I've had my S7 Edge since last Tuesday. Everything was working fine until yesterday. AT&T pushed down the security update yesterday. Since then I've noticed that wifi will switch off every once in a while. I'm not talking about disconnecting. The wifi icon will go completely grey. Once I touch it to turn back on wifi will reconnect but a few hours later when I look again it is back off.

Has anyone else seen this before or after the update?
    03-19-2016 06:02 AM
    I would try to clear cache in the bootloader.
    03-19-2016 06:49 AM
    Tried it. We'll see if wifi stays on.

Of note, the recovery mode appears to have added a confirmation for clearing cache on the S7. The instructions I found for the S6 only showed going to wipe cache and hitting power. For the S7 an additional yes/no is displayed.
    03-19-2016 07:06 AM
    Did the update last night. Battery life (the main reason I bought the phone) is gone. Dropped to 90% without me touching it in 2 hours. How do you clear cache? Will a reboot do it?
    03-19-2016 07:34 AM
    I always turn my phone off and then back on after any updates even if its reboots on its own, sometimes I do it twice just to avoid problems.
    03-19-2016 08:45 AM
    Did the update last night. Battery life (the main reason I bought the phone) is gone. Dropped to 90% without me touching it in 2 hours. How do you clear cache? Will a reboot do it?
    Check the s7 edge faq sticky.
    03-19-2016 10:31 AM
    Well, that didn't do it. Wiped the cache partition yesterday. This morning, Wi-Fi was off again.
    03-20-2016 06:04 AM
    Update. I think I may know what is doing this. AT&T Smart Wi-Fi could be to blame. It was set to turn off wi-fi when not near a known hotspot, which is its default. Inside my house it is difficult to get a location lock (thank you brick over block construction) so I think that when the location was lost the phone didn't know I was at home and shut down the wi-fi. I've switched that option off now so I'll see if wi-fi stays on.

I'd like to just disable the application completely but I'm not sure if it is needed to have my phone auto-connect to AT&T hot spots. That actually is useful at times so I'd hate to lose it. Unless someone has heard that these functions are not associated then I may have to do some experimenting the next time I'm near an AT&T hot spot.
    03-20-2016 06:30 AM
    I turned that feature off as I only have 2gb of data a month and I already noticed I was using data and not wifi a coupe times. It seems to switch to cellular even if your wifi is fine just a low signal.
    03-20-2016 07:30 AM