01-19-2017 06:15 PM
171 12345 ...
tools
    My gold one has started this, a small bit at the top of the home button. Not noticeable at the moment but will see how it plays out
    04-09-2016 12:23 PM

Another shot of my home button. If tapatalk doesn't compress the image quality too much, everyone should be able to see the paint peeling off and chipping on the left edge of the button.
    04-09-2016 12:55 PM
    Better start looking for some clear home button protectors soon.
    04-09-2016 12:57 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9b7bf02268.jpg
    Another shot of my home button. If tapatalk doesn't compress the image quality too much, everyone should be able to see the paint peeling off and chipping on the left edge of the button.
    This is really unacceptable from Sammy boy. Disappointed. These kinds of things in the Android world put people off and direct them towards buying iphones. Anyways. I hope you find a solution for this man. Don't try putting any wraps on this as you'll peel it further when taking it off the day you decide you want to.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2016 02:01 PM
    Actually yes I am kind of disappointed. I came from an iPhone 6s (after owning the 5s and 4s, all smartphones I ever had were iPhones). Why can't Samsung make the home button from colored (not painted) PVC or glass like apple? Paint is likely to get scratched or peeled off... But in general I am really happy with the Galaxy S7. The display is awesome, the screen to body ratio is great, coming from an iPhone. The battery life was more than sufficient. Camera takes better pics than my iPhone did. The edge model in gold looks really beautiful. Customization is a big plus! I enjoy the S7 edge. This incident is really annoying but I'll love my phone anyway, it's an otherwise perfect smartphone for me

I sent the phone back today so that that my carrier can take a look and repair/replace the home button. Unfortunately I had the phone a little longer than 2 weeks when I noticed the problem so that I wasn't able to send it back and order a new one anymore.
    Hope I'll have a good button afterwards and have the phone back soon. My iPhone 6s (4,7" screen) feels so tiny now
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:08 PM
    Actually yes I am kind of disappointed. I came from an iPhone 6s (after owning the 5s and 4s, all smartphones I ever had were iPhones). Why can't Samsung make the home button from colored (not painted) PVC or glass like apple? Paint is likely to get scratched or peeled off... But in general I am really happy with the Galaxy S7. The display is awesome, the screen to body ratio is great, coming from an iPhone. The battery life was more than sufficient. Camera takes better pics than my iPhone did. The edge model in gold looks really beautiful. Customization is a big plus! I enjoy the S7 edge. This incident is really annoying but I'll love my phone anyway, it's an otherwise perfect smartphone for me

I sent the phone back today so that that my carrier can take a look and repair/replace the home button. Unfortunately I had the phone a little longer than 2 weeks when I noticed the problem so that I wasn't able to send it back and order a new one anymore.
    Hope I'll have a good button afterwards and have the phone back soon. My iPhone 6s (4,7" screen) feels so tiny now
    I'm glad you sent it away and I hope you get it back in a perfect condition. Yes I guess there will never be such thing as a perfect phone.

04-09-2016 03:13 PM
    Are you sure its not plastic cover?
    04-09-2016 03:37 PM
    I'm glad you sent it away and I hope you get it back in a perfect condition. Yes I guess there will never be such thing as a perfect phone.
    Thanks! I'll let you all know how the repair turned out once I got the phone back again.

@TMavC5:
    Look at my pics in this thread. It seems like there is a layer of paint on top of what may be a plastic layer that protects the fingerprint reader itself. But there is obviously nothing on top of that layer of paint which is peeling on some phones of users in this thread
    04-09-2016 04:25 PM
    Having a black S7(non-edge). I too have this issue(PIC ATTACHED). Much less noticeable in the black color. Will it be worse overtime?
    Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-home-button-crack.jpg
    04-10-2016 01:32 PM
    Will it be worse overtime?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	home button crack.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	224100
    I don't know. I guess nobody does. But do you want to risk it? I'd send it back and have the phone exchanged or repaired. There's definitely a manufacturer fault that I personally can't accept because maybe it will effect the fingerprint reader at some point in the future.
    04-11-2016 01:53 AM
    I don't know. I guess nobody does. But do you want to risk it? I'd send it back and have the phone exchanged or repaired. There's definitely a manufacturer fault that I personally can't accept because maybe it will effect the fingerprint reader at some point in the future.
    It was during the exam time I bought this device. Moreover with the excitement I didn't notice this issue within the replacement period. Also it kinda feels weird for me to ask for a replacement on this silly issue(according to seller) since they may ask 'what if this damage happened after you unboxed?'. I'm pretty sure this was not caused by me. Such an impact on the glass could be only due to a drop which I didn't do.
    04-11-2016 03:42 AM
    It's up to you but I talked to my carrier and they said I should send it to them so that they can repair it. Unfortunately I only noticed the issue 2 days after the replacement period so I can't have it exchanged either.
    If I were you, I would talk to the seller and explain the problem and that you think it could peel off more and more in the future and that you are afraid that at some point the fingerprint reader might not work anymore.
    I also don't think that neither you nor I are to blame for our home buttons peeling off. To me it looks like there is a manufacturer fault. At least I don't know what I should've done to make the paint peel like that.
    04-11-2016 04:34 AM
    It's up to you but I talked to my carrier and they said I should send it to them so that they can repair it. Unfortunately I only noticed the issue 2 days after the replacement period so I can't have it exchanged either.
    If I were you, I would talk to the seller and explain the problem and that you think it could peel off more and more in the future and that you are afraid that at some point the fingerprint reader might not work anymore.
    I also don't think that neither you nor I are to blame for our home buttons peeling off. To me it looks like there is a manufacturer fault. At least I don't know what I should've done to make the paint peel like that.
    I'm in a confusion whether to go and get it repaired by Samsung or not. Because once I approached Samsung's approved service centre (@ 2014) when my Galaxy S3 had a minor hardware issue (for the reason I quoted in one of my post) after replacement period. A person I closely know there (one of the repair guy) advised not to better give it for repair for this silly issue to any Samsung service centers and to better cover it with a case/cover since they were kind of bad at servicing and that they might mess up something else. So I'm kind of in a confusion in the case of my GS7's home button issue. What do you guys say? Should I go for warranty repair?
    kaienish likes this.
    04-14-2016 03:19 AM
    I'm in a confusion whether to go and get it repaired by Samsung or not. Because once I approached Samsung's approved service centre (@ 2014) when my Galaxy S3 had a minor hardware issue (for the reason I quoted in one of my post) after replacement period. A person I closely know there (one of the repair guy) advised not to better give it for repair for this silly issue to any Samsung service centers and to better cover it with a case/cover since they were kind of bad at servicing and that they might mess up something else. So I'm kind of in a confusion in the case of my GS7's home button issue. What do you guys say? Should I go for warranty repair?
    If you can live with it, don't. For one reason only. Waterproofing. This phone is manufactured extremely precisely. And though I'm sure they'll tell you that you won't lose that feature after its opened up, you won't ever be able to put it in water confidently.

When I got my Xperia Z3 repaired, they told me that I will lose the feature. And I did. They were honest about it.

So, if you can live with it. You shouldn't send it.

And if you don't care about Waterproofing and it's really bothering you then you should of course.

And if they say you won't lose the feature and you trust them and it is bothering you then yes of course.

04-14-2016 04:31 AM
    Another one.

Attached Thumbnails Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-1974.jpg  
    04-14-2016 06:07 AM
    @Rizwan Basir:
    Thanks for the example but it looks like scratches, not the paint peeling.

@Sheryl John:
    My S7 edge has been repaired and is on its way back to me. Should receive it tomorrow. My carrier made me send it to a third party repair service, partner of the carrier as well as Samsung (called w-support.com in case you're interested). They repaired it free of charge because of warranty. I asked if it'll be waterproof afterwards and they said yes of course. Otherwise my phone wouldn't pass the check before being sent back to me. They also sent me a pdf file of the final check. I trust them that it'll still be waterproof since w-support is a trusted partner of Samsung. But just like before the repair I won't check the waterproofing on purpose. If it happens, it happens.
    Will keep you posted how the repair turned out and if everything is okay once I receive it
    04-14-2016 06:34 AM
    I'm in a confusion whether to go and get it repaired by Samsung or not. Because once when I approached Samsung's approved service centre (@ 2014) when my Galaxy S3 had a minor hardware issue (for the reason I quoted in one of my post) after replacement period. A person I closely know there (one of the repair guys) advised not to better give it for repair for this silly issue to any Samsung service centers and to better cover it with a case/cover since they were kind of bad at repairing and that they might mess up something else. So I'm kind of in a confusion in the case of my GS7's home button issue. What do you guys say? Should I go for warranty repair?
    04-14-2016 07:33 AM
    @Rizwan Basir:
    Thanks for the example but it looks like scratches, not the paint peeling.

@Sheryl John:
    My S7 edge has been repaired and is on its way back to me. Should receive it tomorrow. My carrier made me send it to a third party repair service, partner of the carrier as well as Samsung (called w-support.com in case you're interested). They repaired it free of charge because of warranty. I asked if it'll be waterproof afterwards and they said yes of course. Otherwise my phone wouldn't pass the check before being sent back to me. They also sent me a pdf file of the final check. I trust them that it'll still be waterproof since w-support is a trusted partner of Samsung. But just like before the repair I won't check the waterproofing on purpose. If it happens, it happens.
    Will keep you posted how the repair turned out and if everything is okay once I receive it
    Received it? Also see my last post.
    04-14-2016 08:56 AM
    @Sheryl John:
    No, not yet. Should be here tomorrow (Friday).
    Regarding your last post read my last post. Maybe it takes away some of your fear. I would send it back for a repair.
    04-14-2016 10:04 AM
    My advice, if your phone has a fault, send it back for repair. Why wouldn't you? Repairs are normally covered by warranty anyway.
    04-14-2016 03:28 PM
    My advice, if your phone has a fault, send it back for repair. Why wouldn't you? Repairs are normally covered by warranty anyway.
    No. Physical damages are not covered in warranty. Since it's manufacturing defect I have to convince them that. That's the tough job.
    04-14-2016 07:51 PM
    I do not have any issues with the paint on my home button. I do have issues with it not reading my finger print half the time.

♡~☆~♡
    04-14-2016 08:24 PM
    Received my S7 edge yesterday. To my surprise it looks like I got a whole new device! I had two very small scratches on the aluminum frame that I can no longer find. Of course the homebutton is okay now, too.
    So from my side: I would definitely recommend anyone with this problem to send the phone back for a repair! (Based on my experience. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know)
    04-16-2016 02:34 AM
    No. Physical damages are not covered in warranty. Since it's manufacturing defect I have to convince them that. That's the tough job.
    I meant that the work done during repair would be covered by warranty, as an argument for not leaving it and potentially getting worse.

In this case I wish you good luck in getting your phone fixed.
    04-16-2016 03:31 AM
    Received my S7 edge yesterday. To my surprise it looks like I got a whole new device! I had two very small scratches on the aluminum frame that I can no longer find. Of course the homebutton is okay now, too.
    So from my side: I would definitely recommend anyone with this problem to send the phone back for a repair! (Based on my experience. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know)
    Got the device after repair all good now. I reset the device yesterday before repair. Now I reset the device again for Google to ask to install all the apps that were installed before the first reset during the setup process. But it didn't even list S7's backup
    PaWe and Alanhd like this.
    04-16-2016 07:02 AM
171 12345 ...