*Solved*

I have a problem. I setup the fingerprint security when initially setting up my phone. Although I don't use a screen lock, id like to enable it now which requires me to input my fingerprint. I cannot get it to recognize my fingerprint. I've tried several times and now I'm on a 15 minute wait period for the next attempt. I'm at a loss here. I just want to disable the fingerprint entirely. I unfortunately can't remember my backup password either. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2016 08:27 AM
    Just being real here - how does it not recognize your fingerprint and you can't remember your password?

My fingerprint gets accepted every time and my password is one I wouldn't forget. My wife and son never have problems with their fingerprints either.
    03-20-2016 08:49 AM
    This finger print reader blows my iphones out of the water. Tap it and it opens. I agree...how can you forget a password and screw up a finger print in a couple weeks?
    03-20-2016 08:55 AM
    You'll have to probably factory reset your phone so you can set it up again. It's weird cause as everyone has stated, it works really well.

03-20-2016 08:57 AM
    I would use Android device manager to lock it with your google account.
    03-20-2016 08:58 AM
    You can use Samsung find my mobile to unlock your phone remotely.
    03-20-2016 09:26 AM
    You can check this thread for more assistance
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...read-here.html
    03-20-2016 09:26 AM
    To those of you with constructive comments, thank you! I will look into the suggestions.

I just managed to get the fingerprint to work so I was able to disable it for now. I think my problem was in the way in which I first set the initial print. I was only using about half of my actual thumb print. But anyways, all is repaired now.

When you guys setup your finger prints, do you start from the thumb joint when you swipe? I think I didn't use a good natural motion when I set it up which caused me to have difficulty reproducing it. It's my first device with this tech.

03-20-2016 09:55 AM
    I also read that it's useful to setup multiple prints to improve probability of successful scans. Figured this was worth adding to the thread for anyone with this problem in the future.

xSIN1134x likes this.
    03-20-2016 09:57 AM
    The only time my fingerprint scanner does not work, I can usually put it down to me touching it in a way that I never did whilst it was learning my print.

I have my two thumbs and my right index finder stored. That seems to cover all ways I hold the phone while powering on.

This is my 1st phone with a fingerprint scanner and I am really happy with the hit rate.

My dad has an S7 Edge too and he does have problems. I don't know if it's his dry skin, but he had to turn off the scanner.
    03-20-2016 12:32 PM
    To those of you with constructive comments, thank you! I will look into the suggestions.

I just managed to get the fingerprint to work so I was able to disable it for now. I think my problem was in the way in which I first set the initial print. I was only using about half of my actual thumb print. But anyways, all is repaired now.

When you guys setup your finger prints, do you start from the thumb joint when you swipe? I think I didn't use a good natural motion when I set it up which caused me to have difficulty reproducing it. It's my first device with this tech.

Don't swipe!!! Tap your thumb/finger.

To unlock simply place your thumb or other finger on the button. Samsung have left the downward swipe well behind.

I would re-setup your prints if I were you, following the instructions on screen.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-20-2016 03:06 PM
    Set up multiples of the same finger you prefer to use.
    03-21-2016 04:06 PM
    Set up multiples of the same finger you prefer to use.
    This, I did both thumbs twice and it works flawless..
    03-21-2016 06:04 PM
    I did 4 fingers. Two thumbs and indexes I do a complete 360 then hit all sides of my finger to get the most out of it hasn't failed me yet. Your not always going to hit the same angles I just made it so it works with all of them

03-21-2016 09:41 PM