01-19-2017 06:15 PM
171 ... 567
tools
    Okay so I have a story to tell. This past Saturday I went to an AT&T store to exchange my sister's Note 7 for the s7 edge and I had them put a screen protector on. I really liked the application and decided to have them put it on mine. Now, when they gave it back to me, this is what I saw on my home button. (Picture posted) and I was livid. My home button was in perfect condition when I gave it to the representative and he gave it back damaged. He was like oh, I didn't know the home button was painted on. Like really? He doesn't even apologize. Then I ask the manager what I should do because I shouldn't have to deal with this since it wasn't my fault. He told me to go to a device support Center at another AT&T location. I go there and explain the situation and the guy, right off the bat, started off with rolling his eyes and huffing and puffing before disappearing in the back and coming back.out a few seconds later saying that they're unable to do a warranty replacement since it's cosmetic damage and I explained again how it was one of his representatives that damaged my phone and it's not my fault. He then went on to say I have to go back to that store and they should replace it. So I did. The manager had to call his manager who approved it and had to go through a warranty department since they didn't have my color in stock and I will be receiving my new phone within the week. I am still flabbergasted that this had to happen when my home button had been in pristine condition before asking them to put on the screen protector
    Wow that is horrible! I thought mine was bad and I don't even know how it happened! Picked up my phone one day and noticed it. So ridiculous, $792 phone and the button chips and removes paint.. Like seriously?

I am just dealing with mine and trying to enjoy the phone as much as possible. Other than that cosmetic issue I love the phone, just really aggravated about the whole home button situation.
    10-17-2016 04:46 PM
    Wow that is horrible! I thought mine was bad and I don't even know how it happened! Picked up my phone one day and noticed it. So ridiculous, $792 phone and the button chips and removes paint.. Like seriously?

I am just dealing with mine and trying to enjoy the phone as much as possible. Other than that cosmetic issue I love the phone, just really aggravated about the whole home button situation.
    I know! What aggravates me the most is that the AT&T rep is the one who damaged my home button. I've had this phone since its release date and never, ever had an issue with scratching or peeling of the home button. It was in perfect condition up until I gave it to him to put the Zagg screen protector on. Like what tool was he using? A knife? I mean, come on. How does someone scratch your home button off by simply putting on a screen protector? I wasn't going to leave the store until they said they were going to give me a replacement because it's not my fault that it even happened. I shouldn't have to deal with something that wasn't my fault. Now, if I'd have done it, then I'd deal with it on my own terms. But my phone was in perfect condition before that and I am just so frustrated that I have to go through all this for something so stupid, you know? But, alas, I'm getting my replacement this Saturday I believe and we'll see how that works out.
    10-18-2016 08:59 AM
    A friend of mine has an S7 and he was wiping his phone with an alcohol wipe and it took the finish off of his home button. I believe he was installing a Zagg screen protector as well. Maybe it's something with the type of cleaning wipe that Zagg provides?

Anyway, he did an insurance replacement on his. Mostly because he had dropped it and the back cracked, but his home button is good as new now as well.
    10-18-2016 09:47 AM
    It was similar to how my home button paint came off . I had got a replacement zagg hd dry screen protector and it had adhesive on the front part that you use to line it up.
    10-18-2016 06:33 PM
    I know! What aggravates me the most is that the AT&T rep is the one who damaged my home button. I've had this phone since its release date and never, ever had an issue with scratching or peeling of the home button. It was in perfect condition up until I gave it to him to put the Zagg screen protector on. Like what tool was he using? A knife? I mean, come on. How does someone scratch your home button off by simply putting on a screen protector? I wasn't going to leave the store until they said they were going to give me a replacement because it's not my fault that it even happened. I shouldn't have to deal with something that wasn't my fault. Now, if I'd have done it, then I'd deal with it on my own terms. But my phone was in perfect condition before that and I am just so frustrated that I have to go through all this for something so stupid, you know? But, alas, I'm getting my replacement this Saturday I believe and we'll see how that works out.
    Well good for you to demand a new phone. The guy who works there should be fired for that! Even if it was a mistake he should have told him manager and offered a replacement due to his error. People suck! Always have to watch our for yourself.

The fact so many people r having cosmetic issues with the home button should be enough to put Samsung more in the hole with the note 7 fiasco and fix anyone's home button for free.
    10-18-2016 09:30 PM
    Well good for you to demand a new phone. The guy who works there should be fired for that! Even if it was a mistake he should have told him manager and offered a replacement due to his error. People suck! Always have to watch our for yourself.

The fact so many people r having cosmetic issues with the home button should be enough to put Samsung more in the hole with the note 7 fiasco and fix anyone's home button for free.
    I know it's just ridiculous how he failed to even apologize like come on you just literally damaged my $800 phone and acted like nothing happened. I wasn't going to stand for something that wasn't my fault. I don't normally demand anything for any reason but this time I just got so mad that they damaged my phone for simply putting a screen protector on. If it was towards the end of my installment plans and I had to get another phone soon, I wouldn't be as bothered but I got this phone in March and will be with this phone until I pay off the installments in the next 20 or so months. These people need to understand that they're handling expensive equipment and should treat it as such.
    10-19-2016 07:26 AM
    This issue really has me concerned. Enough that I'm wondering if I should return the phone since I'm still w/in my 14-day honeymoon. I've had plenty of Samsung phones and tablets and never had this issue but I'm wondering if something is different with the Edge and it's just more likely than not to happen. It would really bother me if I see paint peeling off. One of our network guys showed me his Silver s7e today and the paint was badly worn off on the home button. What the heck? What kind of cheapness is that? I know Samsung can do better than that.
    10-19-2016 02:20 PM
    I've had my phone since day one and the home button is still pristine. It would really pee me off it it happened to me.
    10-20-2016 02:35 AM
    Just got mine a couple days ago to replace the N7. I hoped Samsung was aware of this issue and hoping mine's a good batch. I have a co-worker who got an S7E with gold cladding now got a black home button. But she got hers when it first came out, but I also noticed she got some kind of screen protector too.
    10-20-2016 06:19 AM
    This issue really has me concerned. Enough that I'm wondering if I should return the phone since I'm still w/in my 14-day honeymoon. I've had plenty of Samsung phones and tablets and never had this issue but I'm wondering if something is different with the Edge and it's just more likely than not to happen. It would really bother me if I see paint peeling off. One of our network guys showed me his Silver s7e today and the paint was badly worn off on the home button. What the heck? What kind of cheapness is that? I know Samsung can do better than that.
    Samsung can do better, which is what bothers me the most. It may be cosmetic, but it's happening to a bunch of their customers so there obviously is an issue. The fact they aren't fixing this for customers like myself and the other affected by it really sucks, wish we can get some type of petition and bring this to Samsungs attention directly. This on top of their note 7 billion dollar loss can affect them more than they think.
    10-20-2016 06:35 AM
    Apple uses sapphire over their home button, to protect it. Why should Samsung do less?
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    10-20-2016 07:55 AM
    I just start a petition about this problem please sign here:https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...eeling-on-s7s7
    10-20-2016 07:58 AM
    I just start a petition about this problem please sign here:https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...eeling-on-s7s7
    Signed!
    10-20-2016 09:37 AM
    My galaxy s7 edge also got the same problem from the Zagg screen protector! I already spooked with Zagg support and they told me that this is an knows issue and they gave me 75 USD refund to buy stuff on their store. As far as I can see it, this is more an Samsung issue but it's funny that Zagg doing the "QA" for samsung products.
    11-02-2016 05:03 AM
    11-18-2016 04:11 PM
    Attachment 225692

Samsung S7 Silver.
    It happened while I was checking if it has some plastic layer to peel off the button (like other samsung phones).

Now I wonder: am I covered by warranty?
    The answer is No if you consider that I did that with my own super nails. Yes, if that paint is crap...
    I hate this.
    I have the same issue but worth and I didn't do that with my nails. Any guarantee or warranty coverage?
    11-20-2016 05:38 AM
    This is disappointing.

Had my Black S7 Edge just 3weeks, I hope this doesn't happen to it.

Am I correct in saying this issue seems to mainly affect the Gold and Siver S7s?
    Anyone with a Black S7 with peeling Home button???

Had my Note 4 over 2years and the Home button still looks pristine, I hope my S7E will be the same.
    11-20-2016 11:53 AM
    This is disappointing.

Had my Black S7 Edge just 3weeks, I hope this doesn't happen to it.

Am I correct in saying this issue seems to mainly affect the Gold and Siver S7s?
    Anyone with a Black S7 with peeling Home button???

Had my Note 4 over 2years and the Home button still looks pristine, I hope my S7E will be the same.
    Chances are that it will never happen. I've had two S7 Edge phones since the first week of March and both are spotless. Both of mine are silver.
    11-20-2016 04:05 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone here (who returned their phones for this problem) understands why some people get charged for the repairs while some others did not? I returned my edge last week to the repair center in Texas for the exact same issue (home button had what appeared to be an air bubble in the paint).

Mine is under warranty but really am worried I'm going to get a huge bill. My phone was otherwise in prestine condition.

If anyone has any ideas as to why some people get charged and others don't I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. So annoying that so many phones have this issue. Even though it's a small thing it's just frustrating to see a painted home button. Drives me up the wall to know that Samsung thought that'd be a good idea.
    12-23-2016 01:05 PM
    Wipe around your home button, don't clean it with chemicals. I've done that with every phone with a home button I've ever had.

Luckily, this won't be an issue going forward with Samsung flagship devices.
    12-23-2016 01:44 PM
    sent my daughter's S7 (gold) in for warranty repair due to charging port no longer working; paint was rubbed off home button from use. (she is 17) Got a notice today that the ticket was cancelled and phone sent back to me un-repaired. In the notes, OOW (out of warranty) BY CONDITION, PAINT IS PEELING OFF OF THE HOME KEY (LCD NEEDS TO BE REPLACED) I called them and asked if they had even checked the charging port; which is the problem we have; answer was no. In transit back to me now and I am supposed to get a call from escalations. Will update when this is over.. In the case that they don't make good on this cosmetic issue, I will be one of the thousands never to purchase a Samsung device again..
    01-19-2017 06:15 PM
171 ... 567