Car mounts

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Which car mounts do you like for this phone? I used a good windshield mount and one that goes in the CD player slot before but neither of those are wide enough for this phone. Since this has wireless charging, maybe a wireless charging car mount might be nice. Just wondering if anyone has found any good ones.

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the "iOttie HLCRIO132 Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for Qi Enabled Devices." I bought it from Amazon.

So far I'm loving it. I have it mounted on a stand in one of the cup holders.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the "iOttie HLCRIO132 Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for Qi Enabled Devices." I bought it from Amazon.

So far I'm loving it. I have it mounted on a stand in one of the cup holders.

Does the charging keep up with it if you leave the screen on all the time?

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I had been using a proclip dash mount for my Note 3 until I got the S7E. VERY secure, hasn't moved in years, and it's mounted in the grooves of my dash right in front of the AC vent, easy to install and very stable and unobtrusive. I bought the Samsung wireless car charger to go on the proclip mount. The ball socket on the proclip mount fit perfectly into the charger. Very excited that it fit since the mount that came with the Samsung charger is suction (and large) and I don't like using suction mounts. You can get a proclip mount custom for your vehicle and the wireless charger to put on it instead of a proclip holder, and you can buy a ball mount adapter plate from proclip as well.

And by the way, I'm really loving the Samsung wireless charging holder. So easy to put in and get out quickly, the sides squeeze in effortlessly and there's a quick release button when you want to take it out. The charge wasn't enough to charge it at first, but it was a real slow trickling drain. Recently I've been reading the battery life threads and turned off ok google detection among other things and now with the screen on it will charge, but super slowly (better than a slow drain).

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the charging keep up with it if you leave the screen on all the time?

So far, yes. Tomorrow will be my first longer road-test, but I don't anticipate a major difference. I'm very happy with the wireless-chsrge iOttie.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Which car mounts do you like for this phone? I used a good windshield mount and one that goes in the CD player slot before but neither of those are wide enough for this phone. Since this has wireless charging, maybe a wireless charging car mount might be nice. Just wondering if anyone has found any good ones.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...&qid=1458357967&ref_=sr_1_1&s=wireless&sr=1-1

This is my favorite. No wireless charging on it though. But if you pair it with these:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A4ZGL...1458358011&sr=sr-1&keywords=anker+car+charger

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B012WF7O...358039&sr=sr-1&keywords=anker+micro+usb+cable

You will have an awesome car mount AND fast charging in your car.

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This is what I had before as well. The suction is incredibly strong and will definitely not come off in any circumstances. In fact it was so strong that I had to spend about 10 minutes just to transfer the mount to another car.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This is what I had before as well. The suction is incredibly strong and will definitely not come off in any circumstances. In fact it was so strong that I had to spend about 10 minutes just to transfer the mount to another car.

Did it leave a mark on the dash?

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use a windshield mount since I can't use a dash mount. My dash isn't smooth so those don't work for me. I tried a vent mount but when it's cold out and you have the heat on, it's not really good for the phone to be blowing hot air at the back of the phone. CD mounts are nice also but they force you to look down at your phone and I'd rather have my phone at eye level so that I'm not taking my eyes completely off the road. Just my experience and everyone is different.

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Did it leave a mark on the dash?

It did not since I actually put it on top of another dash accessory, but i heard from some reviews that it might damage certain materials. I would recommend either using it on the glass or with another platform on top of your dahsboard.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I am just thinking in your car you might leave the screen on a lot for navigation so if you do so, is it bad to be on a wireless charger? Does that cause it to overheat or does wireless charging keep up with the battery drain from the screen always on?

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am just thinking in your car you might leave the screen on a lot for navigation so if you do so, is it bad to be on a wireless charger? Does that cause it to overheat or does wireless charging keep up with the battery drain from the screen always on?

I just got back from a 2-hour trip. Phone was at 88% when I started. Put phone in iOttie Qi wireless car charger and had Waze going. Got home and phone was still at 88% with no heat. I'm happy with that result and love not having to keep plugging/unplugging the usb.