When using manual focus, is there a way to choose the focal point? Sounds silly but I don't seem to be able to by simply touching to select.
    03-22-2016 06:43 AM
    I'm sure on mine I just tap the screen, but if you long press it brings up the focus lock and exposure lock. Just drag the circle to separate them so they can be set independently.

Edit tap the AF button at the bottom and make sure you haven't got it on manual focus.
    03-22-2016 07:25 AM
    I could be wrong, but with manual focus, you're CHOOSING your focal point by manually focusing on it. That's the whole point So you wouldn't be able to choose the focal point in manual focus mode.
    03-22-2016 07:41 AM
    Just reread your post. That will teach me to skim through it. Temporal beef is correct. You use the slider to set the focal point. If you want to be able to tap then use the focus lock.
    03-22-2016 07:50 AM
    Sorry not to be clear. I do want to choose my focal point, but it decides on its own what to zoom in on...frequently not where I want focus. Hard to focus on something you can't see.
    03-22-2016 08:12 AM
    If your in progress mode and tap the AF button this will give you a manual slider to set the focus point. Just move it until which area you want as the focal point is in focus. Or if you want the tap method. Long hold the screen and use the focus lock to tap the area and this will then stay as the focus point.
    03-22-2016 08:19 AM
    Just reread your post. That will teach me to skim through it. Temporal beef is correct. You use the slider to set the focal point. If you want to be able to tap then use the focus lock.
    If your in pro mode and tap the AF button this will give you a manual slider to set the focus point. Just move it until which area you want as the focal point is in focus. Or if you want the tap method. Long hold the screen and use the focus lock to tap the area and this will then stay as the focus point.
    03-22-2016 08:20 AM
    Not sure how to explain this differently. Long press does nothing for me in pro mode.

Try composing a shot with a close object in the right third of the screen and then attempt a manual focus...once it zooms in you no longer see the foreground subject on the right.
    03-22-2016 08:29 AM
    OK I'm with you now but what you need to do is centre the camera on the object to the right. Use the slider to focus. Release. The move the camera back so you can frame the shot. The focus area will stay on the original object even if you recompose the shot. Just don't change the distance between you and the focus object.
    03-22-2016 08:34 AM
    Will do. Just thought I might be missing something. Thanks for the help!
    03-22-2016 09:06 AM