I'm trying to decide between the 7 and the edge 7. How commonplace is it to accidentally touch the edge screen? Would my palm be activating the screen or tapping on icons accidentally?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2016 09:08 PM
    This was my biggest concern before buying the s7 edge but I haven't had any problems at all

03-23-2016 09:24 PM
    This is my first edge and I have that problem frequently. I'm getting better at handling it and it seems to be happening less frequently. The screen is very sensitive to touch. If it is locked you don't have to worry about accidentally activating anything. I carry mine in my scrub pockets all day and don't have a problem. My issues start once I turn it on. A case makes a big difference on the edges. It gives you more to grip. I'm not sorry I picked it over the s7.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    03-23-2016 09:31 PM
    I haven't had any problems with it either. I used the s6 edge as well and never experienced that problem at all. Also, if you don't plan on using the edge feature, you can disable it.
    03-23-2016 09:49 PM
    I had some trouble with accidentally activating the edge when it was on the right side of the screen. I solved the problem by moving it to the left side of the screen. I never swipe from the left unless I'm trying to open the Edge.

03-23-2016 09:51 PM
    I haven't had any issues at all. You have an option to move it or disable it altogether if it bothers you

03-23-2016 10:00 PM
    I put a thin, clear TPU case (Spigen Liquid Crystal) on because the phone is so slippery, and that's completely eliminated any false touches. Also solved the fingerprint magnet problem.

Any problems with accidentally touching the edge?-s7_edge_liquid_cr_title_01_grande.jpg
    KPMcClave likes this.
    03-23-2016 10:21 PM
    I had issues with it for a day or so until I trained myself to stop grabbing and holding it like an ape. Since then , no problems lol

robcassman likes this.
    03-23-2016 10:27 PM
    a thin case helped me, i had it caseless for a couple days, and while it looked amazing, i kept touching the edges of the edge. now i'm mostly good. (i'm using the thin samsung case FWIW)
    03-23-2016 11:11 PM
    Constantly. It's the main reason I switched to an S7 after a couple weeks with the Edge.
    03-24-2016 05:58 AM
    Happened frequently until I added a case. No issues now.
    03-24-2016 07:15 AM
    I did it alot.... got the Ringke SLIM case and have no more issues.
    03-24-2016 08:08 AM
    Case or bust
    03-24-2016 08:18 AM
    Happened frequently until I added a case. No issues now.
    I wouldn't say frequent, but enough to be irritating. Added a case , issue gone
    03-24-2016 08:21 AM
    This is my first edge and I have that problem frequently. I'm getting better at handling it and it seems to be happening less frequently. The screen is very sensitive to touch. If it is locked you don't have to worry about accidentally activating anything. I carry mine in my scrub pockets all day and don't have a problem. My issues start once I turn it on. A case makes a big difference on the edges. It gives you more to grip. I'm not sorry I picked it over the s7.
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^ it was worth the learning curve for me. I don't use a case, though it looks like it helps a lot.
    03-24-2016 10:08 AM
    This phone is even worse than the 6 when it comes to needing a case. I absolutely despise using a case on a phone but the edge screen demands you use one. Samsung, please make the aluminum protrude more so I don't have to use a case. Tried the aluminum frame case thing, hated the way it felt in the 6.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V
    03-24-2016 11:22 AM
    I put a thin, clear TPU case (Spigen Liquid Crystal) on because the phone is so slippery, and that's completely eliminated any false touches. Also solved the fingerprint magnet problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s7_edge_liquid_cr_title_01_grande.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	221794
    I got my Spigen coming soon. Ironically the Spigen site has them for $35 + shipping but their eBay site (their official one) has them for like $15-17 with free shipping so I snagged them off that (yes I missed the Amazon deal).
    03-24-2016 11:26 AM
    Here is the one I am using now... it is harder and thinner than the Spigen TPU.

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Snug-Fi...cUvbUpU5082773

Any problems with accidentally touching the edge?-capture.jpg
    03-24-2016 11:37 AM
    I wonder if any clear case can provide enough protection in a fall. Many reports of broken screens with small drops using obliq case. I have dropped my Note many times without even scratching the screen but the case protrudes on all 4 sides. This isn't possible with the edge7 if you want it to look like an edge 7
    03-24-2016 12:08 PM
    Handing the phone to others to show them something is the biggest problem.

I have the Samsung Clear Case and have got used to where I can safely grip the phone without touching the screen, although getting it out of your shirt pocket without loosing the call is similar to trying to extract the detonator from a nuclear bomb, very gingerly and go slowly. OOPS it's gone.
    robcassman likes this.
    03-24-2016 05:58 PM
    I think a soft TPU case will offer more impact protection than a hard case, albeit at the cost of being a little thicker.

Neither will offer the kind of protection a big, thick case will, but the phone is already big enough for me.
    03-25-2016 10:33 AM
    I'm trying to decide between the 7 and the edge 7. How commonplace is it to accidentally touch the edge screen? Would my palm be activating the screen or tapping on icons accidentally?

I have the exact issue with my Note 5. My palm will actually open apps, all the time! It's too bad Android does not use the same tech Apple has with unintended touches. I don't have this problem with my iPhone. I believe Apple designs this into their software.
    01-18-2017 07:22 PM

Have an S7 edge, and when I use it one handed it happens a lot. I just found an app called "No more accidentally touching" . It works very well, adds two (configurable) bars at the edges that disable the touch in those sections. A life saver.
    05-17-2017 09:17 PM
    I bought both a Ringke and Spiegen. They're both in the same class of protection...ok for everyday non-active protection (more like keeping the back from getting all scratched up while helping with the gripping on the sides.)
    I don't need a screen protector.
    They're both in the same price range. Both very slim. The Spiegen has way more 4 and 5 star reviews than the Ringke, but I think a large chunk of that is from name recognition. While the Spiegen has a (slightly) better side grip feel, the sides don't fit as snug as the Ringke. I'm keeping the Ringke.
    05-20-2017 02:19 PM
    I've had the S7 edge for almost a year now, and ABSOLUTELY fricking HATE. IT.
    I cannot watch a YouTube video, or read a web page, or even pick the damned thing up without inadvertently clicking about 5 things at once and losing whatever I was doing. Sure, putting a case on would help, but I don't want a case on it. And then, what would the point of the curved screen be? Hell, what IS the point of it?? And now that's all there are is curved screen displays.
    09-19-2017 09:38 PM