Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a lovely day!
    My situation is as follows: I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4 of which the screen is badly damaged to the extent where I can't control anything from that phone on the screen, the screen is black and I can't unlock, let alone control it any how. However it still functions as normal because I can restart it and even receive notifications. On the other hand I will be getting a Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge.
    I really want to transfer everything from the S 4 to the S 7 Edge.
    I know there are shops where they repair screens but at the moment I am not working due to heavy study schedule and on top of that I have a parent who is not understanding that I have had the S 4 for 3 and a half years and there are a lot of memories on there which are meaningful to me, and is not willing to hear me out that it will only cost £70 for a screen repair.

I am really hoping that with the question below I am not expecting anything impossible or looking for something which hasn't been yet invented but I am very curious.

Is there an app or accessory or anything which can extract all of my data from the S 4 onto the S 7 Edge (or even the computer) automatically, without me having to control anything from the S 4?
    For example, I install an app onto the S 7 Edge which extracts anything and everything without me doing anything with the S 4.
    In regards to the accessories, for example I connect the S 4 with the S 7 Edge via USB cable and the S 7 Edge transfers things on its own with me choosing options from the S 4.

The most useful way of transferring data from the S 4 onto the S 7 Edge in my opinion, will be to have an accessory (some kind of a cable) which can output the the picture of the phone on the computer screen and of course being able to control the things on the phone using the mouse.
    If this is possible to happen what cables/accessories do I need?

Thank you
    03-18-2016 12:44 PM
    I believe you can just plug your S4 into your computer and use it as a drive. Copy all of the folders in the memory and paste and save it to your desktop. Then plug in your S7 and copy those folders you just took from your S4 and paste them all into your S7. Any useless folders you can delete but you should have all your data and files now. Then you'll need to download all your apps again from the play store and they should work as normal because all the file info is now on your S7. I think that should work.
    03-18-2016 01:25 PM
    Use smart switch from the pc to get the stuff from the s4 to the pc, then use smart switch to send it to the s7
    03-18-2016 01:46 PM
    Right guys, lets start from the beginning. The screen of my S 4 is cracked and black and non-functional. When my S 4's screen used to be functional and when I connected it to the computer using USB cable, on the phone I had to choose an option. With such a situation at the moment I can't operate with the screen.
    The same applies with the smartswitch app. That app has to be downloaded on both of the phones. Please take time to read my post before answering.
    03-18-2016 01:55 PM
    Use smart switch from the pc to get the stuff from the s4 to the pc, then use smart switch to send it to the s7
    Is there a smart switch for a PC? Can I please have a link for it?
    03-18-2016 01:56 PM
    Also, how can I use the Smart Switch app on my PC to transfer data from the S 4 with its non-functional screen?
    Do I need to have the Smart Switch app installed on my S 4?
    03-18-2016 02:08 PM
    The smart switch app only needs to be installed on your new phone, but it does requires input on your old phone to accept the connection if you use the USB cable method. On the desktop app to back up the data on my S5 all it required was I unlock the screen.
    03-18-2016 02:20 PM
    The smart switch app only needs to be installed on your new phone, but it does requires input on your old phone to accept the connection if you use the USB cable method. On the desktop app to back up the data on my S5 all it required was I unlock the screen.
    Please go back and read my thread...actually read it and tell me can I do what you have just told me because you have clearly skimmed through it
    03-18-2016 03:11 PM
    As far as I know there is no way of getting at the data if the phone is locked, (it would be pretty poor security if all you had to do was plug it into a PCs to get at the data).
    I just did a quick Google search and some sites claim to have software that can do it but I can't vouch for anything has I've never needed to.
    03-18-2016 03:25 PM
    As far as I know there is no way of getting at the data if the phone is locked, (it would be pretty poor security if all you had to do was plug it into a PCs to get at the data).
    I just did a quick Google search and some sites claim to have software that can do it but I can't vouch for anything has I've never needed to.
    Please can you link me the sites that claim to have a software that can do the trick?
    03-18-2016 03:32 PM
    Did you try log into Samsung find my phone and unlock the screen remotely, this would make the phone recognised via usb.
    Here's an old thread about unlocking a phone with a broken screen, will have to refind the sites I was looking at, I'm on my phone so it's a PITA surfing. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ieve-data.html

Edit first site that I was looking at was yodot. Com. Not sure on policy on here of linking to external sites/ software but a Google search brings it straight up.
    03-18-2016 04:24 PM
    Did you try log into Samsung find my phone and unlock the screen remotely, this would make the phone recognised via usb.
    Here's an old thread about unlocking a phone with a broken screen, will have to refind the sites I was looking at, I'm on my phone so it's a PITA surfing. (I have taken out the link because I am at my 7th post and until the 10th I am not allowed to post any links)

Edit first site that I was looking at was yodot. Com. Not sure on policy on here of linking to external sites/ software but a Google search brings it straight up.
    Oh cool! What is the link for the log in page for Samsung and the unlocking of the screen remotely?
    03-18-2016 05:04 PM
    I forgot about the option for choosing to use the phone with the USB option as the newer phones don't require you to choose anymore. My apologies. In the future if you're able to get it to work, invest in a back up option so when you get a new phone you can restore all your info without plugging it in. Good luck
    03-18-2016 05:06 PM
    Oh cool! What is the link for the log in page for Samsung and the unlocking of the screen remotely?
    https://findmymobile.samsung.com/mindex.jsp
    03-18-2016 05:10 PM
    (The above link)
    And then where do I go, I tried using it but nothing really happens.
    03-18-2016 06:00 PM
    And then where do I go, I tried using it but nothing really happens.
    you log in with your Samsung account, this assumes you had a Samsung account and enabled find my phone. This is usually the first step I carry out on a Samsung phone.
    If you have got an account and it's enabled once you log in it should list your device. Select your device and Just use the options in the menu to send an unlock command to your phone.
    03-18-2016 06:11 PM
    I just tried to unlock my device remotely and it was switched on and when it finished loading it came up with the following message:
    The device is offline or network connection is unstable.
    Within 24hr of implementation, the function will be run when the device is connected to the network.
    03-19-2016 08:18 AM