01-19-2017 06:15 PM
171 1234 ...
tools
    Wait....there's a piece of plastic covering the home button? Underneath the large piece of plastic that covered the whole front of the phone? I tried picking at the button to see if I could peel another layer of plastic off, and got scared thinking I was going to chip or ruin the button.

Can everybody confirm the small piece of plastic exists? I swear I don't notice one there!
    We purchased 2 S7 edges from Best Buy, one black, one silver. The Silver one had the home button covered by the same clear plastic that cover the whole face of the phone. The black one had a separate little clear cover on the home button and there was a cutout around the home button in the full front cover plastic. After exchanging the black one for another silver, the second silver had the full front cover like the first silver.

So, some S7 edges did have a separate clear home button cover on them.
    03-27-2016 08:30 AM
    Wait....there's a piece of plastic covering the home button? Underneath the large piece of plastic that covered the whole front of the phone? I tried picking at the button to see if I could peel another layer of plastic off, and got scared thinking I was going to chip or ruin the button.

Can everybody confirm the small piece of plastic exists? I swear I don't notice one there!
    There wasn't one on my Edge or regular S7. Both onyx black.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2016 11:01 AM
    Got our phones 7 days ago and today my wife tells me her home button is peeling. It is the silver titanium version.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Yup. This has been an issue for me with the S6 line up. My gold S6 home button got nasty in the end. And I've seen so many used S6 phones with worn out home buttons. The built quality of the buttons have been one of my major concerns with Samsung devices. And I thought they recessed the button deliberately so that the situation gets improved.

But I guess it didn't. The glass/plastic used on the button is of a very low quality. And the chrome surrounding it is even worse.

03-27-2016 12:04 PM
    Yup. This has been an issue for me with the S6 line up. My gold S6 home button got nasty in the end. And I've seen so many used S6 phones with worn out home buttons. The built quality of the buttons have been one of my major concerns with Samsung devices. And I thought they recessed the button deliberately so that the situation gets improved.

But I guess it didn't. The glass/plastic used on the button is of a very low quality. And the chrome surrounding it is even worse.

I just searched Google for S6 home button peeling and I can't find any pictures of this happening.

Even my one year old Note 4/Note Edge phones which have the same basic home button are exactly the same as the day I bought them.
    jessm1378 and ToddK like this.
    03-27-2016 12:14 PM
    I just searched Google for S6 home button peeling and I can't find any pictures of this happening.

Even my one year old Note 4/Note Edge phones which have the same basic home button are exactly the same as the day I bought them.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comm...print_scanner/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ality-t3055975

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-talk-t3081383

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...me-button.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ed-easily.html

03-27-2016 02:28 PM

It's not that kind of peeling which you're thinking. It's the color that's getting peeled off. And that happens after a little wear and tear.

Just a little.

03-27-2016 02:31 PM
    I remember seeing the little hairline scratches on my S6's home button but never "peeling." maybe I need to look up the definition of "Peeling" again because I haven't seen anything related to the issue of this thread. No one is posting pics either. The OP works for Apple and is bashing the S7 edge so people can buy iPhone. Ain't happening bruh! Droid life
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-27-2016 04:20 PM
    I would like to see pictures. If nothing else it gives others photos to compare by.
    03-27-2016 04:41 PM
    I have what appears to be a light scratch on my silver s7e that I can't "fix". Not sure if I'd call it peeling tho.
    03-27-2016 04:46 PM
    Yes, many of those pictures there are clearly scratches. The three people each with one post count in this thread who claimed that their home button is peeling haven't been back since they posted their post in this thread.
    omgabunny likes this.
    03-27-2016 05:24 PM
    You can see in this video how easy it is to scratch up the home button. It was fine when he started disassembly but scratched to death later in the video from rubbing around on the table.

03-28-2016 06:29 PM
    Unfortunately I'm having a problem with the paint on my s7 edge homebutton too. See left edge of the homebutton. The paint is chipping. Contacted my carrier in Germany today and hope they'll replace it. Unfortunately it's 15 days old now, so that I can't simply send it back anymore.

But I hope that it'll be a simple process since in real life it's easy to tell that the paint is coming loose so there has been no physical impact from a key in my pocket or anything.

04-07-2016 01:04 PM

You must have had a bad specimen.

This Note 5 has been in use for 5 months, theres another S6 Edge Plus in my family line rotation for 4 months. 0 scratches on the home button. Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-2016-04-07-19.04.44.jpg

Not saying it can't happen, QC at Samsung can be **** poor, especially for home buttons and displays.
    04-07-2016 06:07 PM
    You can see in this video how easy it is to scratch up the home button. It was fine when he started disassembly but scratched to death later in the video from rubbing around on the table.

I highly doubt this is "paint". There's a glass layer above the home button, so damage would make sense if the glass itself is chipped or damaged.

If Samsung bothered to use Sapphire like Apple does with TouchID, there wouldn't be this problem. Ever.
    04-07-2016 06:12 PM
    You must have had a bad specimen.

This Note 5 has been in use for 5 months, theres another S6 Edge Plus in my family line rotation for 4 months. 0 scratches on the home button. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-07 19.04.44.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	223841

Not saying it can't happen, QC at Samsung can be **** poor, especially for home buttons and displays.
    I went ahead and compared the note 5 button with the s6 and the s7. In the shop. As I don't have all three with me here at home.

From the brief time I spent there. It looked pretty obvious that all of them looked different.

I'm sorry I'd ask everyone to confirm that for me. But they did look different.

The s6 button gave a different shade of gold than the phone itself. The button didn't have the same finish as the phone.

The note 5 finish looked exactly the same finish as the phone. Like previously found in the note 4.

And the S7 button looked exactly the same too but with a different texture than glass.

Again. Please confirm if you have all these phones.

04-08-2016 02:38 AM

And yet you, like everyone else who has made this complaint, refuses to post a picture of it. Weird.

04-08-2016 03:23 AM
    And yet you, like everyone else who has made this complaint, refuses to post a picture of it. Weird.

Ummmmm.. Yes we have? Look above?

04-08-2016 04:54 AM
    I went ahead and compared the note 5 button with the s6 and the s7. In the shop. As I don't have all three with me here at home.

From the brief time I spent there. It looked pretty obvious that all of them looked different.

I'm sorry I'd ask everyone to confirm that for me. But they did look different.

The s6 button gave a different shade of gold than the phone itself. The button didn't have the same finish as the phone.

The note 5 finish looked exactly the same finish as the phone. Like previously found in the note 4.

And the S7 button looked exactly the same too but with a different texture than glass.

Again. Please confirm if you have all these phones.

Both my S6 Edge Plus and Note 5 are Sapphire black and their home buttons look identical (flawless) to the rest of the phone. I can take pics of the S6 Edge plus when I see it (in use by family).

The S7 Edge I have (silver) has the same look as the rest of the phone, but it feels like glass or plastic. It certainly isn't just paint.
    04-08-2016 05:20 AM
    Unfortunately I'm having a problem with the paint on my s7 edge homebutton too. See left edge of the homebutton. The paint is chipping. Contacted my carrier in Germany today and hope they'll replace it. Unfortunately it's 15 days old now, so that I can't simply send it back anymore.

But I hope that it'll be a simple process since in real life it's easy to tell that the paint is coming loose so there has been no physical impact from a key in my pocket or anything.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9fab160ffa.jpg
    That looks like physical damage and chipping to the button itself, not the button's paint or glass layer falling off.
    04-08-2016 05:22 AM
    @jinzen: Trust me, the paint is chipping. There is nothing else above it, no glass or plastic layer. Since I take care of all of my phones, it has never had contact with a key or somethings like that. It's hard to tell from the picture since tapatalk reduced the quality but in real life you can see that the paint is loosening on the left edge of the button. Like air bubbles underneath. My provider told me to ship the phone to them for repair which I'll do asap

PS: sorry if I misunderstood your post. Not sure if you're trying to say that it's my fault or not.
    04-08-2016 11:44 AM
    04-08-2016 01:11 PM
    Here is my home button.
    Had the phone 5 days when I noticed a what I thought a bit of goo stuck to my home button in the middle, turned out to be a bubble and it just keeps getting worse.

Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-image.jpg
    04-08-2016 03:45 PM
    Here is my home button.
    Had the phone 5 days when I noticed a what I thought a bit of goo stuck to my home button in the middle, turned out to be a bubble and it just keeps getting worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	223941
    Man you better return that :O that's unreasonable from Samsung!

04-08-2016 04:15 PM
    Here is my home button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	223941
    Sorry, but that looks like it's taken a battering to me...
    04-08-2016 04:21 PM
    Absolutely not.
    What looks like rubbing in the middle was purely my finger trying to rub what I initially thought to be dirt on the button, nothing more than that.
    04-08-2016 06:09 PM
171 1234 ...