Tmobile security update battery drain?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't bother. My Nexus 6 started to drain battery frequently after the security update. After 4 hours it goes down 6% with not even touching it. Before it only went down 1 or 2%. I must have ran about 10 cache wipes since. Does nothing.

That's helpful to know, thanks. Still, different people may have somewhat different root causes, and since a cache partition wipe doesn't hurt, it's probably still worth trying at least once.

p213crew

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am also having same battery issue. Before update my battery would last all day. I would get home and I would be at 75%.

I only text and do some occasional email. No facebook. No Instagram, No Snapchat. I uninstalled Facebook for good measure. Disabled all apps I am not using. Installed a dark theme. Went into Developer mode and set setting to only have 3 apps in background running ( I think that's what it is called). BAttery was awesome until update. I double checked my settings after the update and they are still set but battery is bad now.

Doing the Cache PArtition wipe now. Will see if that helps.

I am on AT&T. My sister who is on T-Mobile also noticed battery drain faster after update.

P213crew

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Because the update took a toll on my battery tmobile exchanged my phone and now I am a very happy camper BUT now I am getting the message and nag screen to do the update. NO Way am I going to do that so is there a way to stop the nag screen and to get it out of my notifications?

Posted via the Android Central App

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Because the update took a toll on my battery tmobile exchanged my phone and now I am a very happy camper BUT now I am getting the message and nag screen to do the update. NO Way am I going to do that so is there a way to stop the nag screen and to get it out of my notifications?

Posted via the Android Central App

Long press the notification & turn off the notification option, if you're able.

I had a similar experience after receiving the update on my Sprint GS7E. A soft factory reset didn't do anything. After 2 hard factory resets, my battery life became better.