03-23-2016 02:38 PM
44 12
tools
    I've been using Samsung keyboard, although I own Swiftkey. Prefer the layout on swiftkey slightly, but why add the additional program when you can't uninstall the samsung app anyway?
    03-21-2016 11:02 PM
    I think that SwiftKey was involved in some capacity with the creation of the default samsung keyboard.
    03-22-2016 06:07 AM
    I got my s7 edge yesterday and the keyboard is amazing so easy to type on and rarely any typos - I kept making a lot of typos on the s5. Samsung did a great job with this phone. I am so happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2016 08:09 AM
    When I first took my phone out of the box, I used the Samsung keyboard and it was performing well. The response was great and the predictions were somewhat on pint too for it not learning how I type yet. However I'm so used to the placement of the punctuation marks and other options on SwiftKey that I had to apply it again. Muscle memory has me where I don't want to learn another keyboard. It worked well though
    03-22-2016 08:28 AM
    I used it for the entire setup process at the T-Mobile store, and it was nice. My stress-test for any keyboard is to just mash the keys like a monkey and see how well it can figure out what I'm trying to say, and as far as stock keyboards, this one worked very well! I soon after installed Swiftkey due to some themes I liked, and the fact that I've used it since v3.
    03-22-2016 10:01 AM
    It does work pretty well although it really wants me to email someone. Ended up switching to swiftkey.
    03-22-2016 10:41 AM
    It does work pretty well although it really wants me to email someone. Ended up switching to swiftkey.
    That's exactly what I've experienced. It seems to constantly predict my next word as a particular friend of mine's email address, even though I haven't emailed him in over a year. Maybe it's trying to tell me something, but it gets annoying. Switched back to Google Keyboard.

I used to be a die-hard Swiftkey fan, but I found that it slowed down so significantly over time, that I gave up. Perhaps I was pointing it to too many personal sites to learn from?

03-22-2016 11:21 AM
    This seems to be the same keyboard as the Note 5's, if so then ya its a keeper. I never did get around to loading Swiftkey because I found no need ...
    03-22-2016 11:42 AM
    For me the swift key sometimes seems to wait before putting in the word I chose.
    03-22-2016 12:17 PM
    First Samsung device I haven't immediately replaced the keyboard on . I'm sticking with the stock one for now.
    03-22-2016 02:12 PM
    That's exactly what I've experienced. It seems to constantly predict my next word as a particular friend of mine's email address,
    I believe there is a setting to address that. however I cant find it at the minute. My brain seems to think there was a checkbox somewhere that offered to suggest contacts when typing
    03-22-2016 02:35 PM
    I believe there is a setting to address that. however I cant find it at the minute. My brain seems to think there was a checkbox somewhere that offered to suggest contacts when typing
    Thanks! I'll see if I can find that.

03-22-2016 02:41 PM
    I used to use SwiftKey religiously, but I haven't switched from stock yet. SK has gotten increasingly worse at corrections and predictions in the last year or so and this Samsung keyboard has been working just fine.
    03-22-2016 02:55 PM
    shhh.... it's blasphemy to say that you like stock stuff on Android forums!

srsly though, I use the stock keyboard for my samsung phone and my iPad. The stock samsung keyboard is not as good as the stock Apple keyboard but you know what, third-party keyboards suck. If they type well they look like crap and if they look good, they don't work all that well. Stock is the best compromise between the two. Swiftkey definitely does a great job at auto correction, but it just looks really cheap and stupid.

And no, having skin support is not the same thing as looking good. looking good means you have actual talented visual designers making a design that fits well with most of the apps you'll be typing in. Stuffing a a keyboard with Iron Man colors and images is not "good".
    03-22-2016 03:10 PM
    You can use Swift Keyboard for android. thank you.
    03-23-2016 03:43 AM
    I no longer have a Samsung phone, but I had a hard time adjusting to life without the Samsung keyboard. The only flaw I remember about it was that if you accepted the predicted word, it would place two spaces after it in the text, instead of one, so I would always need to backspace after accepting a predicted word. Maybe they have fixed the problem now. Has anyone else seen this problem on the Samsung keyboard?
    03-23-2016 10:53 AM
    I've always had HTC phones and I used to use HTC Trace I do the swyping. But then I started using Dragon / Swype and I thought it got the speaking better and I just was really used to it and I liked how you could type of word and it would become an emoji. Then I got this phone and was fine with the stock keyboard and when I make a mistake and touch the word it usually always has the correct word in the list. I'm already used to this keyboard but I liked on my HTC trace or my dragon Swype I could change the color of the swiping I don't think you can on the stock which is no big deal.

But I'm using the stock messaging app which I usually use Textra I don't like the new version of business calendar I'm using stock on that. Plus I like that the things show up in your messaging and your keyboard. My husband didn't like that it didn't have predictive text but he liked that the numbers were at the top but he ended up with SwiftKey I'm fine with stock stuff on this phone.

03-23-2016 11:23 AM
    I no longer have a Samsung phone, but I had a hard time adjusting to life without the Samsung keyboard. The only flaw I remember about it was that if you accepted the predicted word, it would place two spaces after it in the text, instead of one, so I would always need to backspace after accepting a predicted word. Maybe they have fixed the problem now. Has anyone else seen this problem on the Samsung keyboard?
    i dont know about that space problem, but I know from Moto to LG, Google to Swiftkey, I could never get used to a non-Samsung keyboard. Everytime I think i found one I like, i do like it, then I try a Samsung again, and I'm like, wtf, this is perfection. Sammy keyboard is the one for me
    03-23-2016 02:10 PM
    For me predictions were loading too slowly within the Samsung keyboard, so I switched back to SwiftKey and am very happy again!
    03-23-2016 02:38 PM
44 12