I just got my new S7 Edge after 4 years of being with Windows Phone. I love the phone but I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my fingerprint scanner. I've set up my fingerprints and the phone does unlock if I first turn on the screen by clicking the power or home buttons. I've seen some fingerprint speed videos where the phone is unlocked straight from the stand by screen without the need to first turn the screen on. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to have this work?
    03-20-2016 03:04 PM
    Are you pressing the button down?
    If the phone is on standby, press the button down and leave your finger on the button momentarily to unlock.

Having said that I've got into the habit of pressing and then quickly tapping again.
    03-20-2016 03:14 PM
    No the way it works is first you need to turn the screen on and then unlock. It doesn't unlock straight from stanby screen. You can bring the screen on by clicking the home button or power button once and then use the fingerprint sensor to unlock. It works the same way even on iPhone.

Or as suggested keep pressing the home button until it unlocks the screen, works that way as well. (It will bring up the screen and then unlock)
    03-20-2016 03:14 PM
    So depressing the home button and leaving your finger there doesn't work?

You can press it and leave it down, or press it and let it raise again with your finger still touching...
    03-20-2016 03:17 PM