BAD experience, I'm out....

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm not in rural Iowa, I'm in the Cedar Valley - but other than in Des Moines, all carriers seem to suck in this state. I've been with Verizon for years and have considered switching, but no one can come close to giving me unlimited data for as cheap with service that actually works everywhere.

I'm closers to the Omaha/council bluffs border but that's still an hr away!

Posted via the Android Central App

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
A couple things:

1. Apple will obviously only be able to exchange a phone if they have it in stock too. I have ran into issues not being able to exchange because of this when the iPhone 6+ came out.
  2. Nope, VZW doesn't care one bit about how much you spend with them monthly.
  3. Even if they did, they can't exchange your phone if they literally have none in stock. Not sure how your monthly expenditure with them would affect the inventory levels of a phone.

Apple always keeps reserve stock for defective replacements during new product launch. I've had issues in the past where the iPhone 6+ was backordered at launch and had mine swapped from their reserve service stock.

So far the 7E has worked flawless but the lack of manufacturer support definitely crossed my mind when considering the switch.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple always keeps reserve stock for defective replacements during new product launch. I've had issues in the past where the iPhone 6+ was backordered at launch and had mine swapped from their reserve service stock.

So far the 7E has worked flawless but the lack of manufacturer support definitely crossed my mind when considering the switch.
Maybe that's region dependent. I sure couldn't get one swapped when the 6 and 6+ launched.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Maybe that's region dependent. I sure couldn't get one swapped when the 6 and 6+ launched.

Perhaps, I live in central NJ and can throw a stone and hit 6 Apple stores. When my 6+ failed I freaked out because they were on backorder for a month +. Walked into the Apple store and was told that they were sold out but had service reserve stock.

So far no issues with the S7E and I'm praying it stays that way.

Good luck!

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen with my iPhone 6 Plus. Preordered the day it went on sale. Got it on time. It didn't work properly. Went to Verizon. None in stock. Called Apple. I could get it exchanged at the nearest Apple store. Unfortunately, that was 200 miles away. No thanks. had to wait 3 weeks for a replacement from Verizon.

I get a kick out of people who say they have X amount of lines, that somehow they are entitled to something.

I used to have over 18K lines and believe it or not my Verizon govt.business rep would literally drive me around the block if I asked.. but I digress and recall the one time I had one of my business users go into a retail store it was a disaster.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Perhaps, I live in central NJ and can throw a stone and hit 6 Apple stores. When my 6+ failed I freaked out because they were on backorder for a month +. Walked into the Apple store and was told that they were sold out but had service reserve stock.

Good luck!

Apple makes sure EVERYWHERE has a reserve stock, and that's the problem.

Where i live, they could get away with just having a few spares at Best Buy, because I live in the middle of nowhere. They send too many spares here and they sit and gather dust. That means somewhere that people actually live may not get as many as they need. While Central NJ should have enough replacement units on hand (and in your case they did) there's no guarantee.

I remember when the iPhone first went to Sprint, there were stock issues everywhere because people didn't check that service would be acceptable (compared to AT&T) and kept thinking they were having reception issues.

Apple does a really good job with supply, but they can't always be perfect.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I received my new S7 Edge on Tuesday the 8th. Moving from an iPhone 6s Plus. Love the phone. Feels great in your hand. Would have enjoyed sticking with it, but.... Last night when I got on my flight from Atlanta, I went to turn the phone off and found that the on/off button no longer worked. I then tried the volume up button, it works, but the volume down button doesn't. Haven't dropped it. In fact it's still pristine. I went online this morning with Verizon and was instructed to go a company store and exchange it. Over lunch I went to Verizon and was told that they don't have 'any' in stock and aren't expecting any until early next month. To be fair it's because I have the infamous Silver S7 Edge. I asked, what I was supposed to do in the meantime. Could I get a loaner? No, rather abruptly, I was told to call Samsung. I called Samsung and was on hold for 22 minutes and 35 seconds until a CS representative came on the line. I was told that I could send it in for repair. I replied that it's only 9 days old, I want it replaced. She said the only way to get a replacement is to see my service provider. Samsung will only repair. So, since I'm in my 14 day window and I haven't sold my iPhone yet, I'm returning it tomorrow and reactivating my 6S plus. Sorry, I tried to switch, but I'm quite sure that I would have gotten a more satisfactory response with Apple in a timely manner. Bad service from Verizon, worse from Samsung. I should also add that I have 4 cell phone lines, 3 iPad lines, home phone and jet pack from Verizon. Obviously they don't care about how much $$$ I spend with them monthly.
Umm I can promise you that if you had an iPhone instead of the s7 edge and they were sold out you also would have been in the same situation. I've owned many iPhone and have been through that myself. Don't blame Samsung or Verizon for the phone selling well.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Umm I can promise you that if you had an iPhone instead of the s7 edge and they were sold out you also would have been in the same situation. I've owned many iPhone and have been through that myself. Don't blame Samsung or Verizon for the phone selling well.

Every Apple store keeps a supply of sealed new in box phones that are off limits to sell except for extenuating circumstances. It would be very rare to walk into one and be told they couldn't do a swap for a defective phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Good luck!

We do have some benefits to living in NJ. ;)

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You have no way of knowing whether the Verizon stores actually have S7's in stock or not. OTOH, we know, from experience, how deceptive the carrier store reps can be. Next time something like this happens, go into the store and act like you're interested in adding a new line with a new S7 for your wife, then see if they suddenly become your best buds and show you every color of S7 ever made. Then smile and tell them you're also there to do an exchange for your mis-behaving S7.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
That's a real horror story. Verizon can't get you a new Edge right away, they should have given you a loaner and swapped out that silver mess when the new one comes in.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd have been happy with a loaner and it didn't need to be an S7 Edge....
Uh if you have an iPhone that you plan on reactivating anyhow then what do you need a loaner for? Just have Verizon mail you a new S7 Edge when they come back in stock. It seems to me that you're looking more for an excuse to complain than a resolution to a curveball life threw you ...

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No carriers will do loaner phones. That invites way too much hassle for them from actually getting the loaner back, to a loaner being returned damaged, and all that. Especially if you have a phone (your iPhone) you could use.

T-Mobile offers loaner phones. You have to give them a $50.00 security deposit, which you get back when you return. I had one last month. If you want to keep the loaner you forefit the $50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci