Screen lighting up in the middle of the night

kobastal

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both got the Galaxy s7 edge and like to charge it overnight. Unfortunately, once it is done charging the screen comes on full blast waking us up. Anyone know a way to keep this from happening? A phone that can't be charged overnight without waking us up is kind of a deal breaker. Looks like the s5 used to have this problem as well. Thanks

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If there isn't a way to disable the light coming on when the phone reaches full charge, maybe place the phone upside down so the light won't bother you. Ieave mine upside down most times and the edge lighting will light up the screen if my phone goes off. I've never had this issue though, the light doesn't wake me up at all if my phone is screen facing up. Or just dim the screen brightness all the way down b4 you go to bed.

Karen Ultee

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both got the Galaxy s7 edge and like to charge it overnight. Unfortunately, once it is done charging the screen comes on full blast waking us up. Anyone know a way to keep this from happening? A phone that can't be charged overnight without waking us up is kind of a deal breaker. Looks like the s5 used to have this problem as well. Thanks
I had this exact same problem. Your phone is going into screen saver. Go to Settings, Display, and and you'll see your screen saver is on "colors." Turn off the screen saver and all is well at night.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I use the app Lightflow led control and it has an option to keep the screen from turning on when the battery is charged and keep the led notification from staying on the whole time too. It also has an option to disable led blinking at night too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20