So it's been 2 weeks,any regrets on choosing S7 Edge over regular S7?

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing!!!! answers please!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't have the link right now, but head over to CrackBerry Forums and find the (long) thread. Cobalt is the developer and he's responsible for porting all the BB apps over to non-BB phones. Good stuff and happy hunting.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No regrets at all! I went from the Note 4 to the Edge and it seems like such a smaller phone in my hand and in my pocket. Battery is insane! Best phone I have ever had.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had both and each has its pros and cons. I ended up keeping the edge. Battery life wasn't bad on the S7 at all, but the screen made the difference to me. Two things I miss about the S7: the feel in the hand and the fact that I didn't have ANY SD card notifications popping up. The problem has become so bad on my edge that after trying every single fix read on these forums I called T-Mobile and they are sending me an exchange unit. Hoping the new unit doesn't have the same issue.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Loving it, no regrets. Same screen size as my iPhone 6 s plus but so much smaller in hand.
Plus, the display is so nice I find myself just staring at it sometimes 😂

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Loving it, no regrets. Same screen size as my iPhone 6 s plus but so much smaller in hand.
Plus, the display is so nice I find myself just staring at it sometimes ??????

And look at the dialer between a S7 Edge and a iPhone 6S. Which one do you think would be easier to make a call one handed? The dialer on the iPhone is the same size and takes up all that screen space no matter what size the iPhone is. I am aware that some iPhones use reachability to lower the top half of the screen for easy one handed use.

20160409_112539.jpg

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Swappa is my favorite place, I sell every phone I have once I get a new one, sold three so far there- G4, Note 5 and 6S Plus.

Hows the s7 holdin up for you especially battery life? I have exactly the same situation like yours. I want my hand to breath again lol so Im considering getting an s7. If I like it then I will sell my nice Titanium s7e with tons of case to swappa lol.

-S7Edge

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the edge a few short days after the change. Bit the multiple restocking fees and everything. In the end I figured after a short period of time I would desire a little more real estate again and saved myself the hassle.

I also wanted to ensure I had the best possible battery life as its something I constantly lament over.

Edge has been great so far, it's a tiny bigger than I had wanted right now but it's worth the trade off in the end.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the edge a few short days after the change. Bit the multiple restocking fees and everything. In the end I figured after a short period of time I would desire a little more real estate again and saved myself the hassle.

I also wanted to ensure I had the best possible battery life as its something I constantly lament over.

Edge has been great so far, it's a tiny bigger than I had wanted right now but it's worth the trade off in the end.

Ah I see.. what was your usual sot with s7 flat. I have this dilemma, I want to use a smaller s7 but at the same time I dont want to give up the titanium silver and the amazing battery life of s7edge

-S7Edge

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Ah I see.. what was your usual sot with s7 flat. I have this dilemma, I want to use a smaller s7 but at the same time I dont want to give up the titanium silver and the amazing battery life of s7edge

-S7Edge

I have both and the battery on the edge does drain slightly slower than the S7. Saying that I can get 36 hours easily out of both of them without trying to save battery useage at all.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Depending on my usage I seem to average the ability to get around 6.5h SoT with the edge (I do t always use that much but it's the average ), with the S7 it still went easily a full day of moderate use but I would say I was closer to around 4.5 - 5h of SoT depending on what type of activity. It's 20% give or take a few cycles and radio signal.

S7 felt great in hand and closer to what I wanted but I have to admit every time I saw a larger screen I felt like I was missing something even though the S7 was the in hand experience I wanted.

I also had to disable more than I do with the edge to get that battery life, I figured with that extra 600mah of the edge and its ability to sip a little better I could get away with running the phone a bit more open and not having to go so crazy on power saving techniques.

I also was limiting the apps I used on the S7 eg: metal for Facebook and Twitter rather than the official app,or something like Felix.

I decided I didn't want to spend $800.00 on a device that I couldn't use to its full potential.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hows the s7 holdin up for you especially battery life? I have exactly the same situation like yours. I want my hand to breath again lol so Im considering getting an s7. If I like it then I will sell my nice Titanium s7e with tons of case to swappa lol.

-S7Edge
I'm thinking of doing the same, the phone is not very comfortable to hold due to the edge design. Definitely better than coming from the iPhone 6 plus, but I find myself not wanting the edge display and going to a smaller phone. Did you make the move?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
To me the S7 Edge is the most insanely appealing, striking phone I've ever owned. It's worth the extra care for me.

But I get that for others that may not be enough.

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
No.. Not at all.
Only issue I've noticed is the is the touch screen being a little to sensitive. But that should be fixed in a future update.

This would also be my only gripe (not regret) with the Edge, a mate has the normal S7 and he has the same sensitivity issue, so changing device wouldn't fix this anyway.

Bring on the update

Nadeem Memon

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I had both, decided to keep the edge, loving it but every once in a while I get that feeling that I wish it was a little smaller and that I could use tempered glass ;)

I know, first world problems, it's a great device, perhaps the best with the Note 5 held in the same regard, but just wondering how every one is getting along and if any one would have done it different had they had the chance to do it over.

Cheers

How is display quality, brightness and colors vibrancy as compare to S7 and Note5., I checked at samsumg outlets side by side S7 looks brighter and colors was vibrant then s7 edge and note 5, and s7 edge display was producing duller colors am I right plz reply thanks

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from the lg v10 (way to bulky), to the s6 edge (love it) . I started to love the S7 edge, but about 2 weeks into it, i had data connection issues. Verizon tech support had me do everything possible to fix including a factory reset, installing a new sim card and another factor reset. Nothing worked. They determined that the phone was defective so they were going to send me a replacement. A REPHURB. I said no way, its only 3 weeks old. I paid for a new phone, not a used one. After a week of verizon crap going all the way to corporate, i just sold it to a electronics shop, took the hit, and will try a new one from swappa. If that one fails, im changing brands. By tge way, I've been a verizon customer for 24 years, have 5 lines, always bought my phones through them. NICE WAY TO BE TREATED, ISN'T IT? Please don't give me the 14 day exchange bull. Thats for customers that are returning a good phone that they just didn't like. With a year warranty, they should have swapped it out,got credit from samsung and kept me hsppy.

Posted via Android Central App