10-30-2017 03:39 PM
32 12
tools
    Samsung has ChatOn which is supposed to be similar.

Personally though I use Viber and Wechat.
    08-12-2016 09:01 PM
    Hi all,

My wife and I will be receiving this week our new Galaxy S7 Edges. We're coming from iphones and ipads. I'm wondering if in the Android world there is an equivalent to imessage which would allow us to send and receive SMS texts on both the phone and, say, a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet? This is one feature of ios that we do find useful. Our phones are ATT if that matters. I believe verizon has a messages app which can be installed on both phones and tablets.

Thanks in advance!
    Since your on samsung, why not just use Samsung SideSync? http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=4Kc9ilfr
    08-27-2016 09:02 PM
    So Google Hangouts is the best option for us? @ Rukbat, could you please clarify what you mean regarding checking the SMS box on our idevices?
    Google is phasing out SMS support for hangouts by May
    04-09-2017 11:13 PM
    If you have a Mac computer, you can sync your Android text messages to Mac with the SMS for iChat app.

It's the only app that comes close to providing iMessage for Android like experience.
    05-16-2017 12:05 AM
    My friend recently switched from an iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro to a Cat S60 (Android 6.0) and Windows 10 laptop. The only thing he misses from Apple's ecosystem is sending messages (SMS/iMessage) from macOS. I did some digging around today and found that AirDroid appears to be the best option to send/sync messages on his laptop. The free version has no limitations on messages. There are limitations (200MB/mo for remote data transfer) on transferring data/files between devices, but that's not going to be his primary use.

There appears to be an issue with images not showing up in messages, but the fact messages send and receive in realtime is awesome and all that really matters.
    10-26-2017 07:25 PM
    My friend recently switched from an iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro to a Cat S60 (Android 6.0) and Windows 10 laptop. The only thing he misses from Apple's ecosystem is sending messages (SMS/iMessage) from macOS. I did some digging around today and found that AirDroid appears to be the best option to send/sync messages on his laptop. The free version has no limitations on messages. There are limitations (200MB/mo for remote data transfer) on transferring data/files between devices, but that's not going to be his primary use.

There appears to be an issue with images not showing up in messages, but the fact messages send and receive in realtime is awesome and all that really matters.
    Tell him to try Sidesync.
    10-27-2017 10:49 PM
    Tell him to try Sidesync.
    Thank you! I originally thought that was just for Samsung devices, but now I realise it can be for any Android.
    10-30-2017 03:39 PM
32 12