I was getting really frustrated trying to add my icloud email account to this phone. in the end, I discovered that since i had 2 step verification enabled, I had to go into my icloud account and create an app specific password, as my actual password with the account would not work when trying to add my account to the gmail app. I followed these instructions and it worked perfectly.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397
    B. Diddy and LordLugard like this.
    03-19-2016 05:03 PM
    Thanks for the tip!
    03-19-2016 05:40 PM
    I was getting really frustrated trying to add my icloud email account to this phone. in the end, I discovered that since i had 2 step verification enabled, I had to go into my icloud account and create an app specific password, as my actual password with the account would not work when trying to add my account to the gmail app. I followed these instructions and it worked perfectly.

Hi did you by any chance use the Samsung email client? I setup my icloud via 2-step however there are no settings for "push"? 15 minutes is the closest I can get.

Thanks!
    05-15-2016 03:10 AM
    Hi did you by any chance use the Samsung email client? I setup my icloud via 2-step however there are no settings for "push"? 15 minutes is the closest I can get.

Thanks!
    Yup. It's a limitation with the API that is provided by the email server. In alk likelihood Apple keeps the push service to themselves and everybody else gets polling. I think Yahoo also does this. If you use their app you get push, but using other apps you get polling.
    05-15-2016 05:22 AM
    Is there an "off" setting? That's push.
    05-15-2016 11:13 AM
    There is only a manual setting. Everything else is 15 minutes up to 1 day. Does gmail provide push with the native email client? I sort of like native clients. I would need to re-forward icloud email to gmail.
    05-15-2016 12:07 PM
    There is only a manual setting. Everything else is 15 minutes up to 1 day. Does gmail provide push with the native email client? I sort of like native clients. I would need to re-forward icloud email to gmail.
    Yup. Gmail app is push.
    05-15-2016 07:34 PM
    I finally did it on my own .. you go to your iCloud account and turn off the 2 step verification off . you are good to go
    06-18-2016 12:07 PM

Thanks!
    If you want Push - for all your email - check out CloudMagic. It's pretty close to perfect. https://cloudmagic.com
    06-18-2016 02:22 PM

Quick reply to this message Reply Quote Quote Multi-Quote This Message Like

Thank you so much for your help. I have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days!!!!
    12-19-2016 07:08 PM
    I cannot thank you enough. I spent the whole day trying all the different combinations of SSL TSL and god knows what. Your solution worked in a minute. Many many thanks. Apple was of no help.
    12-29-2016 09:06 AM