Default video player in the gallery

Khud Gabbar

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings - Applications - Scroll down to Oculus Videos Which will be Purple colour icon - Click on it - Scroll down to Set as default - Click on that option and set as None set as default.

Next time when you try to open video it will ask option of apps click and choose app you want and click on always to set default to open each time.

Hope this helps

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine does not have Oculus and none of the video or photo apps are set as default. I can't seem to set MX player as the default.

nms43

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Direct from my S7:

Settings>applications>default applications>set as default>video player>Clear Defaults!

You may also wish to change this setting:
Settings>applications>default applications>default app Selection>Ask Before Setting Default Apps

brohan

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Direct from my S7:

Settings>applications>default applications>set as default>video player>Clear Defaults!

You may also wish to change this setting:
Settings>applications>default applications>default app Selection>Ask Before Setting Default Apps

I follow those steps, however, the video player says not set as a default.

Zouzou Abi Jaoude

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Settings >> applications >> 3 dots (menu) >> default applications.
Now there's a menu "default app selection" it should be on "set default apps automatically" .
Change it to "ask before setting default app".
Clear the default apps and the next time you play a video you will be asked if you want to set the app as default.

S7 edge android 7.0

Henry Chirume

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
It's easy. Just download any video launcher app. Go to your gallery, choose your video and Samsung will ask you to choose which launcher you want. But anyhow I'm going back to iPhone too much fluffing about with android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair