I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge where every time I open the camera app and want to go to the settings, it immediately exits the settings menu and goes back to the camera. It doesn't give me any time to scroll, swipe, click, or do anything before leaving the settings page. I took off my case and am not touching any part of the screen or back button when it does this, and I don't have this problem with any other apps.

I closed the app, went to application manager and did a force stop, clear data and cache, restarted the phone and the problem is still there.

Any thoughts?
    03-24-2016 08:37 AM
    Have you tried any other camera apps? (The stock one is usually the worst one anyway.)
    03-24-2016 08:17 PM
    I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge where every time I open the camera app and want to go to the settings, it immediately exits the settings menu and goes back to the camera. It doesn't give me any time to scroll, swipe, click, or do anything before leaving the settings page. I took off my case and am not touching any part of the screen or back button when it does this, and I don't have this problem with any other apps.

I closed the app, went to application manager and did a force stop, clear data and cache, restarted the phone and the problem is still there.

Any thoughts?
    04-14-2016 08:04 PM
    I have the same problem with my s7, settings in my camera app shutdown right away after I open it. I didn't want to switch to a third party camera app if I don't have to. The stock one is great on samsung.
    04-14-2016 08:05 PM
    Go to Settings, About Device, tap on Build Number several times (4-7 times) until it says Developer Options is enabled. Once enabled, tap on Developer Options, scroll down and make sure "Do not keep activities" is off. Fixed.
    LizCCF likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:57 PM
    Thank you Natoy_50! I've joined this site so that I could thank you & so that I can be better informed. Appreciate your help!
    03-27-2017 12:03 AM