Anyone get 'verify signature' in email app to work?

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
All,

I'm using my shiny new S7 Edge for a week or so now. One thing I'm not able to get working is upon receiving a digitally signed email in the default email app (the one you use for Exchange), the 'verify signature' button doesn't seem to work. If you have a signed email, you can't see or do anything with any attachments until you verify the signature. But clicking 'verify signature' causes the bar above the sender to move like it's thinking, then nothing. No error message, but doesn't verify it. So no attachment access. Button to verify signature is still there. Does this before and after the recent 2 day old Verizon OTA update. Any ideas? This worked fine on my old S4.

Thanks,

Chuck

Brian Fritz

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Huge issue for me to. Can't find a fix. Works well on my tablet...easy to verify. Can't get a verified signature on the phone though. When I select/push "verify signature" i get an error message of "error occurred while parsing signed message. Had a Note 4 last week. Have a Note 5 starting this week. Confirmed the IT boys did not adjust anything on the exchange server. The only variable I can isolate is the new Note 5. Verizon blames Samsung. Samsung blames Google. IT said there is nothing they can find, recommend or do. I would love a way through this as well.

weddi_eddy

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
We seem to have the same problem here. We have a Galaxy S7 here that gets an error parsing digital signature when you verify the signature on digitally signed emails.

I have a Galaxy S6 and I don't have any problems. I'm willing to peg this as a Samsung issue. The mail app on the phone is custom to Samsung phones. The native Android mail app doesn't support S/MIME. Trouble is, how do you tell Samsung there is a potential bug in their system? I attempted to ask their technical chat team but they're too busy telling me that my phone isn't supported in their region.

Perhaps wait for an update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles