6 and 6+ launched.
    03-16-2016 10:56 PM
    Maybe that's region dependent. I sure couldn't get one swapped when the 6 and 6+ launched.
    Perhaps, I live in central NJ and can throw a stone and hit 6 Apple stores. When my 6+ failed I freaked out because they were on backorder for a month +. Walked into the Apple store and was told that they were sold out but had service reserve stock.

So far no issues with the S7E and I'm praying it stays that way.

Good luck!
    sangs and rbiowa like this.
    03-16-2016 11:04 PM
    I had that happen with my iPhone 6 Plus. Preordered the day it went on sale. Got it on time. It didn't work properly. Went to Verizon. None in stock. Called Apple. I could get it exchanged at the nearest Apple store. Unfortunately, that was 200 miles away. No thanks. had to wait 3 weeks for a replacement from Verizon.

I get a kick out of people who say they have X amount of lines, that somehow they are entitled to something.
    I used to have over 18K lines and believe it or not my Verizon govt.business rep would literally drive me around the block if I asked.. but I digress and recall the one time I had one of my business users go into a retail store it was a disaster.
    03-16-2016 11:10 PM
    I can't believe that's not the first thing Verizon and Samsung would have had you do... unbelievable...
    03-16-2016 11:12 PM
    Perhaps, I live in central NJ and can throw a stone and hit 6 Apple stores. When my 6+ failed I freaked out because they were on backorder for a month +. Walked into the Apple store and was told that they were sold out but had service reserve stock.

So far no issues with the S7E and I'm praying it stays that way.

Good luck!
    Apple makes sure EVERYWHERE has a reserve stock, and that's the problem.

Where i live, they could get away with just having a few spares at Best Buy, because I live in the middle of nowhere. They send too many spares here and they sit and gather dust. That means somewhere that people actually live may not get as many as they need. While Central NJ should have enough replacement units on hand (and in your case they did) there's no guarantee.

I remember when the iPhone first went to Sprint, there were stock issues everywhere because people didn't check that service would be acceptable (compared to AT&T) and kept thinking they were having reception issues.

Apple does a really good job with supply, but they can't always be perfect.
    rbiowa likes this.
    03-16-2016 11:36 PM
83 1234