04-13-2017 04:20 AM
62 123
tools
    It's a glitch within the operating system. An update will be available for your S7 shortly if it isn't already waiting to be downloaded. Go to your settings and scroll down to system update. This update WILL clear up this irritating SD issue you've been having.
    All the update does is stop the notification from appearing. It does NOT address the underlying cause -- the SD card unmounting and remounting, which is not a trivial problem.
    05-10-2016 04:07 AM
    All the update does is stop the notification from appearing. It does NOT address the underlying cause -- the SD card unmounting and remounting, which is not a trivial problem.
    You are correct. It is not a software issue. It is a hardware issue. I called T-Mobile over a month ago and they sent me a new phone. The new phone has not had the issue once. I suspect the issue has to do with the cheap, flimsy SIM/SD Card trays that they use on these phones. I have read some people with the regular S7 experiencing the same problem.
    05-10-2016 07:09 AM
    It's a glitch within the operating system. An update will be available for your S7 shortly if it isn't already waiting to be downloaded. Go to your settings and scroll down to system update. This update WILL clear up this irritating SD issue you've been having.
    It is not a glitch in the operating system. If that were the case, everyone would be experiencing the issue. It is hardware related. I jumped through every hoop that Samsung support said to do, and it still didn't fix the issue. They refused to send me a new device, so I contacted T-Mobile. I told them what I did, and they sent me out a new device. I have had the new device over a month and not once has the SD card issue reared its ugly head. As I mentioned in another post, my thought is the issue lies in the cheap plastic SIM/SD Card trays that they use. The problem is not just with the S7e but also with the regular S7 as owners of that device are also experiencing the SD card issue.
    05-10-2016 07:13 AM
    My issue is totally different, it never showed SD card notification as such but when I move any app or game to my SD card, it goes on OK, but when I restart my phone they are blank, I have to reinstall it and keep it on the internal memory, can anyone suggest a solution for this? During KitKat there was similar problem and KitKat SD fix apk corrected it, any suggestions for it? Thank you
    05-19-2016 05:38 AM
    I have a S7 made in Vietnam on 2016-02-19 and I am having problems with my sd card at first I transferred my sandisk 64g from my old galaxy s5 and it work for the first 2 photos on the third photo it gave me a message that there was no sd card and was saving the photo to the phone memory try 2 different sd card a sandisk 8gb and a 2 gb same problem so bought a Samsung 128 pro+ same problem will call Samsung support since it looks like I am not the only one with a sd card problem
    05-24-2016 07:01 PM
    Having the same issue. 2nd phone. Worked for a bit and now back just no notifications of this. The apps and pics are just gone. The only way I have found to fix is to remove the card and put it in a computer. Then take it out and put it back in the phone.
    06-03-2016 07:09 PM
    I had 3 of them from T-Mobile since last wednesday already. At first I thought it was T-Mobiles software updates because it happened right after but then I found out that if you look closely as you're pushing in the tray, the SD card is becoming dislodged every so slightly that it is causing a problem. I noticed that and made sure it went in properly and haven't had a problem since.
    06-07-2016 10:51 AM
    Can all of you download the app "phone info samsung". It will tell you the date it was manufactured and also the place. Mine is 2016/01/11 from Vietnam. Can you post on here? Those who dont have the issue, please also do so and post on here. It may be that the first batch was badly made and/or the place it was made from. Please post. I am currently discussing this with Samsung Canada directly.
    Mine was made in Vietnam on April 14, 2016.
    06-14-2016 05:43 AM
    I had 3 of them from T-Mobile since last wednesday already. At first I thought it was T-Mobiles software updates because it happened right after but then I found out that if you look closely as you're pushing in the tray, the SD card is becoming dislodged every so slightly that it is causing a problem. I noticed that and made sure it went in properly and haven't had a problem since.
    My S7 edge was working fine until today. Yes I would get the SD Card mounting message but it was just annoying. Today my SD card unmounted and I can't get it to register in the phone.
    06-25-2016 08:12 PM
    My S7 edge was working fine until today. Yes I would get the SD Card mounting message but it was just annoying. Today my SD card unmounted and I can't get it to register in the phone.
    Is the card still recognised if you try it in a computer, I would try save everything off the card to a computer and reformat the card in the computer before trying it back in the phone.
    06-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am experiencing. I have a Galaxy S7 edge for T-Mobile. I have a Samsung 128GB Micro SD card installed. The past couple of days I have been getting constant notifications saying "Preparing SD Card" or "SD Card: For transferring photos and media" and expanding the notification gives me options to "explore" or "reject". I took it to Best Buy for the Samsung dude to look at it, and there was another S7 edge owner there with the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if a fix? The Samsung dude cleared the cache in my files, but that didn't do the trick...

Thanks!
    I had the same issue.I finally just rebooted the system, and it once again gave encryption instructions...I did and it gives SD card encrypted, and all my files were back.. Hope that helps...
    06-29-2016 02:21 PM
    Hello All, I brought S7 Egde couple of days back and I brought a 64GB Samsung EVO micro Sd card and now i have issues, Not able to copy paste any data on the card and all of a sudden it shows as corrupt so formatted it works ok for sometime and phone started freezing up and though i had data in it it was not showing up so tried on different S7 Egde was able to see the data but phone started freezing up so got the replacement card and now same issues on both the phones what could be the problem and same memory card works perfectly ok on a S5
    06-30-2016 08:46 AM
    Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am experiencing. I have a Galaxy S7 edge for T-Mobile. I have a Samsung 128GB Micro SD card installed. The past couple of days I have been getting constant notifications saying "Preparing SD Card" or "SD Card: For transferring photos and media" and expanding the notification gives me options to "explore" or "reject". I took it to Best Buy for the Samsung dude to look at it, and there was another S7 edge owner there with the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if a fix? The Samsung dude cleared the cache in my files, but that didn't do the trick...

Thanks!
    Hey, I'm having a similar problem. I have an S7 and it's giving me problems with the SD card. Sometimes it won't show my files, sometimes it does show, sometimes some of the files show. I took the card out and put it in my S5 and it worked perfectly. I then took the phone to the t-mobile store. The rep tried my sd card in his galaxy and it worked. I showed him that it works in the s5 as well. His conclusion was that it is the SD card. But I don't agree. I read up on a similar problem and it could be the phones sd reader is damaged. I'm backing up my files in case the card is damaged. But I see many others with this same problem. Smh. This phone is disappointing me!
    06-30-2016 01:02 PM
    Hi, I'm having issues with my sd card on galaxy s7. I downloaded the app and my phone says MADE IN VIETNAM 2016.03.23
    06-30-2016 01:20 PM
    Guys got the Brand new phone and even that has the same problem it happens only when i restart start the phone or shut down and turn on and it say SD Card Corrupt, I am going Crazy
    07-08-2016 07:07 AM
    I have/experience the exact same problem.
    07-18-2016 05:49 AM
    Guys got the Brand new phone and even that has the same problem it happens only when i restart start the phone or shut down and turn on and it say SD Card Corrupt, I am going Crazy
    Have you tried getting a new SD card?
    07-18-2016 06:47 AM
    Ok now i tried a 16gb Samsung Evo card and its working fine but my 64gb Samsung Evo card working great on other phone (S4)
    07-18-2016 09:53 AM
    You might need to reformat the card on the new phone.
    07-20-2016 06:28 PM
    I have not had that issue. Mine was made 05/24/16 Korea. My Sim tray was super tight though. I did not have that issue my original s7 edge though either. And I got that one on release date.
    07-20-2016 07:38 PM
    Everytime i restart the phone the card gets corrupted and i had to format it to use it and reformatting i have done it almost 25 times till now with all the phone with the New S7 Edge
    07-21-2016 01:57 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks!
    I just literally installed my brand new Samsung 128 gb micro SD chip. I cannot copy/move files nor create a new folder within the SD cards directory. I have tried rebooting my phone and formatting the card. No dice. Still cannot use the SD card
    08-08-2016 07:15 PM
    I've had this problem too but it has seemed to go away. Now, my phone keeps losing the SD card installed! I've gone through 3 SD cards and one phone replacement and still have the same issue.
    If I download a movie or save a pic from a text message, then 7 out of 10 times I will be prompted to insert an SD card even though there is one in the phone! Every time this happens I need to pull out the SD card a couple of times before the phone registers that there is one, or put the SD card in my computer and click on 'repair errors'. Then I need to re-insert the card into the phone and re-create all my music playlists.
    08-11-2016 11:01 AM
    I've had the alert for just a week.....well it had also wiped out some of my photos, ring tones, etc! Sooooooo freaking bummed! I have taken the SD card out for fear I'll loose more photos that were saved to it. I plan on purchasing a new one and praying that if I do an update the issue is fixed ! Fingers and toes crossed 🙄
    08-12-2016 02:42 AM
    Good luck! I went through 3 SD cards (1 Samsung EVO, 2 Sandisk) and the problem was still there. I even tried putting box tape on the top of my SD card to hold it on the tray to no avail. I decided to go ahead and jump to the Galaxy Note 7.
    Note for you. When you lose your files on your SD card, you can try putting it in your computer. I've done that and my computer would tell me that there are errors on the SD card and if I want to fix them. Click to fix the problems and all your files should be back on your SD car.
    08-12-2016 04:32 PM
62 123