Apps you can't live without on s7 edge or any other phone

Scousejay1972

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering which apps you go to everyday & can't live without. Best game, sports, business, camera app. There's plenty out there!

Posted via the Android Central App

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
One app I couldn't live without is Framelapse pro. It allows me to create great time lapse sequences with the screen off so it saves on battery life.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Do u think it's better than the s7 hyperlapse?

S7 Edge Titantium

I've not had a chance to test hyperlapse but just having a quick look at it the settings are limited and I can't see any way to turn off the screen during recording, this is important to me as some of my time lapse are all day and I prefer not to have to hook my phone up to a power bank.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Nova, SwiftKey, messenger. After that, Chase, stock futures, words with friends, Chesspresso, hearts and the list goes on and on.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I've not had a chance to test hyperlapse but just having a quick look at it the settings are limited and I can't see any way to turn off the screen during recording, this is important to me as some of my time lapse are all day and I prefer not to have to hook my phone up to a power bank.

I couldn't find the direct link to "hyperlapse pro"

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't find the direct link to "hyperlapse pro"

The app I use is Framelapse pro by Neximo Labs. I tried copy a link in but my iPad seems to be a bit picky about pasting things.
They do a free version but that doesn't allow you to put the screen to sleep.

Hyperlapse looks OK for quick time lapse but not for what I use. I love watching the clouds and the tide as it ebbs and flows.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey is a must. First thing I download on a new Android phone or tablet. (SwiftKey on an iPad sucks)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I put textra on here and have been using the stock app because I can add notifications besides ringtones under contacts. AutoMate car dock app Tivo, Swarm, Starbucks,Speak 2 it Assistant and of course all my games Words with friends, Hanging with friends, Dice with buddies,Song Pop, Word Streak. I used Dragon/Swype on my old phone the M9 but here I've also been using the Samsung stock one but my husband didn't like not having predictive text so he went to swift key and loves it. I have so many apps I must download when i get new phone.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Tasker (automaton), e-robot (automaton), MacroDroid (sutomaton), MultiLing keyboard, amazon, android auto, ES file explorer, Google Keep, News on android, Tapatalk, power toggles, novalauncher, Pushbullet, screen lock pro, status bar mini pro, yahoo mail.

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Spotify (music), Cam Scanner (scan documents and convert to pdf for emails), motogp experience (I'm a motogp junkie), docs to go (create word docs, spread sheets etc.), colornote (create quick notes with security access option to access notes. Also has Google account sync where you can sync notes every time you open app), Shazam (find names of songs and can purchase music right in app once song is located), The score (for sports scores), and of course my favorite game Angry Birds 2. If it's not too much trouble, Can you guys and gals add what the app does so if someone wants to check it out, they can know what function it has. It may save some time and the person won't have to search every app you mentioned to see what it is. Just a thought. Have a good one

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For me, definitely Facebook Messenger and Google Fit. YouTube, as well (I know Google apps are pre-loaded onto your device, bur still). I love Zedge (ringtone and wallpaper app); and the app I could NOT live without is Netflix. I watch a lot of Netflix on my phone, so that is by far my most coveted app.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use outlook for email, swiftkey the best keyboard. Dropbox to back everything up. Business calendar for my calendar, has the best agenda widget in my opinion. Spending tracker to track my spending. I love newstand for all my news, and mybusiness is must. Fenix for twitter and snapseed for photo editing.

AndrewLek

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Password Safe - save all passwords
FBReader - to read books
gReader Pro - good RSS reader
Hyrax - shows Android notifications on PC and clipboard sharing with PC (similar to Pushbullet but free)
Jefit - fitness tracker and more
Evernote - save notes

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Password Safe - save all passwords
FBReader - to read books
gReader Pro - good RSS reader
Hyrax - shows Android notifications on PC and clipboard sharing with PC (similar to Pushbullet but free)
Jefit - fitness tracker and more
Evernote - save notes

Jefit is the truth. I co-sign that one

Blacklance

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
SecretBox - Passwords
Handcent - MMS/SMS
Google Translate - Amazing
Soundhound
Beautiful Widgets for home page clock
Magnifier for my old eyes.
Truephone dialing app
Sports Tracker

and I use Swype instead of Swift Key. Just a preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463