05-22-2016 10:57 AM
85 1234
tools
    I ended up with the S7, was a grueling decision (i sat in the store for 2 hours) which I am not sure was the right move since I am torn up about it lol, true OCD.

Battery And everything on my edge was flawless, screen was even and perfect and battery was phenomenal I mean absurdly good, speaker Jack had zero issues, camera perfect, fit and finish were great.

Only thing about it was that every time I picked it up I thought to myself, beautiful device but i wish it was a hair smaller as I am tired of large phones, I realize it's tiny for a 5.5" but it still made me say that every time.

I have a battery phobia but the lowest battery I would see in the edge was like 40 percent (after like 5-6 hours SoT) and that was trying to run it down, if I can get the S7 to last the day (4-5 hours SoT) it will be fine.

After tons of large phones in a row, One plus, 6 plus, G4, Note 5, 6s plus then to S7 edge, I just feel like I wanted something a little more pocketable for a little while.

That and I am a phone junkie and switch every six months haha

I am sure in a week I am going to regret this but the damage is done lol.
    You know what? You won't. The same thing happened to me. And it's unbelievable how underrated this ergonomic issue is. You'll love using your ergonomically designed phone!

I went from so many big phones to the S6 edge last year and I've never been able to understand why I'd go with a bigger phone again. Which I might. But this is so comfortable!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2016 12:00 PM
    Thats the thing, it's not a massive difference yet it seems so comfortable in hand, as said I just wanted to change it up for a little , not to say I won't have large phones but this might be nice to use for a bit.
    03-27-2016 12:10 PM
    Thats the thing, it's not a massive difference yet it seems so comfortable in hand, as said I just wanted to change it up for a little , not to say I won't have large phones but this might be nice to use for a bit.
    Even a simple call taking process feels so much better.

Granted nobody uses their phone to call people but still.

It feels like your hands can breathe again.

03-27-2016 02:40 PM
    I ended up with the S7, was a grueling decision (i sat in the store for 2 hours) which I am not sure was the right move since I am torn up about it lol, true OCD.

Battery And everything on my edge was flawless, screen was even and perfect and battery was phenomenal I mean absurdly good, speaker Jack had zero issues, camera perfect, fit and finish were great.

Only thing about it was that every time I picked it up I thought to myself, beautiful device but i wish it was a hair smaller as I am tired of large phones, I realize it's tiny for a 5.5" but it still made me say that every time.

I have a battery phobia but the lowest battery I would see in the edge was like 40 percent (after like 5-6 hours SoT) and that was trying to run it down, if I can get the S7 to last the day (4-5 hours SoT) it will be fine.

After tons of large phones in a row, One plus, 6 plus, G4, Note 5, 6s plus then to S7 edge, I just feel like I wanted something a little more pocketable for a little while.

That and I am a phone junkie and switch every six months haha

I am sure in a week I am going to regret this but the damage is done lol.

i totally get it... i had 2 iphone pluses (6+ AND 6s+, and then downsized to the 4.7" 6s all within a few weeks on my JUMP Lease program...i never regretted it, but mainly because my second device is a Tab S 8.4 inch Phone version... i JUST changed that out to a white S6 Edge Plus i picked up on Amazon Saturday, and as much as i love it, its a bit unwieldy to have to use each & every time ya need to do ANYTHING cell phone related...

So it's been 2 weeks,any regrets on choosing S7 Edge over regular S7?-iphone-s6-edge-.jpg

JUST don't stand next to anyone with a S7 Edge and you'll have zero regrets...And there's always Swappa...lol

BTC
    03-27-2016 07:09 PM
    Swappa is my favorite place, I sell every phone I have once I get a new one, sold three so far there- G4, Note 5 and 6S Plus.
    03-27-2016 08:13 PM
    I would love to have the S7 over my S7e, but the screen size is a deal breaker. Need 5.5"
    03-27-2016 08:32 PM
    I've only had the phone for 2 days because I had originally settled and got the regular S7, but I regretted that decision very quickly and got an Edge when I finally found a place that had them. No regrets. LOVE the S7e!!
    04-03-2016 06:55 PM
    Nope. I love the edge. My favorite feature if the night clock. I love having the night clock on so at night I can see the time. Granted there are apps and all phones are capable of doing it but I like having the time on the edge of the display.
    04-04-2016 06:15 AM
    Love my S7 Edge, too. I am in my 50s, so the bigger screen over the S7 is a big plus. I do not mind how the phone feels in my hand.
    04-04-2016 10:07 AM
    I've only had the phone for 2 days because I had originally settled and got the regular S7, but I regretted that decision very quickly and got an Edge when I finally found a place that had them. No regrets. LOVE the S7e!!
    Wow, that was my story exactly. After I broke my previous phone, I went into T-Mobile hoping to buy the Edge. They only had the S7, so I got it. And honestly, if I had to stick with it, there is much to love about it. As many have said, it is very comfortable to hold, and very comfortable in the pocket. But I kept having to admit to myself every time I watched videos on YouTube that I missed watching them on the larger screen. After the The Edge being out of stock several times when I called, finally one day I called and they had 2 in stock, so I went down and exchanged the regular S7 for the S7 Edge. I truly feel like this is the phone I can hold on to for a while, at least a year. Even if it takes forever for it to get Android N, it won't really matter, because the major change with that version is something that Galaxy phones already have - - split-screen functionality.

04-04-2016 10:43 AM
    Wait... You can get bb hub and keyboard on the s7 edge? Tell me your secrets... Or is it just find the apk and sideload?
    I was thinking the same thing!!!! answers please!!!!!

04-04-2016 07:29 PM
    I was thinking the same thing!!!! answers please!!!!!

I don't have the link right now, but head over to CrackBerry Forums and find the (long) thread. Cobalt is the developer and he's responsible for porting all the BB apps over to non-BB phones. Good stuff and happy hunting.
    04-04-2016 08:13 PM
    No regrets at all! I went from the Note 4 to the Edge and it seems like such a smaller phone in my hand and in my pocket. Battery is insane! Best phone I have ever had.
    04-04-2016 08:51 PM
    None whatsoever.

04-04-2016 10:38 PM
    Went from HTC M9 to S7 edge and love it.....
    04-06-2016 11:21 PM
    I just wish that they have a 5.1 edge version with same 3600 mah battery.

-S7Edge
    04-09-2016 12:54 AM
    I've had both and each has its pros and cons. I ended up keeping the edge. Battery life wasn't bad on the S7 at all, but the screen made the difference to me. Two things I miss about the S7: the feel in the hand and the fact that I didn't have ANY SD card notifications popping up. The problem has become so bad on my edge that after trying every single fix read on these forums I called T-Mobile and they are sending me an exchange unit. Hoping the new unit doesn't have the same issue.

04-09-2016 01:32 AM
    Loving it, no regrets. Same screen size as my iPhone 6 s plus but so much smaller in hand.
    Plus, the display is so nice I find myself just staring at it sometimes 😂
    04-09-2016 12:20 PM
    Loving it, no regrets. Same screen size as my iPhone 6 s plus but so much smaller in hand.
    Plus, the display is so nice I find myself just staring at it sometimes
    And look at the dialer between a S7 Edge and a iPhone 6S. Which one do you think would be easier to make a call one handed? The dialer on the iPhone is the same size and takes up all that screen space no matter what size the iPhone is. I am aware that some iPhones use reachability to lower the top half of the screen for easy one handed use.

So it's been 2 weeks,any regrets on choosing S7 Edge over regular S7?-20160409_112539.jpg
    04-09-2016 12:28 PM
    Swappa is my favorite place, I sell every phone I have once I get a new one, sold three so far there- G4, Note 5 and 6S Plus.
    Hows the s7 holdin up for you especially battery life? I have exactly the same situation like yours. I want my hand to breath again lol so Im considering getting an s7. If I like it then I will sell my nice Titanium s7e with tons of case to swappa lol.

-S7Edge
    04-10-2016 02:43 PM
    I went back to the edge a few short days after the change. Bit the multiple restocking fees and everything. In the end I figured after a short period of time I would desire a little more real estate again and saved myself the hassle.

I also wanted to ensure I had the best possible battery life as its something I constantly lament over.

Edge has been great so far, it's a tiny bigger than I had wanted right now but it's worth the trade off in the end.
    04-11-2016 06:12 AM
    I went back to the edge a few short days after the change. Bit the multiple restocking fees and everything. In the end I figured after a short period of time I would desire a little more real estate again and saved myself the hassle.

I also wanted to ensure I had the best possible battery life as its something I constantly lament over.

Edge has been great so far, it's a tiny bigger than I had wanted right now but it's worth the trade off in the end.
    Ah I see.. what was your usual sot with s7 flat. I have this dilemma, I want to use a smaller s7 but at the same time I dont want to give up the titanium silver and the amazing battery life of s7edge

-S7Edge
    04-11-2016 06:50 AM
    None, love the edge.
    04-11-2016 07:13 AM
    Ah I see.. what was your usual sot with s7 flat. I have this dilemma, I want to use a smaller s7 but at the same time I dont want to give up the titanium silver and the amazing battery life of s7edge

-S7Edge
    I have both and the battery on the edge does drain slightly slower than the S7. Saying that I can get 36 hours easily out of both of them without trying to save battery useage at all.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    04-11-2016 07:17 AM
    Depending on my usage I seem to average the ability to get around 6.5h SoT with the edge (I do t always use that much but it's the average ), with the S7 it still went easily a full day of moderate use but I would say I was closer to around 4.5 - 5h of SoT depending on what type of activity. It's 20% give or take a few cycles and radio signal.

S7 felt great in hand and closer to what I wanted but I have to admit every time I saw a larger screen I felt like I was missing something even though the S7 was the in hand experience I wanted.

I also had to disable more than I do with the edge to get that battery life, I figured with that extra 600mah of the edge and its ability to sip a little better I could get away with running the phone a bit more open and not having to go so crazy on power saving techniques.

I also was limiting the apps I used on the S7 eg: metal for Facebook and Twitter rather than the official app,or something like Felix.

I decided I didn't want to spend $800.00 on a device that I couldn't use to its full potential.
    04-11-2016 07:21 AM
85 1234