After restaring my s7 edge, all the apps that i had transferred to the sd card wont load.

A

AC Question

Ive been having network problems with our service provider so i restarted my phone to try and get reception.
All my music, videos etc are accessible from the sd card, but the apps are totally gone from my apps menu. And on my home screens the shortcuts are ghosted out. Ive had sd card problems with a brand new 128gb card, with this s7 from the start. So ive gone back to a 32gb for now that i have used in my s5 galaxy for the last 2 years.
This is the first time ive had this problem of my apps dissappearing though. Can i restore my old apps without downloading again?? And how can i make sure it doesnt happen again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing can happen if the card is removed or improperly unmounts. Go to the App Manager and select one of those apps. Does it give you a Move to Phone Storage option?

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and the same thing happened to me. It took a few minutes (way too long in my opinion) but eventually the apps installed on the SD card reappeared. Seems a bit flaky to me so I moved them back to internal storage.

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, so I moved all the apps back to internal storage. I'm not sure what to do with my 200gb micro sd card now.

Tristan Dimzon

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 brand new. I have an issue with mine as well. I store some of my apps to my SD and my pics aswell, often times my SD card cant be detected by my phone but sometimes it is. randomly and intermettently my apps and pics stored in my SD will go missing then reappear after awhile. I thought it was SD card issue so i put the sd card on another phone and tried it for a day no issues whatsoever, so I thought it was the phone, like a loose slot or tray for the SD. I had the phone exchanged, but I have the same issue again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze