S7 Edge AT&T Software Update (3/18/16)

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Update for the S7 Edge

Looks like an update is available for the AT&T variants as well. Mine is just in the process of rebooting. The update was about 40MB.

djohn22

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T Update

I got mine this morning. Installed quickly and no bugs so far. Seems it most mostly a security update. I was worried about how hot the phone got while updating, but it cooled off after and is running fine now.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Update for the S7 Edge

I think I resolved it. It didn't seem to like apps I had installed on my sd card. Moving them back to the device seems to have resolved the issue.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Anyone know what the update is for??
Updating now, never saw Optimizing Apps take this long!!

Last edited:

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Mine was a bit laggy for 5 minutes or so after the update, but back to normal now. My only observation is that it seems that the phone might be entering doze more often than before. Very early observations, but looking at GSAM Pro and I have a big flatline in consumption that I haven't seen before. Might just be that I'm using it a bit less today and will have to monitor over the next few days, but it does seem different in consumption.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Installing now. Really hope this fixes the occasional freezing when playing some YouTube videos in 1440p.

edit: Not fixed. Damn.

Last edited:

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Out With a Security Update

Looks like AT&T is rolling out a security update for my Samsung S7 Edge. It said it's an AT&T update not Samsung.

mattjewell15

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Just performed the newest update that was released this morning for AT&T.

So far so good, I've noticed Clash of Clans isn't as dark anymore, thank goodness. It was hard to see.

Coming from all iOS devices, they all now look the same (color wise)!

Also, the screen mode has always been on Adaptive Display.

Anyone else notice anything better?

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it was a OS update, it was something to do with network security. I would be surprised you are seeing better output in the phone.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So far so good, I've noticed Clash of Clans isn't as dark anymore, thank goodness. It was hard to see.

I'm going to have to check this out. It's currently on the optimizing app stage. I have Package Disabler Pro on so i'll have to re-enable the game services thing to see if it truly does change it back to being lighter. Will report back soon.