Hi all. Just got my s7 edge. I'm in my trial period still. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 plus.

So my question is have any of you noticed that texts or mms don't send as easy on the s7 edge while on WiFi? I work in an office that has poor Tmobile reception (as well as all other cell companies) so I've always used WiFi calling, etc. This had never been an issue on iPhone.

I've rebooted router and also reset network settings in s7 edge. I'm hoping someone has some ideas. This may be a deal breaker since I need access from office.

Thanks
    03-24-2016 05:27 AM
    This is a Tmobile issue...they don't allow sending texts over wifi on the stock messaging app like Verizon does. You can use third party app like whatsapp I believe to do this.
    03-24-2016 07:11 AM
    This is a Tmobile issue...they don't allow sending texts over wifi on the stock messaging app like Verizon does. You can use third party app like whatsapp I believe to do this.
    They do if you are using Wi-Fi calling which is what he said he has used before.

@OP - are you saying when on wifi calling it just takes longer than when you were on iPhone?
    dpham00 likes this.
    03-24-2016 07:47 AM
    They do if you are using Wi-Fi calling which is what he said he has used before.

@OP - are you saying when on wifi calling it just takes longer than when you were on iPhone?
    Ah i didn't know that.
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-24-2016 07:51 AM
    Huge pain point with android. Even with wifi calling mms doesn't want to go a lot. Nothing will be a fast and reliable as apples imessage. But as company's roll out advanced messaging like tmobile did last year it will get better hopefully. Advanced messaging is only compatible with certain phones and providers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 08:00 AM
    i like vzw wifi calling, i wish they had mms/sms over wifi
    03-24-2016 09:04 AM

Actually sometimes the texts or mms won't even send. I get send failure and need try and resend. It's quite the pain. Tmobile said there shouldn't be an issue sending texts or mms if I'm on WiFi.
    03-25-2016 05:13 AM

Yes they do. It works at times.
    03-25-2016 05:14 AM
    I have this issue on my Note 3 all the time. You use to never be able to send MMS messages over Wifi but they enabled it a while back. But it still doesn't work 100% all the time.
    03-25-2016 03:28 PM
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I've been having this issue since I got my S7. I get error messages like the text didn't send but in most cases it actually goes out. I end up resending the message not knowing whether or not the recipient actually got it. It's not predictable at all. Sometimes the message goes out fine over wi-fi. Other times it gives me the !(bang) but I still never know whether it sent through or not unless I get a reply from the other party right away that is a direct response to that particular text. If not I usually disconnect from wi-fi and send it again. It's just a pain.
    02-10-2017 10:28 AM