S7 Edge standby battery life?

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the S6 edge currently, and the battery is just horrible. I want to upgrade to this phone, but I wanted to make sure the battery would last all day. How are people's phones doing? What percent are you losing each hour? Does always-on display drain much? Lastly, what kind of SoT do you get?

tim3477

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
While I don't have specifics to hand I can say I returned the s6 edge last year for the very reason of the battery. S7 Edge is completely different, battery is superb. It last through the day and the always on screen doesn't seem to make much difference in terms of real life usage.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the standard s6 before my s7 edge. 1st day or so with it I wasn't as impressed with the battery life as I thought I'd be but after a few charge cycles and once the apps began optimising the battery life has grew and grew. I'm actually really impressed with it and I'm a heavy user of my phone and it lasts me from around 05.30 in the morning til 22.00 no probs. I get around 4.5 hours screen on time on average but thats rising everyday too.
Always on display battery use is unnoticeable in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mahiwaga

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
On what carrier are you on? I have an AT&T version on the s7 edge but it only lasts for 3.5 hours. Been using it for a week and I thought the battery would get better. I'm no heavy user. I do moderately check texts and sometimes read the news. Auto brightness and always on display is on all the time though.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
On what carrier are you on? I have an AT&T version on the s7 edge but it only lasts for 3.5 hours. Been using it for a week and I thought the battery would get better. I'm no heavy user. I do moderately check texts and sometimes read the news. Auto brightness and always on display is on all the time though.

I have at&t as well and im averaging 5-6 hours with moderate to heavy use.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the S6 edge currently, and the battery is just horrible. I want to upgrade to this phone, but I wanted to make sure the battery would last all day. How are people's phones doing? What percent are you losing each hour? Does always-on display drain much? Lastly, what kind of SoT do you get?

I also have the S6 edge, it really is the best phone I've ever had, besides the battery. I would like to upgrade to the S7 edge. I just don't want to be disappointed with the battery and be sorry I upgraded. Don't want to lose the IR blaster either. Decisions! Let us know what you decide to do. Thanks

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 162

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Today, wifi all day and only a little over an hour of screen time. Good standby here. AOD on.

aab307bcd02556a54eeeaa869c312b04.jpg

Rob Rowland

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 6+, the battery on my S7 Edge is nothing to write home about. My phone comes off the charger at 6:30 am and by the time I leave work at 6pm my iP6+ would usually still be around 75% battery left. The Edge is typically left with around 50%. It's certainly not horrible but I was hoping for better.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 6+, the battery on my S7 Edge is nothing to write home about. My phone comes off the charger at 6:30 am and by the time I leave work at 6pm my iP6+ would usually still be around 75% battery left. The Edge is typically left with around 50%. It's certainly not horrible but I was hoping for better.
That's very disappointing with a bigger battery and smaller screen

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Since the little update rolled out I am using about 2% per hour with average usage. 8.5 hours in with 84% left, 90 minutes SOT, AOD off.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Dang since the tmobile update my battery life tanked! I posted about it here under Tmobile security update battery drain.
I unplugged my phone at 7:45 this morning by 10:00 it was down to 79% (sitting in my purse!) by noon down to 55% now charging it. It was amazing when I bought the phone a week ago and has been amazing until Friday when the update came. grrrr. I am coming close to doing a factory reset...If that doesn't work I will be going back to Tmo to get it exchanged. This is unacceptable my s6 edge did better then this. Something went really wrong with the update and so far I can't seem to fix it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160320-115148.jpg
    Screenshot_20160320-115148.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20160320-115053.jpg
    Screenshot_20160320-115053.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 49

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
BTW I noticed most screenshots I've seen with the battery readings has the mAh up in the hundreds for screen time but mine shows at 53mAh. I am not sure what that means but is it a clue to a problem with the battery itself??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol