Snapdragon 820 only seeing 1.2ghz at full load?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is that a screenshot of an app or program that shows you what processor your phone is running and the speed? I read that some S7 edge phones were made with an Exynos 8890 and some were made with the snapdragon 820. That could be the reason for the slower speeds. I'm learning more about these phones and don't know it all so thats why I'm asking questions. Is there a way to see which processor is in your phone? Is it on the box or can I find it in settings?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That screen shot is of cpu-z and is the Qualcomm variant with the SD820. What were the Temps of the phone. Was it hot or something from wireless charging or something else.

There is a thermal tab in that same app that may shed some light on how hot the SOC is. May be good to provide that as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Cpu Temps were in the 70s and low 80s degrees C. I was downloading from Google Drive with an average of about 50 mbps, somewhere around 20gb or so. Luckily it wasn't in the middle of the night where my mobile data speeds have exceeded 100 mbps... It probably would have restarted the phone. I typically see restarts when cpu Temps go into the 90s degrees C.

I was getting the cooling down message that I have posted about before.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
80 degrees celcius ??? Wow my s7e doesnt go past 40 degrees c or around 90 or so Fahrenheit ever. Your cpu obviously inderclocked itself because of the heat

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep. That has to be thermal throttling then. Thanks for clarifying that since now it makes sense.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Np. Wierd, this is the only phone ive had zero thermal throttling with, except when it was 100 degrees outside and my s7e hit like 98 degrees it underclocked a little bit. But samsung did a good job with the heat pipe

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Cpu Temps were in the 70s and low 80s degrees C. I was downloading from Google Drive with an average of about 50 mbps, somewhere around 20gb or so. Luckily it wasn't in the middle of the night where my mobile data speeds have exceeded 100 mbps... It probably would have restarted the phone. I typically see restarts when cpu Temps go into the 90s degrees C.

I was getting the cooling down message that I have posted about before.

I'm amazed you haven't burned your hands. That a temperature range from 170 to near 200 degrees F!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
80 degrees celcius ??? Wow my s7e doesnt go past 40 degrees c or around 90 or so Fahrenheit ever. Your cpu obviously inderclocked itself because of the heat

It shows 40 degrees C in the cpu-z app? That's about the lowest I see when it is not doing anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams