So, my first Android experience has not been a good one. After pre-ordering a silver S7 Edge on 2/29, and finally receiving it last Friday the 11th, I tried listening to my first YouTube video on Saturday when I immediately heard crackling and popping sounds coming from the speaker. I tried adjusting the bass and treble, and even went to a Verizon store. Three people including the store manager confirmed the speaker was blown. So, since the silver was back ordered, I had to settle for black. Since then, the black phone lags and is very glitchy. I assume this is the nature of Android, but frustrating nonetheless. I love the form factor, and the hardware is no doubt impressive. However, I would have thought Android would be more polished and less sluggish than what I am experiencing. I have only added 3 apps since new, and have notifications turned off along with clearing all background apps, but........ Admittedly, I am not loyal to any brand, but iOS is polished and if the S7 had iOS, it would be the perfect phone. Since it doesn't, I am struggling to keep this phone and am considering returning to Apple. I had high hopes. No, I am not an Apple fanboy, but miss the responsive and fluid iOS. I really want to like the S7.
    03-16-2016 07:31 PM
    There seems to be something wrong with your phone. Because the vast majority of people don't have lag and very glitchy phone.
    Brett1024 and Tatt2014 like this.
    03-16-2016 07:46 PM
    There seems to be something wrong with your phone. Because the vast majority of people don't have lag and very glitchy phone.
    It could be. I am not paranoid nor am I making this up. Granted, I'm used to iOS and have never owned an Android device, so maybe my expectations are unrealistic. I guess I am frustrated that my new silver S7 edge was bad out of the box (yes I realize any phone can be bad), and now the black one is sluggish. It's just disappointing.
    03-16-2016 07:54 PM
    I don't doubt that you had a bad experience on it, it unfortunately happens. I had a problem with my iPhone 6s Plus kicking ACTIVE APPS out of memory very frequently. But I am sure that my experience is a minority situation.
    03-16-2016 07:58 PM
    So, my first Android experience has not been a good one. After pre-ordering a silver S7 Edge on 2/29, and finally receiving it last Friday the 11th, I tried listening to my first YouTube video on Saturday when I immediately heard crackling and popping sounds coming from the speaker. I tried adjusting the bass and treble, and even went to a Verizon store. Three people including the store manager confirmed the speaker was blown. So, since the silver was back ordered, I had to settle for black. Since then, the black phone lags and is very glitchy. I assume this is the nature of Android, but frustrating nonetheless. I love the form factor, and the hardware is no doubt impressive. However, I would have thought Android would be more polished and less sluggish than what I am experiencing. I have only added 3 apps since new, and have notifications turned off along with clearing all background apps, but........ Admittedly, I am not loyal to any brand, but iOS is polished and if the S7 had iOS, it would be the perfect phone. Since it doesn't, I am struggling to keep this phone and am considering returning to Apple. I had high hopes. No, I am not an Apple fanboy, but miss the responsive and fluid iOS. I really want to like the S7.
    Why are you blowing on your speaker? Less blowing and I bet you will be good to go.
    03-16-2016 08:07 PM
    I don't doubt that you had a bad experience on it, it unfortunately happens. I had a problem with my iPhone 6s Plus kicking ACTIVE APPS out of memory very frequently. But I am sure that my experience is a minority situation.
    Of course, anything man made and imperfect can and will have issues. Again, the form factor of the S7 Edge and hardware are awesome. I just wish the internals were iOS. Of course, I am a life long iOS user, and Android is new to me so I expected a learning curve....I just didn't expect an operating system or UI that seems 2005. The user experience is more important to me than what a phone looks like. I want a phone to simply work when I ask it to, and so far, the S7 struggles at times. I don't think it's the phones fault, rather than Samsung having bloatware and not having it's own UI and OS like Apple which is why the iPhone works seamlessly. Maybe the Note 6 will be better? For now, IMHO, the S7 is a fail as the user experience is very frustrating.
    03-16-2016 08:15 PM
    Why are you blowing on your speaker? Less blowing and I bet you will be good to go.
    It's the only way I can get the phone to work
    03-16-2016 08:16 PM
    Of course, anything man made and imperfect can and will have issues. Again, the form factor of the S7 Edge and hardware are awesome. I just wish the internals were iOS. Of course, I am a life long iOS user, and Android is new to me so I expected a learning curve....I just didn't expect an operating system or UI that seems 2005. The user experience is more important to me than what a phone looks like. I want a phone to simply work when I ask it to, and so far, the S7 struggles at times. I don't think it's the phones fault, rather than Samsung having bloatware and not having it's own UI and OS like Apple which is why the iPhone works seamlessly. Maybe the Note 6 will be better? For now, IMHO, the S7 is a fail as the user experience is very frustrating.
    Personally I think you need a solid month with Android to really get used to doing things a different way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-16-2016 08:28 PM
    I did some serious playing around with the Edge in a Verizon store today and I gotta say the phone is blindingly fast.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-16-2016 08:30 PM