Samsung Pay was refused by Store.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to get the free $30 gift card promotion and lunchtime I went to a store and tried to use Samsung Pay and was refused. I have been there many times before and they even know me and I was told they are charged a higher CC processing fee if I used it so they do not accept it. It's only a small percentage, but I guess cuts into the profits on smaller purchases like mine.

I just let them swipe the card and left.

I guess technology has it's costs or a learning curve.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That's crazy. I've used Samsung Pay in about 6 stores since last week and haven't had a problem in any of them. There should be no difference between swiping a card and tapping your phone.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to get the free $30 gift card promotion and lunchtime I went to a store and tried to use Samsung Pay and was refused. I have been there many times before and they even know me and I was told they are charged a higher CC processing fee if I used it so they do not accept it. It's only a small percentage, but I guess cuts into the profits on smaller purchases like mine.

They were just being difficult.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They were just being difficult.

I think so as well. If the phone is mimicking the card on the reader than there is no difference in cost to them .. It is a CC transaction.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I just went to my nearest mall and used it on a vending machine, look for something like that. Got the eBay gift card a minute or so later.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay creates a virtual card number that is different from the actual card that is added, so they know when it is actually used.

sfldg

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Im guessing your transaction was less than the amount he needed to profit. most people retailers lose money on a 5 dollar credit card transaction

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Use some other place, any other place as a matter of fact. It can be used practically anywhere. I already got my $30 gift card.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
There is no difference in the processing fees of a CC transaction whether you swipe/dip the actual plastic as opposed to using the same CC through the Samsung Pay app as for all the network knows it was a card present transaction. The woman just doesn't understand her processing fees from her Point of Sale terminal (POS) provider.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy. I've used Samsung Pay in about 6 stores since last week and haven't had a problem in any of them. There should be no difference between swiping a card and tapping your phone.

Agreed...that being said I was told that if you cc has a chip in it you still have to use the card.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Agreed...that being said I was told that if you cc has a chip in it you still have to use the card.

I've been using mine everywhere locally, including stores with chip readers and Samsung pay works, even with my credit card having a chip.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The question is whether Samsung Pay works when stores only accept cards inserted into the chip reader? We're in a state of transition so many stores are accepting both the magnetic swipe and the chip inserted. What happens to Samsung Pay when it becomes 100% chip insertion?