Galaxy S7 Edge SD Card Issues

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am experiencing. I have a Galaxy S7 edge for T-Mobile. I have a Samsung 128GB Micro SD card installed. The past couple of days I have been getting constant notifications saying "Preparing SD Card" or "SD Card: For transferring photos and media" and expanding the notification gives me options to "explore" or "reject". I took it to Best Buy for the Samsung dude to look at it, and there was another S7 edge owner there with the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if a fix? The Samsung dude cleared the cache in my files, but that didn't do the trick...

Thanks!

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm not seeing this. I put the SD card in prior to the start, and let it format during the setup. I've not seen a single...take that back, I see the mount on the reboot...but not any other time. I've read the other posts, prior to purchase, thinking this would drive me nuts. but it has not happened to me. The only thing I did, was paid attention to the thread about the cheap card holder and how , you should use great care in inserting the sim and the sd. That's the only place I put any focus

PS

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Few people have noted this problem.

I myself have had my brand new 64GB Samsung EVO card fail yesterday. Fixed it thus far with a format on another device and a reformat on my S7. Shame that I've lost some photos though.

Brian Werle

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am experiencing. I have a Galaxy S7 edge for T-Mobile. I have a Samsung 128GB Micro SD card installed. The past couple of days I have been getting constant notifications saying "Preparing SD Card" or "SD Card: For transferring photos and media" and expanding the notification gives me options to "explore" or "reject". I took it to Best Buy for the Samsung dude to look at it, and there was another S7 edge owner there with the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if a fix? The Samsung dude cleared the cache in my files, but that didn't do the trick...

Thanks!

SG7 edge, with good lock and gear VR installed now sd card missing, have had strange sd card issue since the get go used 2 different cards same troubles ������ will re-seat hopefully not having to reformat

Last edited by a moderator:

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Can all of you download the app "phone info samsung". It will tell you the date it was manufactured and also the place. Mine is 2016/01/11 from Vietnam. Can you post on here? Those who dont have the issue, please also do so and post on here. It may be that the first batch was badly made and/or the place it was made from. Please post. I am currently discussing this with Samsung Canada directly.

jrkz36

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows made in Korea. Date 2016/03/01. I have never had the SD card issue. Mine only shows on reboot like it's supposed to. I'm using a 64 GB Samsung Pro+ card.

xin08

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I also had a problem on my s7 edge. Whenever i transfer some app on my ad card and then try to turn my phone off the problem comes in. I got this message saying system isn't responding. This anyone know what this happening? Do you think it is about my ad card or add card drive? Or my phone itself? Thank you for the help

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Samsung 128gb Pro+ and no issues. I had some major problems with it after removing it and transferring stuff by directly sticking it in my Macs's SD card slot. Got a lot of reboots and crashes after that. After formatting it in the phone, though, that problem was resolved.

ChriskChambers

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I having issues with my SD Card - the software informs me that "MADE IN VIETNAM 22.02.2016

I am not sure if this is related but laley my phone has been freezing and hanging on a regularly bases.

dtallard

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem with a Samsung 64GB EVO Micro SD Card. It acted like it was constantly mounting and unmounting. I contacted Samsung support via their FB support page. They were very responsive and I went through various things with them as well as everything on this page to no avail. I eventually bought another SANDisk brand 64GB SD card and it works perfectly. I noticed that when I used the Samsung card in my laptop with a USB adapter it also disconnected and reconnected. Samsung is replacing my SD card.

DandroidFandroid

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
EDIT:
TL-DR reseat the card, being sure to apply slow, firm, and even pressure. Monitor the card as it is inserted to ensure that it is not being pushed off of the tray as the card is inserted. This problem is likely a problem with the tray not ensuring a secure seating of the card. /TL-DR

So, believe me when I tell you that I've been getting this error ever since I bought my phone and installed the SD chip from my old phone. This happened about a month ago. Every time I would clear the notification it would come back, sometimes dismounting the SD chip only to find it again. I was going to format the card as was suggested above. After removing the chip to plug it into my laptop (to facilitate quicker backing up of its contents), I put the card back into the phone to allow the phone to format the chip. This time, however, I made ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that the card was flush, and GENTLY inserted the card, wiggling the tray to apply firm, even pressure to ensure that the card didn't pop up at all. Wouldn't you know it, I'm no longer getting the notification.

I get the SD card notification as well. It also seems to want to mount and dismount, and I have to redownload my audiobooks every so often.
My SM-G930V was manufactured on 02/18/2016 in Korea.

Last edited:

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I contacted T-Mobile about 2 weeks ago and they sent me a new device. I received the device and have not had the SD notification issue since. Don't let Samsung tell you something different. The issue is hardware related, not card or software related. Go through your carrier for support and replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante