03-23-2016 04:50 AM
83 1234
tools
    I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.
    Umm I can promise you that if you had an iPhone instead of the s7 edge and they were sold out you also would have been in the same situation. I've owned many iPhone and have been through that myself. Don't blame Samsung or Verizon for the phone selling well.
    DaleReeck#AC likes this.
    03-17-2016 07:20 AM
    Umm I can promise you that if you had an iPhone instead of the s7 edge and they were sold out you also would have been in the same situation. I've owned many iPhone and have been through that myself. Don't blame Samsung or Verizon for the phone selling well.
    Every Apple store keeps a supply of sealed new in box phones that are off limits to sell except for extenuating circumstances. It would be very rare to walk into one and be told they couldn't do a swap for a defective phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2016 07:41 AM
    Perhaps, I live in central NJ and can throw a stone and hit 6 Apple stores. When my 6+ failed I freaked out because they were on backorder for a month +. Walked into the Apple store and was told that they were sold out but had service reserve stock.

So far no issues with the S7E and I'm praying it stays that way.

Good luck!
    We do have some benefits to living in NJ.
    flintlock likes this.
    03-17-2016 07:51 AM
    You have no way of knowing whether the Verizon stores actually have S7's in stock or not. OTOH, we know, from experience, how deceptive the carrier store reps can be. Next time something like this happens, go into the store and act like you're interested in adding a new line with a new S7 for your wife, then see if they suddenly become your best buds and show you every color of S7 ever made. Then smile and tell them you're also there to do an exchange for your mis-behaving S7.
    03-17-2016 08:02 AM
    Mine just shipped today. I put the tracking in fedex thought no it says not found. How long till tis gets updated
    FedEx is usually pretty quick.

What color are you getting? Order date? I am sure people would like to know
    03-17-2016 08:09 AM
    That's a real horror story. Verizon can't get you a new Edge right away, they should have given you a loaner and swapped out that silver mess when the new one comes in.
    03-17-2016 08:26 AM
    Good for Apple lovers, but this guy is trying to switch to a better phone.
    03-17-2016 08:28 AM
    I'd have been happy with a loaner and it didn't need to be an S7 Edge....
    Uh if you have an iPhone that you plan on reactivating anyhow then what do you need a loaner for? Just have Verizon mail you a new S7 Edge when they come back in stock. It seems to me that you're looking more for an excuse to complain than a resolution to a curveball life threw you ...
    Monee_121 likes this.
    03-17-2016 10:20 AM
    No carriers will do loaner phones. That invites way too much hassle for them from actually getting the loaner back, to a loaner being returned damaged, and all that. Especially if you have a phone (your iPhone) you could use.
    T-Mobile offers loaner phones. You have to give them a $50.00 security deposit, which you get back when you return. I had one last month. If you want to keep the loaner you forefit the $50.
    libra89 and Nathan Innocent like this.
    03-17-2016 11:32 AM
    try a different Verizon Store before giving up, I have the iPhone and can't wait to come back to Android for the customization
    03-17-2016 01:56 PM
    I can't believe that's not the first thing Verizon and Samsung would have had you do... unbelievable...
    not to sounds arrogant but I walk into the Verizon stores knowing more than their employees. The guy was looking for a SIM card remover and I'm like, their is on in the box lmao.
    03-17-2016 02:03 PM
    FedEx is usually pretty quick.

What color are you getting? Order date? I am sure people would like to know
    Silver, ordered one the 6th
    03-17-2016 02:04 PM
    Apple CS can't be beat. If Samsung ever truly wants to compete with Apple they better improve on their customer service because it is a huge advantage in favor of Apple.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    03-17-2016 02:52 PM
    thanks brett1024 your reset advice worked for same issue on my s7
    03-17-2016 05:16 PM
    Uh, that issue is easily fixed. Just hold down both the power button and the volume down button until the screen goes black and then boots into a maintenance menu. Then just select Normal boot from the menu and when the phone is back up both buttons work again. No need to exchange the phone. It happened to me too.

I googled the issue and found an article about it:
    Troubleshooting: Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge volume and power buttons stop working - SamMobile
    03-17-2016 05:20 PM
    Apple CS is very bad if your a partner with them, they take for ever to answer you and even charge you $50 dollars per question when something they have changed breaks your game.
    03-17-2016 05:22 PM
    Sorry but that is incorrect. TMO does loaners. A few months back I had an issue with my G4, went to TMO store. I gave them my G4, they gave me a loaner(not a G4) I had to give them $50.00 for the loaner. My new G4 arrived in the maiI 48 hours later. returned my loaner phone to the TMO store and they refunded my $50.00......happy happy !!! The $50.00 is for in the event you do not return the loaner back to them.
    03-17-2016 08:18 PM
    The guy was looking for a SIM card remover and I'm like, their is on in the box lmao.
    I have two words for that guy -- "paper clip."
    03-18-2016 05:41 AM
    Brett1024, THANK YOU! Needless to say, that worked!!
    So what are you a Detroit fan or an Iowa fan? That's the real question here.
    03-18-2016 11:58 AM
    Once again, if they offered a loaner phone I wouldn't either. But, dismissive attitude from the store representative... He didn't even offer a number for Samsung support...
    While I think you did the right thing going back to the iPhone so that you could use the 14 day opt out, I do think your response with the Verizon store flunkie was perhaps insufficient. When confronted with poor customer service from a line employee, the better course of action is to ask to speak to their manager and ask for clarification if this is the store's normal reaction to a paying customer. Unfortunately, every organization has bad employees - sometimes even bad teams as a whole. There are bad managers as well. But stopping your interaction at the flunkie on the floor and painting Verizon and Samsung as bad companies overall? Well, you're limiting yourself. No customer should helplessly give up in the face of a rude floor representative.
    03-18-2016 12:02 PM
    No carriers will do loaner phones. That invites way too much hassle for them from actually getting the loaner back, to a loaner being returned damaged, and all that. Especially if you have a phone (your iPhone) you could use.
    This. I feel like the OP provides a bit of bias. Carriers don't care how much he would spend on a plan because there's others who spend more than him, he won't get the priority on it. He should of just waited.
    03-18-2016 02:18 PM
    To be fair, it's not Samsung's problem here, they would repair the phone under warranty, but what you needed was a swap with a new unit. This is ALL on Verizon here! They SHOULD have helped you at the store, no questions asked...ESPECIALLY since you were within your 14 day return window! Get a better cell service provider.
    03-18-2016 04:07 PM
    Get a Lumia 550, Hakuna Matata I'm out
    03-18-2016 08:11 PM
    To be fair, it's not Samsung's problem here, they would repair the phone under warranty, but what you needed was a swap with a new unit. This is ALL on Verizon here! They SHOULD have helped you at the store, no questions asked...ESPECIALLY since you were within your 14 day return window! Get a better cell service provider.
    The issue was that they didn't have a new unit to swap...
    03-18-2016 08:16 PM
    Get a Lumia 550, Hakuna Matata I'm out
    lol, that's like lighting your house on fire because you're annoyed about a leaking window. You CAN burn your house down, but you can also just fix the window...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-2016 08:17 PM
83 1234