Always On Display turns OFF on Fast Wireless Charger!!?!?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
after i leave my S7 Edge on the Fast Wireless Charger (the horizontal round disc shaped model, not the vertically slanted model) for a while, oddly, the "Always On Display" is no longer displaying.

i don't see a setting for that, so i'm wondering if something is wrong or maybe something else?

anyone else experiencing this?

thanks.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Find it under Apps>Settings>Display & wallpaper>always on display. Turn it on & choose what you like.

@MrOnager: what are you saying please? i have it "on", but it goes off when i have it on the fast wireless charging pad for a long time. may i ask please if i had misunderstood what you are saying? thanks.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it doesn't do this at other times as well? Mine has been exhibiting the same behavior except I do not have a wireless pad and it does it even when not charging. It's like it thinks it is in my pocket or something.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it doesn't do this at other times as well? Mine has been exhibiting the same behavior except I do not have a wireless pad and it does it even when not charging. It's like it thinks it is in my pocket or something.

@GadgetGator: thanks for your comment. maybe mine also goes all black, say, for example, when i have it in my pocket for some time. it doesn't do it all the time though. i hope that between the two of us and maybe some others here on this forum, we might be able to troubleshoot the reason why and maybe a solution.

i found out how to do one other thing a couple of years ago due to a great fellow forum member here. thanks.

i also private messaged you.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Is your sensors on the front blocked? Mine is always on except when I turn it over or pull it out of my pocket.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Discovered something else interesting today. I had turned on the magnify screen option and my AOD stopped working. I went into settings and noticed that it was strangely turned off. So I turned it back on only to be told that magnify and AOD cannot be on at the same time and magnify would be turned off. Strange. I don't know why these two things cannot function at the same time. Also don't know why it didn't warn me when I put magnify on in the first place. It would have been nice to know that and not be wondering what is wrong.