T-Mobile update

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update on TMO

I didn't mind the "Blink Feed" or whatever it was when I had the M7 back in the day but I still wasn't a fan of Sense. To be honest I wasn't a fan of most launchers so I just used Nova to tweak it how I like. I am now using the Google Launcher on my phone .. I blame it on my Nexus 6P which caused me to use it by default and I just stuck with it. Now I have grown accustom to it haha.
I like Google now launcher as well but on the S7 edge the icons looks comically big and can't change the grid size from 4 columns. That's a bummer and for that reason I switched back to Nova on S7 edge but kept the GNL on 6p.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Just gone through the update. It did take quite a while to optimise the apps. Phone on charge will play with it later.
Would be great to know exactly what this update did though.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Could be just improvement in radios since I was seeing slower LTE speeds on the S7 compared to iPhone and my other Android phones in the same location. I'll test out later today to see if there is an improvement now.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Got the March Security Update on T-Mo

I got the March Google Security update today on T-Mobile. One of the folks commenting on the S7 Edge vs. Nexus 6P article mentioned a download. I tried this evening and there it was. Very happy to see Samsung and T-Mo start the year off this way.

Posted via the Android Central App

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Got the March Security Update on T-Mo

Sorry. False alarm. It was an update and was security update but doesn't specifically state latest security patch is March.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Got the March Security Update on T-Mo

Note the SE for Android date.

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 142

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just got a system update yesterday. I started the download then stopped at 4%. Not sure what this will update will do. Worried this will update the bootloader and ruin the chances of root in the future. There is also a 1 in my system app and in the notification pannel. Does anyone recommended updating this? I read on XDA that this will improve the battery life and maybe help the front facing camera.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It says its a security update, yet it doesn't update the Google security patch level. So far this morning all I've noticed is some serious lagging in the default Samsung Keyboard. I can't say I'm happy with this update.

Also, to your point about root, the fact that the update specifically references Android Security Enforcement, rather than security patch, could well indicate that you're right. See screenshot where it says "SE for Android Status". That's the part that changed....

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
T-Mobile Security Patch/Software update G S7 Edge

Now that we have the first patch pushing through...anyone have feedback?

I haven't pulled the trigger yet...waiting to hear what others have experienced....

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Any T-Mobile customers not receive the update yet? I'm still waiting...

Edit: Just kidding...it was set to check manually. :-\

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Well this is great! The update just wiped out all my apps stored on the SD card..... All the non color looking apps were on the SD and now it's gone.....

EDIT: After 10 minutes the apps came back, very odd.

View attachment 220809

Who's the hotie on your wallpaper? And where did you find it at? 😉

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't paying attention to what I was reading, and thought Marshmallow was coming to the Note 5 for a second there. I'll go backing to napping now ...

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
on the topic of t-mobile....

how you guys liking the fact that youtube is now covered by "binge on"??

i love it!! youtube has always been a big data killer for me. not no more

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
on the topic of t-mobile....

how you guys liking the fact that youtube is now covered by "binge on"??

i love it!! youtube has always been a big data killer for me. not no more

Sure if you like 480P or less. I'm not settling for anything less then 720P on my S7 Edge. I normally do 1080P or 1440P. I have binge turned off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995