3D Touch feature???

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't the S7E supposed to have the 3d touch feature the last iPhone has (applying pressure to the screen shows new functionality)? I haven't seen/heard that this feature was actually confirmed though and I haven't seen any conversation about it.

Was this feature scrapped or am I missing it?

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I'll take waterproofing over it. It wasn't a bad thing, actually pretty cool but it may need some work(iPhone). The only thing i used it for was quick peek on instagram pics so i wouldn't have to go into the picture and back out and to my surprise long press on the galaxy does the same thing with instagram pics lol. Maybe we'll see it in the next Galaxy.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
when I'm on instagram, if I hold down a picture, the picture pops up enlarged and provides me the two options to either like or comment, I'll take that as 3D lol

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Think I used it for the first three days I had my iPhone 6S Plus and then never again. I also think it was the reason the iPhones became so much heavier, so I'm glad they left it out of the S7E.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Think I used it for the first three days I had my iPhone 6S Plus and then never again. I also think it was the reason the iPhones became so much heavier, so I'm glad they left it out of the S7E.

i think the bigger weight gain was using stronger Aluminum in the casing. the 3d touch sensor just detects force applied to the screen and shouldn't account for much weight. i think the cover glass on the screen wasn't made thicker to account for the extra force being applied.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It practically does, lol. I can navigate the phone without touching the screen at all. I find this screen extremely sensitive. I'm thinking maybe if I pickup a screen protector that might dampen the sensitivity.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It practically does, lol. I can navigate the phone without touching the screen at all. I find this screen extremely sensitive. I'm thinking maybe if I pickup a screen protector that might dampen the sensitivity.

Posted via the Android Central App

I can tell you from experience that it does not. :)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I also had the 3d touch on my 6s plus. I never used it. Maybe if I made more of a effort to use it regularly maybe I would have gotten used to it. But I never saw a need for it really. It's just as easy to click something, open it then swap back again for me.

Don't get me wrong. The more features the better but I can live without it. As others have said I would rather have expandable memory and waterproof than have 3d touch.

GN_Will

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
It was never confirmed. I think they didn't see it as a useful feature. the good thing is that they included memory expansion and waterproof.