Trying to move some of my bigger game apps to the sd card to free up space on the new s7. I have a samsung 120 gb card. It says the app is transferred to the card and that the whole thing is in external storage, but the vast majority of the MB usage of the app still remains on the internal card... so when I transferred, basically it freed up little to zero space... in fact, usually the app ends up adding to it's size on the internal storage (and when I "move it back to internal storage", that extra size gets shed, so essentially b "moving" files to the sd card, they actually aren't getting moved and are adding to the app's memory usage) ... I seem to remember being able to transfer the whole app and all (or at least most) of it's data in the past... what's the use of transferring apps if it doesn't free up space? Please help!
    03-23-2016 11:03 AM
    There is another thread citing that this just doesn't work. Better not to try.
    03-23-2016 11:08 AM
    I mean there are articles all over the internet claiming you can free up space by moving the apps to sd storage, I can't imagine there's no way around this? I'm using the settings in "Storage", not fancy outside apps. I tend to have a bunch of games on my phone and with only 32 gb of internal storage, that gets eaten up incredibly fast.
    03-23-2016 11:11 AM
    i noticed that too with larger games, which is why i ended up going the adopted storage route.

i don't know why it works for smaller apps, but larger ones (the ones that a user would actually need this feature for) don't work.

i can tell you that adopted storage does work, and personally i haven't seen any real downside to it as far as speed or stability go.
    03-23-2016 11:13 AM
    thanks for that, can someone point me in the right direction so i can configure adoptive storage?
    03-23-2016 11:19 AM
    03-23-2016 12:23 PM
    just make sure you understand the pros / cons of adopted storage before doing it
    03-23-2016 02:23 PM