Paint on home button is peeling. Anyone else have this issue?

OmriF

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy s7 edge also got the same problem from the Zagg screen protector! I already spooked with Zagg support and they told me that this is an knows issue and they gave me 75 USD refund to buy stuff on their store. As far as I can see it, this is more an Samsung issue but it's funny that Zagg doing the "QA" for samsung products.

Alimousavi

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 225692

Samsung S7 Silver.
It happened while I was checking if it has some plastic layer to peel off the button (like other samsung phones).

Now I wonder: am I covered by warranty?
The answer is No if you consider that I did that with my own super nails. Yes, if that paint is crap...
I hate this.

I have the same issue but worth and I didn't do that with my nails. Any guarantee or warranty coverage?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
This is disappointing.

Had my Black S7 Edge just 3weeks, I hope this doesn't happen to it.

Am I correct in saying this issue seems to mainly affect the Gold and Siver S7s?
Anyone with a Black S7 with peeling Home button???

Had my Note 4 over 2years and the Home button still looks pristine, I hope my S7E will be the same.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is disappointing.

Had my Black S7 Edge just 3weeks, I hope this doesn't happen to it.

Am I correct in saying this issue seems to mainly affect the Gold and Siver S7s?
Anyone with a Black S7 with peeling Home button???

Had my Note 4 over 2years and the Home button still looks pristine, I hope my S7E will be the same.

Chances are that it will never happen. I've had two S7 Edge phones since the first week of March and both are spotless. Both of mine are silver.

Momoshere

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone here (who returned their phones for this problem) understands why some people get charged for the repairs while some others did not? I returned my edge last week to the repair center in Texas for the exact same issue (home button had what appeared to be an air bubble in the paint).

Mine is under warranty but really am worried I'm going to get a huge bill. My phone was otherwise in prestine condition.

If anyone has any ideas as to why some people get charged and others don't I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. So annoying that so many phones have this issue. Even though it's a small thing it's just frustrating to see a painted home button. Drives me up the wall to know that Samsung thought that'd be a good idea.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Wipe around your home button, don't clean it with chemicals. I've done that with every phone with a home button I've ever had.

Luckily, this won't be an issue going forward with Samsung flagship devices.

Rob Routt

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
sent my daughter's S7 (gold) in for warranty repair due to charging port no longer working; paint was rubbed off home button from use. (she is 17) Got a notice today that the ticket was cancelled and phone sent back to me un-repaired. In the notes, OOW (out of warranty) BY CONDITION, PAINT IS PEELING OFF OF THE HOME KEY (LCD NEEDS TO BE REPLACED) I called them and asked if they had even checked the charging port; which is the problem we have; answer was no. In transit back to me now and I am supposed to get a call from escalations. Will update when this is over.. In the case that they don't make good on this cosmetic issue, I will be one of the thousands never to purchase a Samsung device again..