Should I return my S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

I recently went from an iPhone 6s 128gb to a new S7 Edge. I bounce back and forth from Apple to Android every year or so and I always love some of the features of Android, but the phones always start to lag and hesitate and it bugs me to no end. The S7 Edge is already doing it a week and a half in.
I'm trying to figure out if I should just return it and go back to iOS. Or if I should try another Android phone. I live in Iowa, and while there's a major university here and the town's decently sized, there's nowhere I can go to put my hands on a phone other than the usual suspects. I'm reluctant to buy a phone sight unseen.
Thoughts?

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you buy an AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint S7, or did you buy the crapware-free carrier unlocked international version? (SM-G935F).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If your more comfortable with the iPhone no harm in switching back. I switch often. But so far I like the s7 edge much better than the iPhone. Now depending on ios 10 and the iPhone 7 I may or may not switch back myself.

If your not sure on the s7 edge you might want to return it. These are expensive devices to have to settle on. Get the device your most comfortable with.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Buy a nexus 6P if your bothered by lag. My 6P has zero lag, and faste than my S7 Edge. Never had any lag on my 6P ever.

Posted via the Android Central App

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, what do you people put on your phones that causes massive lag a week after getting it? My S7 suffers none of this and I think half the issue people have is psychosomatic. If you're comfy with iPhones, by all means go exchange it for an iPhone. I switch between both for work and I would never be happy using an iPhone for my personal daily adventures. Each to their own.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to understand that too. I switch phones alot...Android to iPhone and back to android. I can honestly say I have not experience lag since maybe during Note 3 days. I had the Note 5....a few times. No lag!!! The S6 Edge Plus. No lag!!! Had iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus. No lag!!! I have the S7 Edge now and this phone flies...smooth as butter. Arguably the fastest I have had in a long time. No lag!!! So I'm curious as well to understand this lag stuff. I'm curious is it maybe the screen transitions people are calling lag. I don't know.

Posted via my Galaxy Samsung S7 Edge

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The claim of lag after a week sounds like a cop out, and that you're stretching for reasons to go back to ios. I've got over 50 additional apps installed, and typically have a dozen running in the background. This thing cannot lag.

Unless of course you've got some poorly coded non-mainstream apps loaded.

Are you sitting there staring at your home screens, sliding back and forth between them as fast as you can to see if you spot a stutter?

Insanity. My advice is to please return your edge as soon as you can, and fire up the 6s again. Allow someone else to enjoy your refurb.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Get what makes you happiest.. It's all that matters.. 2 weeks with my Edge and experienced no lag at all.. My guess is it must be app related..

Posted via the Android Central App

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, what do you people put on your phones that causes massive lag a week after getting it? My S7 suffers none of this and I think half the issue people have is psychosomatic. If you're comfy with iPhones, by all means go exchange it for an iPhone. I switch between both for work and I would never be happy using an iPhone for my personal daily adventures. Each to their own.

No, it just depends on your personal sensitivity. The S7 Edge definitely has a slower interface (aka lag), it's evident in every Youtube video or review.

My S6 Edge Plus is faster than my S7 Edge in UI responsiveness. It's still on Lollipop though so it might lag just as badly once it's upgraded to 6.01.

My iPhone 6S Plus on the other hand flies way faster than my S6 Edge Plus so there's no contest there at all.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently went from an iPhone 6s 128gb to a new S7 Edge. I bounce back and forth from Apple to Android every year or so and I always love some of the features of Android, but the phones always start to lag and hesitate and it bugs me to no end. The S7 Edge is already doing it a week and a half in.
I'm trying to figure out if I should just return it and go back to iOS. Or if I should try another Android phone. I live in Iowa, and while there's a major university here and the town's decently sized, there's nowhere I can go to put my hands on a phone other than the usual suspects. I'm reluctant to buy a phone sight unseen.
Thoughts?

Went from a 6p to a s7 edge and im back on a 6p because i can not deal with how the s7 is not even close to how smooth my 6p is.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes lag is more app related than phone related. For example I find the lag on Tapatalk ridiculous. Even on fast wifi or perfect lte there is sometimes a 10 second lag to open a forum or sometimes a thread. I back arrow and try again and it might pop right on or it might still be several seconds. I think Tapatalk or site servers are the culprit because other apps like Twitter open right up without delay. Then there is Google Maps with a second wasted in the stupid splash screen! Even on a Nexus a splash screen slows you down. Occasionally the keyboard might lag but I find a restart or cache clear is the easiest cure... And honestly my keyboard hasn't done that in a long time.

I find games that constantly remain connected to the network doing stuff on their own slow things down so I close them manually.

I don't see how people who are power users can stand iphones though. No accessible file structure and very complicated to do simple things like share a photo in an email. And don't get me started on itunes. Talk about complicated.

Anyway I need flash player for work so iphone kind of ruled out on that alone.

bigguynak2

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Im in the same boat, except Im coming from a Z3. Same apps installed, same widgets on home screens, everything is set up the same. My Sony shows no signs of lag or stutter, the S7E is unacceptable for a device that should be vastly superior. Also, I think some people are confusing load or network "lag" with graphical or input lag. I've had times many instances where the graphic engine begins to render then freezes for seconds because it has run out of memory to finish rendering or pressed on screen buttons and watched them activate several seconds later. If it were at all possible to flash a stock Android image I would do that and keep it as Im sure the issue is touchwiz. But Samsung has completely locked these devices down. Its a disappointment as I thought Samsung might have finally ironed out most of their issues.

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just spent 15 minutes with my S7 Edge next to my iPhone 6 plus. Swiping between screens, opening folders from the main screen, launching browsers, loading browser content, camera launch, photo/gallery opening, etc. were either the same or the S7 was slightly faster. The movement was easily as smooth. I don't usually care to get involved in these stupid discussions of perceived lag, but I really think people just like to poke at Samsung and TouchWiz because it seems fashionable to. The Nexus devices are too plain for my taste. I don't mind a bit of crayon splash if it makes things more fun.
I say the same thing to the original post that I do to everyone. Try out whatever phones you're considering and keep the one you feel most comfortable with. Both iOS and Android have their pros/cons. Samsung's interface isn't for everyone and there are at least 3 other choices for good Android OEMs. Don't ask us if you should take your phone back or which one you should keep. That is your personal decision and needs to be made with how you feel/perceive the OS/device you're using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888