10-06-2016 01:34 PM
41 12
    Im having a similar issue. Only difference is, my phone will turn all notifications off with out me doing it..
    I have been late for school due to my alarm not going off as it has turned it on silent..
    Very frustrating.. this is my second s7 and now its doing the same thing
    04-14-2016 09:33 AM
    Latest OTA update fixed the issue. I hope it will not mess itself up again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2016 02:35 PM
    Very disappointed, Latest OTA created this mess on my phone.
    With every notification vibrates when on silent / do not disturb, throughout the night! Every 30 seconds!!
    04-29-2016 06:38 AM
    Is anyone here using the app called "Mute Scheduler"? The reason I ask is, I am using that app and I was wondering if it was the problem?
    05-13-2016 01:56 PM
    My issue is with the alarm on my S7 Edge. It will sound for a second and then mute. Doesn't matter whether I use the stock clock alarm or the Google clock alarm (I've tried others). When I set an alarm fresh, it will sometimes work but not reliably. I've tried a factory refresh. Seemed to help for awhile and then, same issue. Samsung's suggestion is to take it to a Samsung Experience in Best Buy and have them reflash the software. But since I live ten minutes from a walk-in service center, I'll try that. I rely on my phone's alarm for business travel and can't have this issue.
    05-16-2016 09:20 AM
    I have a BQ Aquarius X5, which I got a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be having a very similar problem. All sounds on it are off, so no noise should be made from it. However every application I've been using (youtube, games etc) has been playing the sounds full blast. Changing the volume on the phone has no effect. The difference is that I'm not getting the notification sounds, just the ones from apps and music.
    This phone, as I said, is only 2-3 weeks old, and has shown no trouble with this until this afternoon. The only out of the ordinary thing that has happened is that it completely froze the other day. I've had phones in the past- this is my first in over a year- and no problems like this have occurred.
    Any light on if and how you've solved this would be great!
    06-03-2016 04:26 PM
    My problem is related to notifications also but for me, at the moment, it's the opposite... The one thing that remains constant is that it's very unpredictable. I have the Galaxy S6 and my previous S4 was acting quite the same. Yesterday, since I had the time to experiment a little, I noticed that even though I was in Vibrate mode, my phone didn't vibrate when a txt came in. I noticed the incoming txt because my screen lit up. This happen a couple of times. The active app on my phone at the time was my TXT app. When I changed it to the main screen or a different app, my phone vibrated when a txt came in... I thought I had finally figured it out! Wrong!!! Later in the evening, I missed a call... still on vibrate, but I never noticed the notification. I was in the same room while the call would have come in. This morning, not wanting to be bothered by a txt message while trying to sleep, my phone was in the txt app but every txt that came in... it Vibrated!!! Change of behavior not a result of a change in settings since I didn't touch any settings... Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this mess.
    06-06-2016 09:50 AM
    Same issue here. Has enayone found a solution?
    06-08-2016 06:05 AM
    I have a solution:

I have a Note 5, but I imagine the problem/fix is similar for all: Somehow only the sound for notification got muted. To fix this, Go to Settings -> Sounds and Vibration -> Volume. You'll have different volume slide bars for Ringtone, Media, Notifications, and System. When I had this problem, my notification slide bar was all the way to the left.

Hope this helps.
    06-09-2016 08:38 PM
    The wife and I both traded in our phones for the S7 and S7 Edge for me. We are now both having an issue that if we are on silent or vibrate some (not all) notifications will still play sound. Restarting and turning the phone to silent and back to vibrate along with turning up the volume and back down has no effect.

I came from the LG V10 and her from the S6 and we didn't have that issue on our old devices so I don't know if its a S7 issue or Marshmallow issue as it affects both the s7 and Edge.
    The update sucks. I just had this same problem . When I turned my ringer to vibrate, all of my notifications would then turn off not alerting me about any text messages or emails. I took my phone to Verizon today and the girl who worked there informed me that under the message settings, you have to click the button that says "vibrate" to get the phone to vibrate for notifications. By checking that box, your notifications will vibrate if the phone is in vibration mode or ringer mode. There is no way to get around this. The volume bar still shows that it's inactive, but the Verizon lady sent me numerous text to prove that you can get it to vibrate notifications when you're in vibration mode with this feature set. The only part that's annoying is that I personally don't like my phone vibrating at all unless it's in vibration mode. Now it vibrates and rings when the volume is on, but at least it works!
    06-10-2016 09:40 PM
    I had the same problem after the last update on my phone S5, and after buying a new S7 it's still exist !!
    06-23-2016 05:46 AM
    What is everyone's Kernel Version? I do not have this issue on my phone, S7, I am on Kernel Version 3.18.20-7925126 (sprint), Android Version 6.0.1. My wife's phone however does have this problem, she is on the S6, Kernel Version 3.10.x (I don't have her phone in front of me). She is also on Android Version 6.0.1.

When I was looking into this issue last night for her, that was the only big difference I noticed between our phones and the settings.

I am wondering if this is a Kernel Version issue.
    06-27-2016 02:33 PM
    When you use the volume rocker there is a little mark on the corner. Touch that to bring up a couple more volume choices. One will be notifications. Slide it left.
    Thank you so much, that's exactly what I was looking for.
    07-08-2016 06:12 PM
    So my wife got a firmware update on her phone in the last few days, once the update was applied this issue was resolved. It does in-fact appear to be a firmware issue.
    07-28-2016 12:10 PM
    Can you tell me what version of firmware your wife upgraded to? I believe that I'm on the latest version and I'll still having issues with notification sounds not adhering to my settings.
    My settings:
    Model number SM-G93V
    USA - Verizon
    Kernel version 3.18.20
    Baseband version G935VVRS2APF2

I have the latest software update, according to my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...I'm not an Android (or software) Wizard, but I definitely know how to set my notification sounds....so that isn't the issue here.
    08-02-2016 12:31 PM
    So my wife got a firmware update on her phone in the last few days, once the update was applied this issue was resolved. It does in-fact appear to be a firmware issue.

Hi Adenn,

I just got a new S7 on Sept. 29 and it did a full firmware update. I had issues - including constantly having vibrate revert to sound. after 6 days i returned it for an exchange. The new one i got on Oct 5 also did a full firmware update - SAME issue with the sound!!

Software: G930PVPU2APH7
    Hardware: 0.6
    Kernel: 2.18.20-9053331

Is this what your wife had?
    10-06-2016 01:34 PM
41 12