I got my S7 Edge last week, and have had a problem with gallery. When I try to look at my pictures, it won't open and I get a message that says "unfortunately gallery has stopped." I've rebooted my phone and the same thing keeps happening. The phone came with a new SIM card and Verizon is my carrier. Thank you
    03-23-2016 11:47 PM
    Have you tried clearing the gallery data by going to settings..... application manager..... all applications....gallery.... clear data? You can also try rebooting into recovery and wiping the phone cache....Boot Samsung Galaxy S7 into Recovery Mode first
    In the recovery mode, use Volume Up and Down button to navigate between the menus. There are several options to choose and make sure to highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
    Press Power button to select this options
    Now all you need to do is waiting while it cleans out the entire data cache partition. It could take some time before it finished, and the more data you have, the longer it will take to complete. Just leave the phone while the process take place and do not do anything with it.
    When the process is complete, you can bring your phone back to normal mode. Simply navigate through the option using Volume button and by using Power button, select the “Reboot System Now” options
    The phone will reboot into standard mode

Now, the first time you use the phone after you clear out cache partition, you may find that the phone is a little bit sluggish and doesn’t work as fast as it used to be. There is no need to panic, because it means that the phone and its Android system are still working on optimizing the whole application.

It may take some time before it finally goes back to its normal speed and you will find that it will work even faster with no more problem that plague you before. Hope this helps

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 02:09 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. If I clear the data, won't it erase all my pictures?
    03-24-2016 02:33 AM
    No...it wouldn't....just tried it on my S6. It just clears the temporary data of the app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 06:53 AM