09-10-2016 04:43 AM
26 12
tools
    Does anybody have any of these two cases to compare on the S7 Edge? I have the Symmetry in gunmetal grey, and while I love the color and how it goes along with the S7 edge in silver, it is slippery and slick as hell. I've tried the commuter too, and the back is slick as well. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
    03-21-2016 08:39 AM
    Ive seen both and I like UAG better. Im sorry but I dont know why people like otterbox so much tho. It is expensive and the design doesnt appealing to me. I kno it offers great protection but so does UAG, spigen, etc.

-S7Edge
    03-21-2016 09:04 AM
    I'm not sure why people like Otterbox too. I've had the Note 3, Note 4 and Note 5 before the S7 Edge and used the Defender series on all 3 phones. I had nothing but trouble with all of them. The rubber would wear out over time, the screen protector was beyond horrible, and the phone would collect some dust in it somehow. And, as you mention, they're pretty expensive. With respect to the S7 Edge, there is no defender series; only the Commuter and Symmetry. Both of those cases are simply too slick. They symmetry has some grip on the sides, but it's not enough for me. The UAG case seems to have more of a lip, more bumper/corner protection, much better grip, and a better looking design overall.
    03-21-2016 09:21 AM
    I have the UAG in Ice! I've has a UAG on every phone I've owned sans the Nexus 6P. I've always had an Otterbox on standby, but I think my new standby is going to be a Spigen. UAG is worth every dime!

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    03-21-2016 09:53 AM
    I have the UAG in Ice! I've has a UAG on every phone I've owned sans the Nexus 6P. I've always had an Otterbox on standby, but I think my new standby is going to be a Spigen. UAG is worth every dime!

Is it pretty dependable in falls?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2016 10:38 PM
    Is it pretty dependable in falls?

Yep. I've dropped my phone twice due to frozen hands and it's saved me. Same with the iPhone 6 and the Note 5, the only other phones I've ever dropped.

03-22-2016 02:42 AM
    I've tried a million other cases but I always cone back to UAG. I've had their cases on my last 5 or 6 phones now, and they've saved my phones from many drops. I have the red UAG on my silver edge and it looks SICK.
    03-22-2016 05:12 AM
    I have an Otterbox Symmetry Clear for my Silver Edge and I think it is a very nice case. I have never tried UAG. IMO in seeing the ICE version of the case there is just too much going on on the back of the phone and I don't like the way it looks. This is the first Otterbox I have owned in a handful of years and I like what the Clear Symmetry brings to the table.

As for drop protection I am unsure as I keep a pretty good grip on my phones and rarely drop them. I have posted pics of my Symmetry in the cases thread.
    GoldenWarr likes this.
    03-22-2016 06:27 AM
    I have never tried UAG. IMO in seeing the ICE version of the case there is just too much going on on the back of the phone and I don't like the way it looks.
    Completely agree. All the UAG cases are way too busy-looking for my tastes. I don't want to say they're ugly, but they're ugly.
    BIG CAT 7 and GoldenWarr like this.
    03-22-2016 06:58 AM
    Have the clear UAG and a black symmetry. Here are some pictures of the silver in the clear UAG.

S7 Edge in Silver: Otterbox Symmetry vs. UAG Ice-uag00.jpgS7 Edge in Silver: Otterbox Symmetry vs. UAG Ice-uag01.jpgS7 Edge in Silver: Otterbox Symmetry vs. UAG Ice-uag02.jpgS7 Edge in Silver: Otterbox Symmetry vs. UAG Ice-uag03.jpg
    verks and Guyinbox like this.
    03-22-2016 08:30 AM
    Loved my UAG Ashe on my S6e. Was waiting for the UAG to show up on Amazon for my S7e... After a week of an Otterbox I ordered it directly from the UAG website.

By the way I added the case to my cart on UAG's website and then didn't finish the purchase. In 24 hours they sent me a reminder with a $5 off coupon.

03-22-2016 09:10 AM
    The problem with ordering form UAG is that it will take forever to receive. They are drop shipping them from China.
    Go to one of the Verizon Retailers (not a corporate store) and they will have them in stock.

Also the back of the UAG case is flat as a board and you loose the curves from the back edges of the phone.
    03-22-2016 09:38 AM
    I don't get where you say it is "slick as hell". It's a hardshell case. Do you have opposable thumbs? The black Symmetry case on my black S7 Edge is fantastic and I know it will protect my phone.
    04-16-2016 09:08 PM
    I have the black symmetry on my S7 and I feel I have enough grip from the sides (I don't like how dust gets stuck in the groove all around it though). I debated a lot about spending more and getting a UAG but I also feel it has a lot going on so instead as a backup case I ordered the supcase beetle in black which is much cheaper. Getting it tomorrow. I had this case on my moto x and it worked well. If you really want grip you may want to consider the speck candyshell grip although I personally think it looks ridiculous and too shiny.
    04-16-2016 09:28 PM
    I've got the Symmetry and the only thing slick is the back, which is fine with me. Helps it slide in and out of my pocket more easily. I just like the simplicity of it compared to the UAG in those photos on an earlier post. Just too much going on for me with those...
    04-16-2016 09:37 PM
    I have to agree here that the UAG is a much better-looking case but I guess that's a subjective type of thing huh? To me the OtterBox looks hideous. I have a Cobalt Blue on my gold Galaxy S7 Edge and it looks hot imo.
    04-17-2016 01:45 AM
    I have to agree here that the UAG is a much better-looking case but I guess that's a subjective type of thing huh? To me the OtterBox looks hideous. I have a Cobalt Blue on my gold Galaxy S7 Edge and it looks hot imo.
    Hi,
    If I may add to this discussion, no one really pointed that the symmetry has a real dual layer, soft and hard, while the uag, which is beautiful has only the hard layer from behind, and if the phone will fall on the back side it's going to be painful (even though the phone will not break, the inner parts will get the shock. This will not happen with the symmetry which have also the soft layer).
    05-10-2016 12:19 AM
    UAG > Otterbox

It has much better grip and protection. The otterbox's for the s7 edge are too slippery
    05-10-2016 07:03 AM
    UAG > Otterbox

It has much better grip and protection. The otterbox's for the s7 edge are too slippery
    But the uag ain't have any soft layer, I think it protects less, correct me if I wrong.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-11-2016 06:31 AM
    But the uag ain't have any soft layer, I think it protects less, correct me if I wrong.
    The UAG is very protective, I had one on my previous phone which was dropped several times with zero damage
    05-11-2016 07:07 AM
    UAG > Otterbox

The commuter maybe. The symmetry has a rubber grip all the way around the edges though. The only thing slick is the back.
    05-11-2016 08:46 AM
    The uag polycarbonate back is also slippery, I have it. They both slippery, but symmetry has another soft layer. The uag looks better though.
    05-11-2016 09:18 AM
    It has military grade drop protection. The "second layer" is built into the case and the composite material is excellent for shock absorption. I'm sure it's just as protective as the Otterbox but it looks 10 times better and the texture built into the back makes for a much grippier device.
    05-12-2016 04:11 PM
    The uag polycarbonate back is also slippery, I have it. They both slippery, but symmetry has another soft layer. The uag looks better though.
    The design carved into the back makes it that much more grippy than the commuter though........and yes, it looks much nicer IMO.
    05-12-2016 04:12 PM
    I own the uag and I want to ask you,did you noticed that the black tpu is really tough material, hard as a rock... it's not elastic at all... and I wonder how will it absorb the shock when the phone will fall from my hand.
    Maybe it's good absorbing from extremely high level drops, I'm not sure about average drops.
    05-20-2016 03:28 PM
26 12