03-26-2016 03:59 PM
75 123
tools
    so basically what we figured out is the fast charging stand is the same speed as the wall plugged in, but the flat one is an hour+ slower
    03-20-2016 09:57 AM
    I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge
    This.
    I got mine yesterday (5 days after ordering) and I can't hear the fan - it charges at a reasonable rate, works much better if I take it out of my Otterbox, but I'm not going naked with a glass phone, so there's that. I got this mostly to "save" the connector.
    03-20-2016 11:50 AM
    I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

Did you order the regular one and get the standing/upright one, or did you order the upright one? I ordered the BOGO through Samsung and used my $30 Samsung credit making it $30 for two. Its on backorder with no indication of any kind on when it might be out of backorder.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2016 12:00 PM

Yes, the new stand charger is supposed to be as fast as the fast wired charging, but every other one is slow as molasses. Did you get one directly from Samsung? It seems to be the only place that offers it so far.
    Edited to add: I just found it on Amazon and ordered it. I'll have it on Wednesday.
    03-21-2016 09:24 AM
    Finally got mine .
    Attached Thumbnails samsung fast wireless charger definitely isnt fast-1458584851554.jpg  
    03-21-2016 01:25 PM
    Finally got mine .
    Thanks for posting. Please let us know how long it takes to charge your phone without a case on when you have a chance. When I had one of these for my S6 Edge+, it was super-quick - almost as quick as the regular, non-wireless charger. So I was disappointed to hear some folks were finding slower times with the S7/Edge. I sold that to a colleague at work after selling the Edge+ itself, and thought my colleague would have it here for me to test.

For my order, which was back-ordered, I called Samsung today, and they said they are getting replenished stock today, and mine should be coming out of that batch - so expecting to receive it Friday or so.
    03-21-2016 02:42 PM
    Thanks for posting. Please let us know how long it takes to charge your phone without a case on when you have a chance. When I had one of these for my S6 Edge+, it was super-quick - almost as quick as the regular, non-wireless charger. So I was disappointed to hear some folks were finding slower times with the S7/Edge. I sold that to a colleague at work after selling the Edge+ itself, and thought my colleague would have it here for me to test.

For my order, which was back-ordered, I called Samsung today, and they said they are getting replenished stock today, and mine should be coming out of that batch - so expecting to receive it Friday or so.
    To test it out to make sure it worked I tried it here at work for a little while.

From 70% the phone suggested 54 mins on fast wireless charging .. I then plugged in it to the cord and it suggests about 39 mins to fast charge to full. Doesn't seem that bad at all to me .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:08 PM
    To test it out to make sure it worked I tried it here at work for a little while.

From 70% the phone suggested 54 mins on fast wireless charging .. I then plugged in it to the cord and it suggests about 39 mins to fast charge to full. Doesn't seem that bad at all to me .
    If only you had a regular Samsung wireless charger to see how much faster the fast wireless charger compared to the regular wireless charger.

I tried, but sadly could not say "fast wireless charger" and "wireless charger" more than that to make it confusing.
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-21-2016 04:25 PM
    If only you had a regular Samsung wireless charger to see how much faster the fast wireless charger compared to the regular wireless charger.

I tried, but sadly could not say "fast wireless charger" and "wireless charger" more than that to make it confusing.
    Yeah sadly I sold my previous one I had with my S6 so only have this one :P.
    03-21-2016 04:36 PM
    Finally got mine .
    Do those models charge faster than 1% a minute? I bought a couple of the Samsung mats that don't say Fast Charge, but with the $30 Best Buy credit for using Samsung pay, they each cost just $13 including tax after handing over the $30 gift card code. For the price, I'm OK with 1%/min with the S7 in a Speck Candyshell Grip case, unless I find out that the Fast Charge version is way, way faster, of course. LOL!
    03-21-2016 06:28 PM
    Did you order the regular one and get the standing/upright one, or did you order the upright one? I ordered the BOGO through Samsung and used my $30 Samsung credit making it $30 for two. Its on backorder with no indication of any kind on when it might be out of backorder.

I ordered mine through Verizon, I got the wireless charging bundle, stand up Samsung charger, Samsung power bank, and Verizon fast car charger with a cool light on it for $100... They are in stock

03-21-2016 07:33 PM
    Finally got mine .
    When did you order them?
    03-21-2016 08:16 PM
    I'm sure people's mileage will vary, but I know the Samsung stand up fast charge stand is as fast or fast as the corded fast charger (Whew, that's a lot of "fast" in one sentence). It even works through my thin Incipio case. I know the cheaper wireless chargers out there from Amazon are all regular chargers or at least most of them. I was lucky enough to get the Verizon charger pack that included the Samsung fast charger, battery pack, and fast car charger that they had as a promotion, which is a rarity that is actually a good deal from Verizon.

Also, I didn't know the Samsung fast charger had a fan on it. Does it turn on, only when its charging? I guess I could find out if I turn everything in my office off. Anyway, it is money well spent if you hate cords like me.
    03-21-2016 08:29 PM
    This.
    I got mine yesterday (5 days after ordering) and I can't hear the fan - it charges at a reasonable rate, works much better if I take it out of my Otterbox, but I'm not going naked with a glass phone, so there's that. I got this mostly to "save" the connector.
    Did you order direct from Samsung?? I ordered the Fast Charge Stand from them on the 13th and still haven't received it yet..

03-21-2016 09:40 PM
    Does it turn on, only when its charging?
    Yup. My charger is always plugged in to a power strip. Fan doesn't run unless it is charging a phone.
    03-21-2016 10:34 PM
    When did you order them?
    Within a short time of this post being made. I jumped on it ASAP.
    03-21-2016 11:46 PM
    Within a short time of this post being made. I jumped on it ASAP.
    Mine are on backorder lol, can't wait to get them.
    03-22-2016 03:59 AM
    Hi, Can you tell me the Part number?
    Is it: EP-PG920IBUGCA or EP-PN920BBEGCA
    03-22-2016 08:16 AM
    Did you order direct from Samsung?? I ordered the Fast Charge Stand from them on the 13th and still haven't received it yet..

I went to Samsung's site originally, they were out of stock, clicked the "local dealers" link at the bottom of the page, it took me to Amazon. The packaging says it shipped from Lexington Kentucky (I'm in Portland Oregon), took five days from the time I ordered until the time it arrived (the initial estimate on delivery was 10-14 days so I was surprised).
    03-22-2016 09:45 AM
    Quick tip.. You need to use the Samsung Adaptive wall plug and plug that into the Fast Wireless Charger, or it won't get enough juice to charge your phone "Fast Wireless Charging" speeds. I'd use the best Quick Charge 2.0 or even 3.0 wall wart you can find, and use that with the wireless charger.

You're welcome.
    03-22-2016 11:22 AM
    Quick tip.. You need to use the Samsung Adaptive wall plug and plug that into the Fast Wireless Charger, or it won't get enough juice to charge your phone "Fast Wireless Charging" speeds. I'd use the best Quick Charge 2.0 or even 3.0 wall wart you can find, and use that with the wireless charger.

You're welcome.
    Do they not come with the FAC wall adapters?
    03-22-2016 11:48 AM
    Do they not come with the FAC wall adapters?
    It comes with it.
    Attached Thumbnails samsung fast wireless charger definitely isnt fast-fastcharger.jpg  
    03-22-2016 11:50 AM
    It comes with it.
    Cool , that's what i thought, would've been silly any other way lol
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-22-2016 12:22 PM
    Cool , that's what i thought, would've been silly any other way lol
    Lately silly is the new norm...LOL
    03-22-2016 12:34 PM
    I guess I should have ordered the white ones instead of the black. I think I ordered around the same time you did.
    03-22-2016 12:34 PM
75 123