01-19-2017 06:15 PM
171 ... 34567
tools
    Same problem here
    Hope that they repaired it under warranty
    Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-13288757_1159529944103935_1518564483_o.jpg
    BasRap likes this.
    05-28-2016 06:28 AM
    Mine has scratches on it but no paint peeling. Still kinda sucks though. I had my iPhone 6 plus for a year and a half and the home button is still pristine and my girlfriends had her s5 for over a year and her home button looks better than mine even though hers flops around in her purse.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2016 08:53 AM
    I think you guys all got a bad batch. Mine is still pristine after a month.

*knock on wood
    05-28-2016 09:48 AM
    I had to exchange my S7 edge twice because of the home button peeling before I found one that had a perfect home button.
    05-28-2016 05:43 PM
    Got our phones 7 days ago and today my wife tells me her home button is peeling. It is the silver titanium version.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Same , i thought i might've stained in with something but i cleaned it and no , its still peeled ;-; (galaxy s7 gold )
    05-30-2016 01:28 PM
    Same , i thought i might've stained in with something but i cleaned it and no , its still peeled ;-; (galaxy s7 gold )
    Yep! My S7 Edge silver edition has a tiny bit of peeled paint on it... my minor OCD is going crazy
    05-31-2016 04:51 PM
    Hello there.I have a 3 months gold platinum s6 edge plus and i have the exact same problem!!My home button its kind of pilling of in the edges.It drives me crazy because i have the phone only 3 months so it cant be an effect from using the home button a lot....its the quality build of the home button so bad or what??And its obvious that we have to live with that because i cant imagine any possible solution here!!!
    06-15-2016 10:05 PM
    That's crazy because I've had mine since March 21st and my home button still looks brand new, no scratches or peeling (*knocks on wood* hopefully it stays that way). I don't know what could be causing it. I work with phones at my job and I've seen S6/Edge and the home buttons always looked horribly scratched and I fail to comprehend how such a thing is possible - the scratches looked like someone took a screw or a nail and ran it all over the home button a few times.
    Kristian Nikolov likes this.
    06-19-2016 12:20 PM
    Have only had my S7 for a month and already the paint on my home button is peeling off!! I have the gold one. Pisses me off to no end!! Calling Samsung first thing in the morning. Just don't know if I can live without my phone long enough for them to repair the thing!
    06-24-2016 04:35 PM
    That's crazy because I've had mine since March 21st and my home button still looks brand new, no scratches or peeling (*knocks on wood* hopefully it stays that way). I don't know what could be causing it. I work with phones at my job and I've seen S6/Edge and the home buttons always looked horribly scratched and I fail to comprehend how such a thing is possible - the scratches looked like someone took a screw or a nail and ran it all over the home button a few times.
    I don't know either. I keep my phones as nice as possible, and my S6 edge home button looked bad. Looked like I sanded it with fine sandpaper. The rest of the phone was flawless.
    I've had my S7 edge since the beginning of April, so far it's still perfect.
    06-25-2016 06:59 AM
    I've had mines for months and no issue at all. Still looks brand new yay
    joe1blue likes this.
    06-25-2016 07:53 AM
    Same problem here
    Hope that they repaired it under warranty
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13288757_1159529944103935_1518564483_o.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	228770
    That's exactly what's happening to my Titanium S7 but at the top which is about a month old.....I have a Black S7 Edge which I got on release day and it's perfect.
    06-30-2016 04:19 PM
    Hi.. mine also peeling off .. bought it on 15 may and just a week home button already peeling off.. 😣 tot it was dirt.

Attached Thumbnails Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-2023.jpg  
    07-05-2016 08:08 PM
    Maybe some of you have really sweaty thumbs and the chemicals in your sweat is causing the peeling.
    07-05-2016 08:31 PM
    That might actually be a reason. The aluminum of my old iPhone 5s chipped on the edges where my hand touched the phone. Same for my MacBook, where the aluminum chipped where I rest the palm of my hand. However all that took some months or years. The homebutton on my S7 edge chipped within a week. While the homebutton on the new, exchanged phone is still perfect after 3 months.
    07-06-2016 04:25 PM
    I had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago and the new one is starting to go very slightly again now.
    I'll let it go a bit further and take it up with Samsung, there's obviously an issue
    07-15-2016 04:28 PM
    I had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago and the new one is starting to go very slightly again now.
    I'll let it go a bit further and take it up with Samsung, there's obviously an issue
    Hi, so did you return the phone to Samsung? I have a little peel off on my phone and I'm not sure what to do with that. It's barely noticeable.
    I'm wondering what will Samsung say about it. They might say it's my fault it's peeling off.
    07-21-2016 09:39 PM
    I returned the first one to Carphone Warehouse and sold the second one at a bit of a loss as it was hardly noticeable.
    Samsung advised me to take it to one of their service centre's or experience stores.
    I'm not sure they can argue that there's not an issue as a quick Google seems to indicate there is
    07-22-2016 02:25 PM
    So you said goodbye to Samsung? Right now I'm exchanging emails with Amazon reseller who sold me the phone and I'll probably return it or change it for the new one. Hopefully everything works fine.
    07-23-2016 11:46 AM
    There was no small piece of plastic on mine. I would not try to pick at the home button.

07-25-2016 11:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

Well...the paint from my s7 edge is f****** peeling.
    Reason: I bought a ZAAG screen protector today and for some reason the ZAAG engineers decided to put adhesive on the spot where the home button is and when you install the screen protector you have to stick it on the bottom of the phone first for guidance, all good till the last step when I`ve removed the top protective film of the screen protector, and guess what, the f****** thing peeled a chunk of paint from the home button while I`ve removed it.......

I love Samsung products but for the amount of money they charge for a unit like this they can at least use some f****** good quality stuff, and why the heck is paint on the home button, it should be glass or something better than PAINT.

Should I blame the poor quality of the home button or should I blame the ZAAG screen protector.......?

Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?-explained.jpg
    08-05-2016 04:35 PM
    Well here is mine...have had galaxy phones for 4+ years now and never ever had any issue with the home buttons. Now I pay $700 for the best phone on the market and my home button looks like crap! Never dropped my phone and never put it inside anywhere with keys or anything that would harm it.

I emailed Samsung so let's see what happens

08-16-2016 09:07 AM
    I went to the gym and put the Samsung headphones in the same pocket as my phone and found a scratch line on the home button

Gold S7 Edge.
    08-16-2016 09:27 AM
    Well here is mine...have had galaxy phones for 4+ years now and never ever had any issue with the home buttons. Now I pay $700 for the best phone on the market and my home button looks like crap! Never dropped my phone and never put it inside anywhere with keys or anything that would harm it.

I emailed Samsung so let's see what happens

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2e958502f8.jpg
    Exact same thing just happened to mine. Samsung said I would have to send it away for them to analyze it and if it was physical damage and not an issue with manufacturer defect that they would quote me a repair price and if I refused it they would charge me $30 for the analysis. I would also be without a phone.. They also couldn't provide me with a timeline for the repair. I'm thinking of just keeping it because of course they will blame me for it...but that damn black scrape on my Titanium Silver phone... Grrrrr!
    08-18-2016 07:27 PM
    Exact same thing just happened to mine. Samsung said I would have to send it away for them to analyze it and if it was physical damage and not an issue with manufacturer defect that they would quote me a repair price and if I refused it they would charge me $30 for the analysis. I would also be without a phone.. They also couldn't provide me with a timeline for the repair. I'm thinking of just keeping it because of course they will blame me for it...but that damn black scrape on my Titanium Silver phone... Grrrrr!
    AT&T told me I could go through them and they send my phone out to Samsung and give me a loaner. I might go that route.

By the looks of mine it is physical damage, that I was totally unaware of. I never dropped my phone. My thing that I think we can complain about is that we can protect our phone with a case, we can protect our screen with a protector... BUT how do u protect a raised home button? I've had the s3, s4, s5, s6 and not the s7e and I've never had my home button chip or scrap. You can't put a protector on the home button bc then u can't use the fingerprint scanner. It's not fair because I take extremely good care of my phone
    08-18-2016 07:31 PM
171 ... 34567