This is likely not a S7E exclusive issue, but it's one that has only cropped up since I got the S7E.

When I try to set a Twitter specific notification tone in the settings for the official Twitter app, it always reverts to the S7E default notification tone (set in the phone's settings). It does so immediately (that is it is still set as the default tone if I go immediately back in to the select tone screen after selecting the Twitter tone).

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, I've had an update installed for the app. The problem persists.

This is the same app and the same tone I was using on my LG G4 right up to last Friday when the S7E arrived. The G4 was also on Marshmallow (though 6.0).

Other app specific tones are working (i.e. Textra tones for individual contacts work fine).

Any ideas?
    03-23-2016 09:12 AM
    I had the same problem with galaxy s6 now the with the galaxy s7 edge is the same I think I tried like a 100 workarounds and none worked, so if you find a way, please share
    03-23-2016 09:44 AM
    Ditto. Super annoying!
    04-07-2016 01:34 PM
    I still have yet to be able to assign a unique tone to Twitter notifications from the official app. It's been updated another couple of times since my original post, as well.

Do some of you have a unique tone successfully assigned to Twitter app notifications? Or is this an issue we all have?

~Kevin
    Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 02:09 PM
    Im having the same damn problem. When I got my S5, the notification that I had on my twitter app worked fine. When I got my S7 Edge, it didn't want to stay. I think that Twitter needs to re-vamp their software. I think that's the real probelm & why mobile notifications that are set, revert back default.
    06-21-2016 05:43 PM
    I've had this problem since I got this phone.... I've posted the same question on this site as well as phandroid forums... Nothing from nobody... I've complained about it in the Google play store when rating the app... I've emailed twitter and got no response.... Don't think there is anything we could do... Its sooooo annoying!

06-23-2016 08:32 AM
    Nothing I do works... Nothing.... It always goes right back to default...

06-23-2016 08:32 AM