Car mounts

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from a 2-hour trip. Phone was at 88% when I started. Put phone in iOttie Qi wireless car charger and had Waze going. Got home and phone was still at 88% with no heat. I'm happy with that result and love not having to keep plugging/unplugging the usb.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the info. I kind of want to mount it to the windshield just because of some of the reviews I read about it damaging the dashboard. Do you have it on the dash? If so, did you get that extra pad to mount on the dash first?

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I kind of want to mount it to the windshield just because of some of the reviews I read about it damaging the dashboard. Do you have it on the dash? If so, did you get that extra pad to mount on the dash first?

I actually have it mounted in one of my cup-holders. I bought a gadget that locks into the cup-holder and has a round flat top for holding suction on the charger. It's working great for me.

I'm driving a 2012 Toyota Highlander and there just isn't a good spot on the dash to mount the charger. I got a ticket for a windshield mount (obstruction of view), so I won't go that route again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
That would be awesome. My biggest issue is actually running my power cable across my console to the mount. It just hangs there and gets all kinds of in the way.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I got this one that attaches to the air vent and has fast wireless charging built in. Qi-Infinity Fast Wireless Car Charger Dock; 1.5A (2A Max, 10 Watt) For Samsung S6 Edge/Note5 & Compatible with Qi-Enabled Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018INZ10...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5089644

It works great. You do need a fast charge adapter which I already had anyway.

So you are using it in the vent? I have never used a vent mount before. Does it hold it pretty secure?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Have the ProClip with ball mount and was using the iOttie Qi wireless charger but hated the cord hanging down. I changed the head to the iOttie easy one touch 3. No wireless charging though.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So you are using it in the vent? I have never used a vent mount before. Does it hold it pretty secure?
Yes it holds fine. It uses a spring adjustable clip to the vent and and then there is another arm that leans on the dash. So it is not relying on the vent to hold it up, it is just an attachment point.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of the cd mounts before. They work well and without damaging the cd player?

Yes. It's a narrow slot that fits into the CD slot and doesn't go anywhere near deep enough to reach the actual spinning CD, or even the bit that detects when a CD is inserted. My wife has been using one for a long time now and it works great.

Obviously, if you hit the EJECT button on the CD drive while the phone holder is attached...

Capture.JPG

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just looked up the ProClip and that looks pretty nice. I think I want to stay away from the suction cup mounts because if they come loose, I am afraid this phone will crack. The CD mounts are nice but in one of our cars it really interferes with some buttons and the screen of the stereo so it's not the best for that car. I suppose a vent mount would be ok but this ProClip seems like it would work very well. I see the mounts they sell for the S7E but how do you guys put the iOttie or the Samsung Wireless holder like some of you mentioned? How do you attach it? Some kind of universal mount for it would be nice so my wife could use it for her iphone as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance