1. johnwashere's Avatar
    I installed the System Update (Security one) last night and now my screen wakes up whenever I get a text message. I use Verizon Message+ (which I now prefer) and never had this issue before. I even disabled notifications for Message+ hoping that would stop it, but it still wakes up the screen when a text arrives. I have turned off notifications for samungs Messages just in case, and it still does this. I dont let Message+ do pop up messages either.

    Is anyone else having this issue?
    03-22-2016 10:53 AM
  2. johnwashere's Avatar
    Anyone?
    03-22-2016 06:02 PM
  3. Jaycemiskel's Avatar
    Yeah it happens for me too. I also use message +. I haven't tried to disable it yet though cause it hasn't bothered me enough
    03-22-2016 11:26 PM
  4. commonsenss's Avatar
    My phone has been doing the same thing except it is unrelated to text messages. The screen just wakes up randomly after it has been locked. I am receiving no notifications whatsoever during the times that it happens and it is annoying the heck out of me. Please tell me there is something in Settings I can change that I am just missing. Thanks!
    03-23-2016 07:16 AM
  5. src1425's Avatar
    My phone has been doing the same thing except it is unrelated to text messages. The screen just wakes up randomly after it has been locked. I am receiving no notifications whatsoever during the times that it happens and it is annoying the heck out of me. Please tell me there is something in Settings I can change that I am just missing. Thanks!
    Likewise! I have it sitting on a stand on my desk at work and it will just randomly wake up with no notifications and then turn off again. It's a little creepy....
    03-23-2016 09:48 AM
  6. ktabel01's Avatar
    Seeing this with message+ as well
    03-23-2016 11:42 AM
  7. walkman666's Avatar
    My phone has been doing the same thing except it is unrelated to text messages. The screen just wakes up randomly after it has been locked. I am receiving no notifications whatsoever during the times that it happens and it is annoying the heck out of me. Please tell me there is something in Settings I can change that I am just missing. Thanks!
    Same here. Bizarre, yet not a critical, behavior.
    03-23-2016 12:14 PM
  8. Tarah Sorber's Avatar
    After I update my s7 edge wakes up randomly when I have it sitting. No notifications. It just wakes up.

    ☆.♡~S7 edge~♡.☆
    03-23-2016 08:43 PM
  9. johnwashere's Avatar
    After I update my s7 edge wakes up randomly when I have it sitting. No notifications. It just wakes up.

    ☆.♡~S7 edge~♡.☆
    Yeah I have been getting some random wake ups too , even when nothing is coming in. 90% of the time its because of a text message, but the other 10% just happens for no reason. Even when I Mute conversations (especially my annoying group text groups) it still wakes the screen. I really hope samsung fixes this/or gives us the option to turn it off.
    I thought this update was just a Security update, but obviously it was not
    03-25-2016 07:58 AM
  10. ktabel01's Avatar
    New message plus update but still same issue with screen
    03-25-2016 08:50 AM
  11. johnwashere's Avatar
    Got the Message+ update and it did nothing.. Called samsung and walked thru troubleshooting steps but they couldn't figure it out. I turned off notifications for Message+ and (Samsung) Messages but it still wakes up screen but just shows no message info. Booted into Safe Mode and it still does that same thing. They are recommending I take it to Best Buy's Samsung Experience group.
    03-25-2016 09:15 AM
  12. f308gt4's Avatar
    I'm having the same issue on my S7 (non-edge) with Message+. Irritating. I was thinking about doing a factory data reset, but judging from the responses on this thread, it looks to be an issue with Message+ and the reset probably wont fix anything.

    The other observation I've noticed is that after I go into the Message+ to read the text, and I exit the app, after I press the power button to turn off the screen, it momentarily comes back on again.
    03-25-2016 09:19 AM
  13. johnwashere's Avatar
    I'm having the same issue on my S7 (non-edge) with Message+. Irritating. I was thinking about doing a factory data reset, but judging from the responses on this thread, it looks to be an issue with Message+ and the reset probably wont fix anything.

    The other observation I've noticed is that after I go into the Message+ to read the text, and I exit the app, after I press the power button to turn off the screen, it momentarily comes back on again.
    Yeah, I just noticed that too. Once I read, closed the app and shut down the screen mine does it too. Has anyone tried disabling Message+ to see if that fixes it? I like Message+ but if the app is acting funny due to the update, it might be worth to keep it disabled for now.
    03-25-2016 09:32 AM
  14. f308gt4's Avatar
    New update installing now on Verizon. I wonder if that will fix it.
    03-25-2016 11:55 AM
  15. ktabel01's Avatar
    Still waking after Verizon update
    03-25-2016 12:21 PM
  16. johnwashere's Avatar
    Yup still waking for me too. I disabled verizon Message+ and used samsung Messages. Screen still wakes in that, but when I disabled all notifications for samsung Messages, it does not wake the screen incoming messages. So annoying... Maybe we should all call samsung and notify them about this!
    03-25-2016 01:09 PM
  17. 1812dave's Avatar
    Why are you guys using Message+? I use Google Messenger which seems OK. I shy away from anything that's shipped with the phone. I didn't try M+ so know zip about it.
    03-25-2016 01:15 PM
  18. johnwashere's Avatar
    Why are you guys using Message+? I use Google Messenger which seems OK. I shy away from anything that's shipped with the phone. I didn't try M+ so know zip about it.
    It syncs my messages across all my devices - PC's, tablet, etc. and lets me text from all those. Also it allows me to text from my pc even when my phone is off. I have used mightytext and its just not as reliable. Also with it enabled, I can call from tablets with my original number. I disabled it and used the Samsung Messages and it still does the same thing, so its not a Verizon Messages+ issue....
    1812dave likes this.
    03-25-2016 01:24 PM
  19. johnwashere's Avatar
    I just installed Google Messenger and used it as my default. It does not wake the screen on mine either, so I will keep this (For now). It syncs the messages I send out from my phone, but not the ones I send from my pc... oh well, I guess I will live with this for now
    03-25-2016 01:46 PM
  20. f308gt4's Avatar
    I switched to Textra for now. Hopefully they will fix message+ at some point.
    03-27-2016 04:00 PM
  21. vinbahree's Avatar
    Yeah I have been getting some random wake ups too , even when nothing is coming in. 90% of the time its because of a text message, but the other 10% just happens for no reason. Even when I Mute conversations (especially my annoying group text groups) it still wakes the screen. I really hope samsung fixes this/or gives us the option to turn it off.
    I thought this update was just a Security update, but obviously it was not




    SAME THING HAPPENING WITH MY S7 EDGE wen ever watsapp msgs come in muted group screen get wakes every time please i need fix of this
    07-06-2016 01:49 AM
  22. Joni-Bag-o-Glass's Avatar
    I really hoped that something was known about this issues. I'm joining the club.

    Either a system update, or update to my launcher (Buzz) triggered something internally, but now out of the blue I'm having the screen wake up on IM, SMS, Email, maybe others... in the last 3 weeks.

    I have an S7, but a European model. I suppose this is somewhere deep.
    08-08-2016 07:11 AM
  23. TJA3500's Avatar
    Why are you guys using Message+? I use Google Messenger which seems OK. I shy away from anything that's shipped with the phone. I didn't try M+ so know zip about it.
    I use Message + because it works better than Google Messenger.
    It came preinstalled on the phone and I don't have to download another app.
    08-08-2016 07:34 AM
  24. ClintRo's Avatar
    Why are you guys using Message+? I use Google Messenger which seems OK. I shy away from anything that's shipped with the phone. I didn't try M+ so know zip about it.
    Message plus is actually a pretty good app and everything johnwashere said is correct. That being said for now I am using Hangouts, because I like to just have one app to check for text and messages. It works great for now, until the roll out the Allo
    08-08-2016 07:46 AM
  25. ATrain1_2's Avatar
    If you go to settings and search for screen notifications, there is an app/setting??? there that seems like it makes the screen light up for notifications. I turned it off for the message+ app and now my LED notification app has the LED indicator blink for new messages. #victory
    08-09-2016 03:05 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Air Command Gone After Marshmallow: Note 5, how can I get it back?
    By viratd in forum Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 03:19 AM
  2. Messed Up Superimposed Notification Icons Upon Waking Up S7 Edge!!
    By Dualmonitors in forum Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
  3. How do i turn off auto response on text messaging.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 11:19 AM
  4. How do I dynamically change the bottom line color in a edit text as I type?
    By AC Question in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 09:59 AM
  5. Why aren't people getting the text that I send to them?
    By AC Question in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD