Biggest Complaint So Far

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
android N will let users scale the DPI setting through the UI. until then you can use adb to adjust the DPI.

the OEMs do adjust the DPI for what they feel is good for the user, which is why you see the variation between them, DPI (in this sense) is not a function of the hardware, it's just a software setting.

I did adjust the DPI to Condensed via the Nova Launcher method. I didn't like it overall, and it didn't seem to do anything to the notification font size in question anyway.

I wonder if everyone else's font size looks the same as the one in my screenshot upthread? If maybe there is some sort of glitch in my setup? I understand opinions vary, but I have a hard time believing nobody else has an issue with that notification detail size.

~Kevin
Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did adjust the DPI to Condensed via the Nova Launcher method. I didn't like it overall, and it didn't seem to do anything to the notification don't size in question anyway.

I wonder if everyone else's font size looks the same as the one in. My screenshot upthread? If maybe there is some sort of glitch in my setup?

~Kevin

This is mine. I did the Nova Launcher change and kept it since I like smaller icons and more screen space.

Attachments

• 1458834840148.jpg
    1458834840148.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I did adjust the DPI to Condensed via the Nova Launcher method. I didn't like it overall, and it didn't seem to do anything to the notification font size in question anyway.

I wonder if everyone else's font size looks the same as the one in my screenshot upthread? If maybe there is some sort of glitch in my setup? I understand opinions vary, but I have a hard time believing nobody else has an issue with that notification detail size.

~Kevin

Yea i dont like it either, have to put on reading glasses to see it :eek:
That and i wish i could hide apps in that app drawer, and or be able to group the apps into folders like you can if you put em on the home screen and group into a folder. Why the heck didnt they give the ability to do it in the app drawer ? :-\

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

~Kevin

condensed is the opposite direction you would want to go, you want to increase the DPI setting (which makes the UI elements and text larger) and the only way to make it larger than the default setting is through adb.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Yea i dont like it either, have to put on reading glasses to see it :eek:
That and i wish i could hide apps in that app drawer, and or be able to group the apps into folders like you can if you put em on the home screen and group into a folder. Why the heck didnt they give the ability to do it in the app drawer ? :-\

you can create folders in the app drawer (i'm assuming you're talking about the Touchwiz (stock) launcher) you just click the edit and then drag an app onto another one and it will create a folder.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
condensed is the opposite direction you would want to go, you want to increase the DPI setting (which makes the UI elements and text larger) and the only way to make it larger than the default setting is through adb.

I know. Thanks. I don't want a lower resolution just, and all it brings, to make the notifications larger.

~Kevin

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Looks like you have the tiny font, too.

~Kevin

The smaller font lets you read more of the notification. That would be a bonus, wouldn't it?

I see the size of the font in question. I am wondering how you read other things on your phone at all, since the font for all the toggles is just as small.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The smaller font lets you read more of the notification. That would be a bonus, wouldn't it?

I see the size of the font in question. I am wondering how you read other things on your phone at all, since the font for all the toggles is just as small.

The toggles also have the icon, though. Don't really have to read those.

~Kevin

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
you can create folders in the app drawer (i'm assuming you're talking about the Touchwiz (stock) launcher) you just click the edit and then drag an app onto another one and it will create a folder.
I got it, meh not so smarts sum times. :p
Derpa derp, beep beep.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried it for a week and changed it back to default on both of my S7 Edge phones. I prefer it the way it came from the factory.

The large DPI was almost a deal-breaker for me buying this phone. Luckily, the condensed option is available and it makes the phone much more usable.